Great America
Roller Coasters
Rides
Hurricane Harbor
Water Slides
Water Attractions
Advertisement

Is SFGAmWorld Dying?

For any questions, comments, problems or suggestions about anything on this website.
Postby Guy_With_A_Stick on October 10th, 2014, 7:44 pm
Since the 2015 announcement, I've come on the site every day to find few, if any posts.

I'm just worried if the site's dying, or is it going to boom again by the opening/2016 announcement?

Join the SFGAm Fan Discord! https://discord.gg/bNrTj9P

The Voyage | Goliath SFGAm | Skyrush | Maverick | Viper SFGAm | Outlaw Run | Thunderhead | TTD | Lightning Run | Thunderbird
Guy_With_A_Stick

Postby Coaster Justin on October 11th, 2014, 12:09 pm
Most of the forum members are either not taking trips (Reduces TR's), Working, or In School. Plus SFGAm is only open on weekends so that really reduces TR's during the week.
926 Coasters around the World! Countdown to 1000!

http://sfgamworld.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=15272

Runner Up of the 2017 SFGAmWorld Elimination Thread
Coaster Justin

Postby Foltzy on October 13th, 2014, 9:03 pm
I know me and probably a lot of other members have been ridiculously busy with a new school year.
Also just haven't been able to go to SFGAm and see anything worth posting about
Foltzy

Postby Coaster Justin on October 13th, 2014, 9:58 pm
And I don't have much to say lately. Unless you want me to list what I Would do If I Bought Six Flags in 1996.
926 Coasters around the World! Countdown to 1000!

http://sfgamworld.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=15272

Runner Up of the 2017 SFGAmWorld Elimination Thread
Coaster Justin

Postby RollingCoasting on October 17th, 2014, 6:50 pm
Foltzy wrote:I know me and probably a lot of other members have been ridiculously busy with a new school year.

That and that I haven't been to SFGAM since August
RollingCoasting

Postby [jonrev] on October 19th, 2014, 6:34 pm
Coaster forums as a whole are kinda growing obsolete in the age of social networking - hell, even the old-school PTR is becoming a lost art now that everyone has a smartphone and can just up pics/captions to Twittstagrambook from the park.
[jonrev]

Postby JimPanky on October 24th, 2014, 7:53 pm
Absolutely not daily posts alot of members and fun things like tournament of thrills.
JimPanky

Postby CoasterDave316 on October 25th, 2014, 11:41 am
It's pretty normal for this site to go through periods of being extremely active and then other times when there isn't much to talk about it. It all has to do with what is happening at Six Flags Great America.

This year between August 2013 and July 2014 was the most active these forums have ever been, with the addition of Goliath.

Before that X-Flight and Superman Ultimate Flight were the most active times of the sites.

When Great America doesn't add anything major, like the years they added Operation Spygirl, Wiggles World, Buccaneer Battle. Interest level in talking about the park goes down and there is obviously less discussion. With them not really adding anything major in 2015, the interest level is down now.....until the next major attraction, whenever that will be.

This site isn't going anywhere anytime soon so it will be here whenever the next big attraction comes along. Hopefully I finish the mobile version of the site by then so it's easier to browse on those devices.
Go Bulls!
Dave - SFGAmWorld Webmaster
CoasterDave316
Webmaster/Site Admin

Postby JimPanky on October 25th, 2014, 4:24 pm
Exactly when there is interesting stuff going on about the park when there is sdgam related stuff to talk about this is the site most of the discussion takes place on. There are others out there but no sfgam site gets as much traffic and as many posts as the world.
JimPanky

Postby RollingCoasting on July 17th, 2015, 12:33 am
Sorry for bumping the thread, but wow, three years and three days ago, 296 people were on the site at the same time. Since I've been viewing this site, I don't remember see it over 37 or 38 people :? (That was the time of Goliath speculation.)
RollingCoasting

Postby B&MGuy35 on July 18th, 2015, 2:25 pm
I'm sure you will see numbers increase again by the end of the month beginning of August when they start teasing (hopefully) with the new attraction for next year.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N915A using Tapatalk
B&MGuy35

Postby RollingCoasting on August 11th, 2015, 1:21 pm
Yep, you were right. We had 25 people 1 minute ago. :D

EDIT: Here's a picture

users.png
RollingCoasting

Postby Goku1910 on January 20th, 2016, 7:20 pm
The site was insanity during Chang watch before that plan was scrapped for Riptide Bay. The hourly e-mail spam from a topic subscription was fun. :lol:
"I've been told that some part of every wish will be heard but lately I lost sight of the truth in those words."
Goku1910

Postby JaminOut on January 20th, 2016, 11:41 pm
This was well before my time, but I thought this site was doing pretty well. The people who are left are the long-term members and admins, or the few new people who stick around longer than the annual Speculation Season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I gon' cut you...
JaminOut

Postby Necropolis on January 26th, 2016, 3:39 am
This is my first post since October when Frightfest was going on. It's the off-season where this site really dies, just like everything in the bane of winter. Once the season gets closer to opening, hype will pick up, reviews on opening day will begin once again and the site will be back to normal. Now that I graduated from college, I can FINALLY resume planning a trip this year to the park. Being in school full-time really made planning a challenge, especially when your other friends work or go to school too. Plus all the HW really made me miss out on attending SFGAm these past two years, I wish I could have gone to SFGAm so I am hoping to reconnect with the park and become active on this site again :)
Necropolis

Postby Johnska on June 1st, 2016, 4:12 pm
SFGAm World is definitely going down. It's quite sad. However, I'm not leaving anytime soon. It may be a small group, but it's like a family to me.
Johnska

Return to Problems, Questions and Suggestions Forum