Great America
Roller Coasters
Rides
Hurricane Harbor
Water Slides
Water Attractions
Advertisement

2024 Speculation

Talk about anything that has to do with Six Flags Great America and Hurricane Harbor here.
Postby briphotoguy on August 16th, 2023, 9:03 pm
CoasterRiderSC wrote:Does anyone know why the Super Loops are being removed in general? Is it due to that one getting stuck upside down for hours??

I would rather have a windseeker than a skyscreamer if possible. The ones at Cedar Point and Kings Island even play classical music! Pretty cool
Windseekers scare the shit outta me…. They are super tall… 300 feet is a bit too high for swings [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
briphotoguy

Postby coasterfanatic on August 16th, 2023, 11:19 pm
CoasterRiderSC wrote:Does anyone know why the Super Loops are being removed in general? Is it due to that one getting stuck upside down for hours??

I would rather have a windseeker than a skyscreamer if possible. The ones at Cedar Point and Kings Island even play classical music! Pretty cool
They are removing them because they are a terrible ride that should have never been put it.

I rather have the SkyScreamer to be honest. It has more excitement

coasterfanatic

Postby Goku1910 on August 17th, 2023, 10:20 am
coasterfanatic wrote:

They are removing them because they are a terrible ride that should have never been put it.

I rather have the SkyScreamer to be honest. It has more excitement

Edit, I misread this as the wind seeker being removed, not the loops. Sorry.

Which parks have removed the Larson loops?
Goku1910

Postby B&MGuy35 on August 17th, 2023, 12:01 pm
I know for sure Great Adventure removed there’s. There’s a rumor Fiesta Texas might be removing there’s. Not sure if anyone else did

I would think they would keep ours since it’s the world tallest one, but who knows.

Back to what we’re getting though…
I wouldn’t mind a Screaming Swing! We’d be the first in the chain to get one and they are so much fun!!

B&MGuy35

Postby briphotoguy on August 17th, 2023, 12:03 pm
B&MGuy35 wrote:I know for sure Great Adventure removed there’s. There’s a rumor Fiesta Texas might be removing there’s. Not sure if anyone else did

I would think they would keep ours since it’s the world tallest one, but who knows.

I wouldn’t mind a Screaming Swing! We’d be the first in the chain to get one and they are so much fun!!

Has it even opened this year? Either way…. What’s a screaming swing? You know what I wish we’d get…. Hay bayler back or the flying eagles [emoji23]

briphotoguy

Postby B&MGuy35 on August 17th, 2023, 12:06 pm
briphotoguy wrote:
B&MGuy35 wrote:I know for sure Great Adventure removed there’s. There’s a rumor Fiesta Texas might be removing there’s. Not sure if anyone else did

Has it even opened this year? Either way…. What’s a screaming swing? You know what I wish we’d get…. Hay bayler back or the flying eagles [emoji23]

It was open
I rode it a few times this season. I think it only closed because of staff shortages and they wanted to run the water rides more then that.

A Screaming Swing is a S&S product
It’s basically just a powered swing…like swing you did at the park as a kid. But it seats 40 people on each arm and swings to like 200 feet in the air. They are so fun! Cedar point has one along with the Busch Garden parks.

B&MGuy35

Postby briphotoguy on August 17th, 2023, 12:24 pm
B&MGuy35 wrote:
briphotoguy wrote:

It was open
I rode it a few times this season. I think it only closed because of staff shortages and they wanted to run the water rides more then that.

A Screaming Swing is a S&S product
It’s basically just a powered swing…like swing you did at the park as a kid. But it seats 40 people on each arm and swings to like 200 feet in the air. They are so fun! Cedar point has one along with the Busch Garden parks.

Ohh… that thing at cedar point. I rode that, fun indeed. I also liked the giant frisbee too. Max air they call it I believe.

briphotoguy

Postby Goku1910 on August 17th, 2023, 12:57 pm
B&MGuy35 wrote:Back to what we’re getting though…

Yes. Please.

With Seaworld opening the worlds tallest S&S Swing, I'm even more jealous that we don't have one. Such a simple swing is so much fun.

briphotoguy wrote:I also liked the giant frisbee too. Max air they call it I believe.

That's the Discovery Model that's been brought up a few times in this topic. Six Flags has built several of them over the last few years.
"I've been told that some part of every wish will be heard but lately I lost sight of the truth in those words."
Goku1910

Postby coasterfanatic on August 17th, 2023, 1:04 pm
The StupidLoop at Over Georgia was removed as well to make way for the light up kids single rail coaster.

The fact that the park decided to close the loop to keep other stuff open tells you exactly how they feel about that ride…I doubt it ever opens again.

coasterfanatic

Postby CoasterRiderSC on August 17th, 2023, 2:27 pm

YES! A screaming swing would be an awesome addition! Tons of fun and airtime!! I think I might actually prefer that over a giga/giant discovery.
Single Day Ride Count Record

50 rides 8/17/2018 (Without Flash Pass - Coasters After Dark)

---- "Here we go, kids!! Here we go!!"
CoasterRiderSC

Postby B&MGuy35 on August 18th, 2023, 2:16 pm
Todays Teaser…

Is revy leaving for a giant swing?

B&MGuy35

Postby Goku1910 on August 18th, 2023, 2:21 pm
B&MGuy35 wrote:Todays Teaser…

I was actually just talking about how I'd rather have a discovery at Revy than somewhere else.

I'll miss revy, but this would be easy to market as the new revolution, but we all know it's going to be some DC Character in the middle of County Fair.
Goku1910

Postby briphotoguy on August 18th, 2023, 2:30 pm
Goku1910 wrote:
B&MGuy35 wrote:Todays Teaser…

I was actually just talking about how I'd rather have a discovery at Revy than somewhere else.

I'll miss revy, but this would be easy to market as the new revolution, but we all know it's going to be some DC Character in the middle of County Fair.
Ok….. how can we tie into this being a retracked of Eagle from RMC. [emoji23] ultimately this is what I would want. [emoji23]

briphotoguy

Postby coasterfanatic on August 18th, 2023, 2:42 pm
It’s hard to say. We know they try to tease you by making you believe something that’s not really happening.

coasterfanatic

Postby gottastrata33 on August 18th, 2023, 3:12 pm
Bring on the NEW Revolution!
gottastrata33

Postby BCarroll on August 18th, 2023, 4:53 pm
gottastrata33 wrote:Bring on the NEW Revolution!

That just sounds hype! I would love to keep an American theme going for any new ride in County Fair, especially near Eagle.The only think that would stink about a Giant Discovery in DDD's plot would be the way it would mask the view of Eagle's iconic lift. At least with the lattice structure of DDD, there is really not any obstruction. Maybe I'm just overlooking it?

Speaking of the future removal of Hangover, what could realistically replace it? That plot of land has been occupied by flat rides, with skinny, small, footprints its entire existence. My dream would be for the park to rip out Hangover and put the beloved King Chaos back in that plot of land... the King Returns 2025! This would never happen, but a man can dream, right?

With Demon being closed for the heart of the season, there have been rumors of its demise. Selim even said he's cutting maintenance costs by getting rid of "problematic" rides. While Demon is not a nuisance of reliability, it has had lots of repairs and extended downtimes as of late. In 2021 when they painted the station, the entire lift motor was refurbished because it blew. I'm hearing that the closure of Demon this summer might have to do with a similar issue, not just staffing. I would be devastated if Demon bit the dust. If this were to happen, I had another unrealistic dream for the old Arrow's plot of land.

Since Six Flags is rumored to work with Intamin again (possible addition to SFOG), my dream would be to replace Demon with an Intamin Multi-Launch, similar to the new Batman Gotham City Escape at Parque Warner Madrid. Keep the smaller trains to allow for tighter turns and elements. With modifications to Demon's tunnel and the surrounding midway paths, the ride's main launch could take place in Demon's old tunnel area and launch into a top hat where Demon's mid-course brake run is, swooping down to a tight low to the ground turn near Eagle and the service road. The first half of the ride could occupy the area where Demon's lift and drop resides, as well as the old Sky Trail plot of land. Or maybe that could be the new queue/entrance (Sky Trail area). Again, a man can dream, right?

Whatever happens to our park in the future, I hope we can get a STANDOUT roller coaster of some sort. As for 2024, my bet is a Giant Discovery where DDD stands today.
Been to may theme parks, in many countries. However, SFGAm is my home park and I love it!
BCarroll

Postby CoasterRiderSC on August 18th, 2023, 9:35 pm
I was thinking about a Ferris wheel in Super Loop plot! I think one could fit there easily! Give it a Mardi Gras theme (Mardi Gras Wheel or something).

I too hope Demon doesn't leave. I'm also hoping Eagle DOES get replaced!

Iron Eagle: Soaring to New Heights -- either a B&M Giga (the chain's first) or a B&M Hyper Dive Machine (taller than Valravn and Yukon Striker) to celebrate the 50th anniversary in 2026!! They can brag about the world's tallest Dive coaster with the most inversions (5) !

It would be a TSR!!

CoasterRiderSC

Postby gottastrata33 on August 18th, 2023, 11:50 pm
While that sounds nice or have another record breaker & one more coaster over 200ft, I do prefer the smaller dives. However, I wonder who will build the first giga dive. I see that happening. But not here obv.
gottastrata33

Postby Coaster Justin on August 19th, 2023, 2:13 pm
Well since I rode it, How about replace Demon with a Lech Coaster clone?

*It is rumored that SFGAdv is getting a Vekoma Super Boomerang (Don't worry, It's not like a regular Boomerang)

926 Coasters around the World! Countdown to 1000!

http://sfgamworld.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=15272

Runner Up of the 2017 SFGAmWorld Elimination Thread
Coaster Justin

Postby briphotoguy on August 19th, 2023, 2:17 pm
Coaster Justin wrote:Well since I rode it, How about replace Demon with a Lech Coaster clone?

*It is rumored that SFGAdv is getting a Vekoma Super Boomerang (Don't worry, It's not like a regular Boomerang)

This would be nice…. But I doubt we’d see something like this. [emoji383] the chain now likes buying packages.

briphotoguy

Postby CoasterRiderSC on August 19th, 2023, 3:16 pm
gottastrata33 wrote:While that sounds nice or have another record breaker & one more coaster over 200ft, I do prefer the smaller dives. However, I wonder who will build the first giga dive. I see that happening. But not here obv.

I wasn't proposing a giga dive. Something slightly taller than Yukon only. Also I don't see Demon going anywhere since its an entry level looper. Eagle is the logical ride to replace

Almost every Vekoma ride I've been on has been awful: boomerangs, inverted boomerangs, SLC.

Steel Lasso was tolerable.

Please NO Vekoma rides here

CoasterRiderSC

Postby CoasterRiderSC on August 19th, 2023, 3:22 pm
gottastrata33 wrote:While that sounds nice or have another record breaker & one more coaster over 200ft, I do prefer the smaller dives. However, I wonder who will build the first giga dive. I see that happening. But not here obv.

Why do you prefer the smaller dives?

CoasterRiderSC

Postby gottastrata33 on August 19th, 2023, 5:24 pm
CoasterRiderSC wrote:

Why do you prefer the smaller dives?

I know A giga dive wasn't suggested, just randomly thought about it. Would be one hell of an epic drop.

I prefer the smaller dives cause their layouts seem to be less basic. They all seem to do the same thing in the beginning (drop & immelman) but have unique layouts after. I really loved Emperor especially. So I'd love one of them here. But I'm still thinking we're gettin a flat package. Sadly not a coaster but much needed for the park.
gottastrata33

Postby B&MGuy35 on August 19th, 2023, 5:39 pm
CoasterRiderSC wrote:

I wasn't proposing a giga dive. Something slightly taller than Yukon only. Also I don't see Demon going anywhere since its an entry level looper. Eagle is the logical ride to replace

Almost every Vekoma ride I've been on has been awful: boomerangs, inverted boomerangs, SLC.

Steel Lasso was tolerable.

Please NO Vekoma rides here
Have you been in any new Vekoma rides? They are nothing like they used to be and pretty amazing. I would welcome a vekoma coaster here anytime!! The 2 down at Dollywood are so fun!!

B&MGuy35

Postby CoasterRiderSC on August 19th, 2023, 5:57 pm
^^ I haven't been on any of the newest Vekoma's rides (including Dragon Flier and Big Bear).

I still don't see our park buying a Vekoma after it got burned by Deja Vu.

CoasterRiderSC

PreviousNext

Return to Six Flags Great America Forum