Great America
Roller Coasters
Rides
Hurricane Harbor
Water Slides
Water Attractions
Advertisement

2024 Speculation

Talk about anything that has to do with Six Flags Great America and Hurricane Harbor here.
Postby coasterfanatic on August 13th, 2023, 1:28 pm
I’d imagine they are going to use Bucky or DDDs spot first and a dive coaster would not fit in either.

If it’s a dive coaster, you’d likely start seeing land clearing done soon.

My guess is still a SkyScreamer in DDDs spot. It’s really the other thing that can fit there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
coasterfanatic

Postby gottastrata33 on August 13th, 2023, 1:38 pm
briphotoguy wrote:
gottastrata33 wrote:Take to the skies makes me think a Skyscreamer or a zamperla air race. Perhaps a giant/giga discovery. I'm really not seeing a roller coaster coming. Id love to be incorrect & see a dive coaster come as long as it's a custom layout cause I'm loving these smaller dive coasters with unique layouts.

& yes, a Vekoma family boomerang is a great fit for the park as well but I'd love to see a Vekoma Super boomerang come here with a wild layout & "bring back" Déjà Vu! Ugh miss that thing haha!!
God. I hope we never get a dive coaster.. I’m probably the only one in the world that absolutely hates them. I’d rather have some Good Gravy action….

I like them a lot. The vest restraints not so much as the older dives like Oblivion, Sheikra & Griffon seem to deliver a better drop but the newer dives do have fun layouts. I really love Emperor. They're also just fun to watch especially & I think GP wise especially, a dive is very fitting for our lineup. I'm actually shocked we haven't had one yet with B&M. But that was a talked over plan to come & XF came instead according to B&M during the XF media day. At least that's what Claude said to me. Not that it was a solid plan but he said "this (XF) is a better decision" cause it is a new product. Which at the time, I def agreed. But it's interesting to wonder what kind of full layout they discussed. All he told me was that it would have connected over the midway & was even talked about before Bucc Battle. So I assume the BB plot & SWF plot would have been been used.
gottastrata33

Postby briphotoguy on August 13th, 2023, 1:55 pm
gottastrata33 wrote:
briphotoguy wrote:
gottastrata33 wrote:Take to the skies makes me think a Skyscreamer or a zamperla air race. Perhaps a giant/giga discovery. I'm really not seeing a roller coaster coming. Id love to be incorrect & see a dive coaster come as long as it's a custom layout cause I'm loving these smaller dive coasters with unique layouts.

& yes, a Vekoma family boomerang is a great fit for the park as well but I'd love to see a Vekoma Super boomerang come here with a wild layout & "bring back" Déjà Vu! Ugh miss that thing haha!!
God. I hope we never get a dive coaster.. I’m probably the only one in the world that absolutely hates them. I’d rather have some Good Gravy action….

I like them a lot. The vest restraints not so much as the older dives like Oblivion, Sheikra & Griffon seem to deliver a better drop but the newer dives do have fun layouts. I really love Emperor. They're also just fun to watch especially & I think GP wise especially, a dive is very fitting for our lineup. I'm actually shocked we haven't had one yet with B&M. But that was a talked over plan to come & XF came instead according to B&M during the XF media day. At least that's what Claude said to me. Not that it was a solid plan but he said "this (XF) is a better decision" cause it is a new product. Which at the time, I def agreed. But it's interesting to wonder what kind of full layout they discussed. All he told me was that it would have connected over the midway & was even talked about before Bucc Battle. So I assume the BB plot & SWF plot would have been been used.
Yeah. I’ve been on multiple. Just don’t find them thrilling and honestly they all feel the same to me as well. The drop doesn’t do it for me if I want a free fall I’ll ride Giant Drop. I would like to see a family coaster where Demon/BB is. Plenty of room there. Good Gravy is sounding good about now. [emoji23] (note: I don’t know if Demon is still up but from what I heard it has not ran since beginning of July) Ultimately we are most likely not getting a coaster though but one can dream.

briphotoguy

Postby CoasterRiderSC on August 14th, 2023, 8:26 am
briphotoguy wrote:
Goku1910 wrote:They need to do something about Eagle. It cannot even run both sides at the same time anymore.
Goku1910 wrote:They need to do something about Eagle. It cannot even run both sides at the same time anymore.
Intamin it! Just like RMC but Intamin! [emoji23]

Eagle is already an Intamin lol!
Single Day Ride Count Record

50 rides 8/17/2018 (Without Flash Pass - Coasters After Dark)

---- "Here we go, kids!! Here we go!!"
CoasterRiderSC

Postby briphotoguy on August 14th, 2023, 8:28 am
CoasterRiderSC wrote:
briphotoguy wrote:
Intamin it! Just like RMC but Intamin! [emoji23]

Eagle is already an Intamin lol!
[emoji4] then it will be easy

briphotoguy

Postby Goku1910 on August 14th, 2023, 9:17 am
briphotoguy wrote:Yeah. I’ve been on multiple. Just don’t find them thrilling and honestly they all feel the same to me as well. The drop doesn’t do it for me if I want a free fall I’ll ride Giant Drop. I would like to see a family coaster where Demon/BB is. Plenty of room there. Good Gravy is sounding good about now. [emoji23] (note: I don’t know if Demon is still up but from what I heard it has not ran since beginning of July) Ultimately we are most likely not getting a coaster though but one can dream.

I agree with the others, Dive would be perfect for Demon's plot of land. It's huge if you include the unused area where Sky Trail used to be. If I had to speculate that's where the Entrance and Queue would be.

I've played with the area a little bit in NL2 to see how it would fit and came up with some ideas, but if they modify the pathway from SWT/County Fair you could easily have the Dive interaction there.
"I've been told that some part of every wish will be heard but lately I lost sight of the truth in those words."
Goku1910

Postby CoasterRiderSC on August 14th, 2023, 10:11 pm
Goku1910 wrote:
briphotoguy wrote:Yeah. I’ve been on multiple. Just don’t find them thrilling and honestly they all feel the same to me as well. The drop doesn’t do it for me if I want a free fall I’ll ride Giant Drop. I would like to see a family coaster where Demon/BB is. Plenty of room there. Good Gravy is sounding good about now. [emoji23] (note: I don’t know if Demon is still up but from what I heard it has not ran since beginning of July) Ultimately we are most likely not getting a coaster though but one can dream.

I agree with the others, Dive would be perfect for Demon's plot of land. It's huge if you include the unused area where Sky Trail used to be. If I had to speculate that's where the Entrance and Queue would be.

I've played with the area a little bit in NL2 to see how it would fit and came up with some ideas, but if they modify the pathway from SWT/County Fair you could easily have the Dive interaction there.

A B&M dive coaster would be sweet! Perhaps it could have some interaction with X-Flight ?

CoasterRiderSC

Postby coasterfanatic on August 15th, 2023, 2:50 pm

Saw this on Facebook. I’m sticking with my SkyScreamer for 2024. It fits nicely in Dare Devils spot. Also likely means Dare Devil Spots will be the area used for 2024!

coasterfanatic

Postby briphotoguy on August 15th, 2023, 2:51 pm
coasterfanatic wrote:Image

Saw this on Facebook. I’m sticking with my SkyScreamer for 2024. It fits nicely in Dare Devils spot. Also likely means Dare Devil Spots will be the area used for 2024!

Does the days on strike number change or is that going to be 172 feet?

briphotoguy

Postby coasterfanatic on August 15th, 2023, 2:53 pm
briphotoguy wrote:

No idea. I just saw this on Facebook today. I doubt it changes. I’m assuming that’s a clue to the height.

I don’t think the swinging pendulum ride would fit there hence why I’m saying SkyScreamer. Plus with the raised platform, they can have the final height be taller than they actually need to build it.

coasterfanatic

Postby Goku1910 on August 15th, 2023, 2:59 pm
I don't know, 172 feet makes for a really small Sky Screamer and the elevated platform would most likely need to be removed to make room for a tower ride's foundation.
"I've been told that some part of every wish will be heard but lately I lost sight of the truth in those words."
Goku1910

Postby coasterfanatic on August 15th, 2023, 3:04 pm
Well the swinging pendulum certainly wouldn’t fit there nor would it make sense to put it there when you have Revolution right there as well.

So perhaps it’s something totally different then.

coasterfanatic

Postby briphotoguy on August 15th, 2023, 3:05 pm
coasterfanatic wrote:
briphotoguy wrote:

No idea. I just saw this on Facebook today. I doubt it changes. I’m assuming that’s a clue to the height.

I don’t think the swinging pendulum ride would fit there hence why I’m saying SkyScreamer. Plus with the raised platform, they can have the final height be taller than they actually need to build it.

Another thing….. Lightning bolt, and strike could be hint towards name/theme

briphotoguy

Postby coasterfanatic on August 15th, 2023, 3:08 pm
It certainly does. And 148 feet is smallest SkyScreamer the chain. Our park is not known for building super tall rides. Only 3 rides eclipse 200 feet.

There’s not a lot of clearance there for rides that swing outward (like the pendulum or the Skyhawk type swing rides) in that area.

SkyScreamer makes the most logical sense for that area.

What other flats would make sense for “take to the skies”

coasterfanatic

Postby Revi on August 15th, 2023, 4:04 pm
How tall is the Giga Discovery?
— TECH DATA —
TECHNICAL DATA SPECIFICS order
Max pendulum Swing speed 10.2 rpm 10
Max height in operation 52,5 (172'3") 3
Main axle height 30m (98' 52") 2
Light power On request 12

Ill leave this here...

Giant Giga Discovery... Max Height... 172...
Revi

Postby Goku1910 on August 15th, 2023, 4:06 pm
Possible at battle's area maybe, if it was set to replace Revolution at County Fair it would require the area to be reconfigured completely.
Goku1910

Postby briphotoguy on August 15th, 2023, 7:02 pm
Anyone know if Dare Devil Dive opened at all this year? Or what was the last year they used it? Haven’t been to the park since my one ride on Max Forrrrce a couple years back.

briphotoguy

Postby B&MGuy35 on August 15th, 2023, 7:39 pm
briphotoguy wrote:Anyone know if Dare Devil Dive opened at all this year? Or what was the last year they used it? Haven’t been to the park since my one ride on Max Forrrrce a couple years back.

It’s been closed and removed from the park’s website. Here’s me going out on a limb….

Dive coaster 172ft first drop in that area. Kidzopolis rides are relocated to camp cartoon. And that area is also redone for 2024.

Whole area is reconfigured along with Eagle’s entrance

B&MGuy35

Postby briphotoguy on August 15th, 2023, 7:44 pm
B&MGuy35 wrote:
briphotoguy wrote:Anyone know if Dare Devil Dive opened at all this year? Or what was the last year they used it? Haven’t been to the park since my one ride on Max Forrrrce a couple years back.

It’s been closed and removed from the park’s website. Here’s me going out on a limb….

Dive coaster 172ft first drop in that area. Kidzopolis rides are relocated to camp cartoon. And that area is also redone for 2024.

Whole area is reconfigured along with Eagle’s entrance

I don’t think we’d get another coaster yet though… [emoji2369] I feel like if it was a coaster they’d be more teasers of a bigger build up. My assumption is that they will announce end of this month and promote Labor Day special with fright fest.

briphotoguy

Postby CoasterRiderSC on August 15th, 2023, 11:05 pm
Here's a 2026 prediction: Iron Eagle: Soaring to New Heights!!

Eagle is removed and replaced by a B&M Giga or B&M Dive (> 200 feet) with the name above!

Will be a HUGE way to celebrate the 50th anniversary of the park!

CoasterRiderSC

Postby SFGAM__man on August 16th, 2023, 1:29 am
The Vekoma Super Boomerang (that at this point has pretty much confirmed for SFGAdv) is exactly 172 feet tall.
https://www.vekoma.com/sitdown-thrill-c ... -boomerang

Possibly bought two of them?
SFGAM__man

Postby briphotoguy on August 16th, 2023, 1:36 am
SFGAM__man wrote:The Vekoma Super Boomerang (that at this point has pretty much confirmed for SFGAdv) is exactly 172 feet tall.

I mean… they have bought ride packages in the past, I know these are one train ops. I wonder what the capacity is on these.

briphotoguy

Postby briphotoguy on August 16th, 2023, 1:37 am
briphotoguy wrote:
SFGAM__man wrote:The Vekoma Super Boomerang (that at this point has pretty much confirmed for SFGAdv) is exactly 172 feet tall.

I mean… they have bought ride packages in the past, I know these are one train ops. I wonder what the capacity is on these.

800/hour. It’s on the site [emoji2357]

briphotoguy

Postby SFGAM__man on August 16th, 2023, 1:45 am
I don't know for sure but if its the Super Boomerang it would be a bizarre mix of V2 and Maxx Force, with it trying to do both but not being as good at what its trying to do as either ride. And if its a giga discovery you'd basically have a giant version of Revolution right next to Revolution (unless they take it out of course). So either one would be kind of a silly addition.
Also the advertised capacity for every ride on every manufacturers website cannot be taken seriously as it assumes every seat is full with every dispatch interval hit, which will never happen.

I say just bring DejaVu back...the "Super Boomerang" does not look nearly as fun as our old Giant Inverted Boomerang was :)
SFGAM__man

Postby briphotoguy on August 16th, 2023, 1:49 am
SFGAM__man wrote:I don't know for sure but if its the Super Boomerang it would be a bizarre mix of V2 and Maxx Force, with it trying to do both but being as good at what its trying to do as either ride. And if its a giga discovery you'd basically have a giant version of Revolution right next to Revolution (unless they take it out of course). So either one would be kind of a silly addition.

I say just bring DejaVu back...the "Super Boomerang" does not look nearly as fun as our old Giant Inverted Boomerang was :)
This last part best comment on the site. Bring Deja Vu back. Hands down my most favorite ride in the park. The ride it self if it’s a copy of the one in the other park looks interesting but nothing to write home about but….. it’s more along the lines of Good Gravy so I’m good with it [emoji23]

briphotoguy

PreviousNext

Return to Six Flags Great America Forum