Great America
Roller Coasters
Rides
Hurricane Harbor
Water Slides
Water Attractions
Advertisement

"Unacceptable Posting" Rule problem

For any questions, comments, problems or suggestions about anything on this website.
Postby Do I Know You on May 6th, 2003, 2:46 pm
I've recently seen a moderator close a topic that had some videos of Great America and Cedar Point. He said he closed it because in order to shoot those videos, the person had to trespass and take a camera on a ride, which is a violation of Six Flags policy. I say to let the park deal with the person. The videos themselves were not illegal, but the persons actions were. So as I said earlier, let the park deal with it and leave his videos up.
this is a signature
Do I Know You

Postby CoasterDave316 on May 6th, 2003, 3:38 pm
I never saw the videos because I wasn't the mod who took down the link. So I can't comment on that, if he felt it neccessary then im sure it was, since I have faith in the Mods decision's. That is why I made them moderators in the first place, so not all decisions go through me. However, we are trying to keep these forums and this site "completely legal" as I like to say, this way we can continue to cover Media Events at the park and perhaps get other opportunities in the future. If the park hates this site and doesn't like this site, they could very well shut it down. And I am sure no one, including me doesn't want that to happen.I personally don't think our rules or topic closing are too strict, we don't lock many topics at all. And most of the topics we do lock are locked because they are already being discussed in another topic.
Go Bulls!
Dave - SFGAmWorld Webmaster
CoasterDave316
Webmaster/Site Admin

Postby stolen_starz on May 6th, 2003, 5:02 pm
Aren't ALL videos shot ON the rides, not very legal since the park prohibits the use of video cameras on park rides? I mean, it's very clearly stated all over the park. I dunno, maybe u guys took them on days that you were allowed to but I was always under the impression that all of them were taken without the park's knowledge.But yeah, I understand why you wouldnt want the park to think that you were using stuff on their rides that might just put them in a position to dislike the site and file a suit for using "their" material. I'm sure if they really wanted to, they could make it illegal to post videos of their rides online but it probably attracts business, but yeah, the post on TTD, it's a little too early to have things like that out and the fact that he STATED that someone trespassed into the park and took the video is not cool at all and it really doesn't make this site look good. So I completely understand why T_Biggs (I think it was) took it off. THat was a good call on the site's behalf if we want to continue posting and sharing information.
Need a break from college homework.. 2004 season, come faster!!
stolen_starz

Postby T_Biggs on May 6th, 2003, 6:38 pm
I was the one who removed the link. I let it go, just ignoring the link. After a few days, I took a look at it. After the fiasco on CoasterBuzz and Guide to the Point regarding the TTD videos, it should have been obvious to anyone that its not really a matter of if you like it or not, but right and wrong.It had videos taken from on-ride, cameras on rides is against park policy. As far as I know, the whole site was from things on opening day. Opening day had (to my knowlage) no special exceptions that allowed cameras on rides. That was for media day. Because I know Dave would like to stay on good terms with the park, him, Scott, or myself will not allow content taken in ways that break the park rules to stay on this site. It's not a matter of it being illegal, I don't think it is (but don't quote me on that), but it is breaking park rules (go ahead and quote me on that.)We moderate based on right and wrong. If we feel something is inapropriate and does not belong here, it is wrong. If it is wrong, we do our best to fix it. In that case, the solution was remove the link. I'm sorry I didn't fix the problem sooner, but I just skimmed over the topic without visiting the site first. Maybe if I would have and noticed it's content, it would've fallen in the dust before more people knew it existed, and could get upset by my removing it.
T_Biggs

Postby NegativeGeez on May 7th, 2003, 5:34 am
id like to openly state right now that i had and have absolutely no intention of creating any problems for this site, its mods, amins, or members. im relatively new here, im still not entirely sure what kind of relationship you have with sfgam, but i just wanted to share some of the videos and pictures from my opening day experience with everyone. i know full well that i was in violation of park rules when i shot my on ride videos, and i will be the first to admit it and take blame should any sort of punishment need to be doled out. im not going to try to make excuses or piddly reasons. i like on ride videos and pictures and i have been taking them for a long time, ive just never until know had the means to put them online.i now understand your desire to stay on good terms with the park and im not at all bitter or angry about the removal of the link. i understand your reasons and if i had thought or known that there was a chance it would create any problems i would not have ever posted the link to begin with.im very sorry for opening a can of worms.edit: id also like to make it known that i just removed the infamous dragster videos from my site.
NegativeGeez

Return to Problems, Questions and Suggestions Forum