Great America
Roller Coasters
Rides
Hurricane Harbor
Water Slides
Water Attractions
Advertisement

The Big Boy's guide to Rollercoaster restraints

Talk about anything that has to do with the amusement park industry here.
Postby Whizzer Whiz Kid on May 1st, 2017, 1:02 pm
Goliath does have a seatbelt as well. I believe after the Texas Giant accident, all RMCs do.
Whizzer Whiz Kid

Postby tribar on May 1st, 2017, 1:05 pm
Huskies78 wrote:Thanks Whiz!
Glad to know that there's a test seat. Is it a seat belt, or does the lap bar have to go down to a certain point?

Both.
tribar

Postby Galvan on June 9th, 2017, 5:21 pm
Hey All,

Goliath while an RMC, I've found it to be as difficult to get on as El Toro was.

Its going to be very close for the guy who posted dropping his football weight :|
Galvan

Postby FParker185 on June 11th, 2017, 11:28 pm
FYI, been meaning to post this for some time, but as of mid october of last year, the seatbelts on the orange train are about 3-6 inches shorter than the belts on the red train.

Confirmed it was still the case a few weeks ago, was not even close to being close on the orange train, then room to spare on Red.
Favorite Wood Coasters: The Voyage, Ravine Flyer II, Thunderhead, Balder
Favorite Steel: Steel Vengeance, Expedition GeForce, Olympia Looping
Parks visited: 222, Coasters Ridden: Steel: 822, Wood: 178, Total: 1000
FParker185

Postby ThemeParkFan07 on June 20th, 2017, 2:24 pm
I'm headed to SFMM for the first time in early July. I'm still around 6'2'', 285 lbs, unfortunately, trying to lose what little I can before then.

What should I expect with X2 and Green Lantern? Superman? Lex Luthor?

Are the Full Throttle trains like those on Sky Rocket?

Is Twisted Collossus about the same as Goliath, or is it more or less forgiving? (In the past I'd found Outlaw Run to be more forgiving than Goliath)

Any help is appreciated.
ThemeParkFan07

Postby Dan The Coaster Man on June 21st, 2017, 3:18 pm
I went to SFMM a few years back when I was 6 foot 2 and around 220 I would say. Since it's been over 3 years and I was new to the "Coaster Enthusiast" life when I went, I really didn't pay attention to restraints. However I remember Full Throttle being a pain. Not sure if it's the same restraints as Sky Rocket, but I would bet my money on it. PR restraints are not friendly to the big and tall. I was able to ride everything. I can't remember that much it was so long ago (2014)... I need to revisit :P but Full Throttle will probably give you a hard time.
Dan The Coaster Man

Postby haveahiddles on August 30th, 2017, 3:54 pm
I am big, but not a boy. :)

I am 5'4" and probably 290 lbs. I was at SFGA a few weeks ago and I tried the test chair outside of the Joker; I could fit my butt in there just fine but the OTSR was an inch or two short of clicking. (I have a big chest, 40G, so "the girls" were very in the way. My GF even suggested that maybe wearing a minimizing bra next time would help.) I also tried the test seat for Batman and I couldn't even fit my fat butt in that narrow little seat.

I fit fine in the Dark Knight coaster (a little tight, but not bad) and in the Justice League ride. Also went on one of the log flume rides with no problem, but there's no restraints on those anyway. :)

Are there tester seats for other coasters like Goliath, Raging Bull, and American Eagle? I didn't see them and I was hesitant to get in line for a ride I might not fit on.I did see a test seat for V2 but didn't try it since I had no intention of getting on that one.
haveahiddles

Postby Galvan on August 30th, 2017, 5:10 pm
Raging Bull and Goliath have test seats.

However, I will say that based strictly on what you've said. You most likely wont make Raging Bull and definitely wont on Goliath.

American Eagle, could be an issue as well.
Galvan

Postby haveahiddles on August 30th, 2017, 9:46 pm
I'll still try. Far less embarrassing to not fit in a test seat than it is to get the walk of shame after waiting in line. If nothing else, it might be incentive to lose a little weight before next season.

The problem is that I I have a little waist and then big hips/butt and big boobs. The boobs in particular get in the way of the OTSRs.

I took a look at the Goliath pictures and I don't think I'd want to go on anyway. A bit too scared to go on a coaster that goes upside down but only has the lap bar. Same for Demon.

Does American Eagle NOT have a test seat? I was hoping I might be able to go on that one.

X-Flight and Superman, I am already assuming I won't be able to ride.

I'm like the exact opposite of what I need to be. I only like upside-down coasters when they have OTSRs, but I have too much chest happening to fit into an OTSR.
haveahiddles

Postby Dan The Coaster Man on August 30th, 2017, 10:55 pm
^ No test seat for AE. X-Flight will be a no go. Superman will probably be a no go.
Sucker for a launch | Coaster Count: 502
Dan The Coaster Man

Postby CoasterRiderSC on August 31st, 2017, 8:11 am
^ You should have no problem on Whizzer...
Single Day Ride Count Record

50 rides 8/17/2018 (Without Flash Pass - Coasters After Dark)

---- "Here we go, kids!! Here we go!!"
CoasterRiderSC

Postby haveahiddles on August 31st, 2017, 7:22 pm
CoasterRiderSC wrote:^ You should have no problem on Whizzer...

I was wondering about Whizzer. Does that one have seatbelts or a lap bar?
haveahiddles

Postby RollingCoasting on August 31st, 2017, 7:31 pm
Just a seatbelt. Very roomy trains
RollingCoasting

Postby Dan The Coaster Man on August 31st, 2017, 9:15 pm
Whizzer should be a cake walk
Sucker for a launch | Coaster Count: 502
Dan The Coaster Man

Previous

Return to General Coaster Talk