Great America
Roller Coasters
Rides
Hurricane Harbor
Water Slides
Water Attractions
Advertisement

New CEO Big MOve - Pass & Membership Restructuring

Talk about anything that has to do with Six Flags Great America and Hurricane Harbor here.
Postby Muck Finnesota on November 2nd, 2023, 8:24 am
Wow. Quite the news to wake up to. Assuming this doesn't get shot down by regulators, I have a bad feeling about this.
Keep Eurofighters in Europe
Muck Finnesota

Postby Goku1910 on November 2nd, 2023, 8:29 am
Disney/Fox was allowed to happen. Don't have any hope on U.S. Regulators stopping this.
Goku1910

Postby ernstwhere on November 2nd, 2023, 9:06 am
This doesn't sound bad...

By uniting Cedar Fair and Six Flags’ complementary operating capabilities, the combined company will benefit from a more robust operating platform for improved park offerings and more efficient systemwide performance. The companies expect to leverage Cedar Fair’s recent park investment experience to accelerate the transformation underway across Six Flags’ portfolio. Cedar Fair and Six Flags will seek to create a more engaging and immersive guest experience. The combined company will also offer expanded park access to season pass holders along with an enhanced, combined loyalty program featuring additional perks.
ernstwhere

Postby coasterfanatic on November 2nd, 2023, 9:07 am
It will get an approved. Both companies are only regional. They never were really in direct competition in the same markets.

The CF CEO takes over and Salim becomes Chairman of the Board! The company will operate under Sox Flags name.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
coasterfanatic

Postby great america fan on November 2nd, 2023, 9:14 am
coasterfanatic wrote:It will get an approved. Both companies are only regional. They never were really in direct competition in the same markets.

I agree, I have a feeling the new company will be influenced a lot more by Six Flags' culture than Cedar Fair's. The preliminary plan reminds me of the Daimler-Chrysler merger of equals... I don't have a good feeling for its success.
great america fan

Postby Coaster Justin on November 2nd, 2023, 1:44 pm
This hasn't been as good of news since Premier Parks bought Six Flags
926 Coasters around the World! Countdown to 1000!

http://sfgamworld.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=15272

Runner Up of the 2017 SFGAmWorld Elimination Thread
Coaster Justin

Postby coasterfanatic on November 2nd, 2023, 1:47 pm
great america fan wrote:
coasterfanatic wrote:It will get an approved. Both companies are only regional. They never were really in direct competition in the same markets.

I agree, I have a feeling the new company will be influenced a lot more by Six Flags' culture than Cedar Fair's. The preliminary plan reminds me of the Daimler-Chrysler merger of equals... I don't have a good feeling for its success.
I disagree because Salim is not CEO.

And no chance the season passes will continue to be dirt cheap. Better food, and nicer looking parks will be coming to Six Flags parks. And expect Peanuts themed kids areas too. (Which would be welcome to retheme Camp Cartoon to Peanuts!

coasterfanatic

Postby Goku1910 on November 4th, 2023, 2:19 pm
coasterfanatic wrote:
great america fan wrote:

I disagree because Salim is not CEO.

And no chance the season passes will continue to be dirt cheap. Better food, and nicer looking parks will be coming to Six Flags parks. And expect Peanuts themed kids areas too. (Which would be welcome to retheme Camp Cartoon to Peanuts!

Not to mention CF gets majority control of the company.
"I've been told that some part of every wish will be heard but lately I lost sight of the truth in those words."
Goku1910

Postby Sven18 on November 4th, 2023, 3:46 pm
Selim is a figurehead. Everyone know he doesn't have any idea how to run things. His time at SF has proven that in spades. Selim at the conf call sounded incoherent often and went off into his silly anecdotal stories twice. Meanwhile, Zimmerman(CEO) And Witherow (CFO), both Cedar Fair people were an well oiled machine with coherent and concise answers. Cedar Fair is stacked with people with decades of experience, SF is stacked with people with no experience in the industry , we have seen how that has turned out. They regressed Sf to 2017 revenue & income levels the last 2 years, while Cedar Fair and SEAS produced record levels in revenue & income in FY 2022 are essentially matching that in FY2023, despite the notion consumers are struggling and are tapped out.
Sven18

Postby JackGlass on November 4th, 2023, 7:42 pm
Selim was trying to charge Cedar Fair prices, without Cedar Fair quality.
JackGlass

Postby Goku1910 on November 4th, 2023, 8:53 pm
I know the process will be slow but the major changes I want to start seeing in the coming years involve ride maintenance, park ambiance, and Restaurant quality.

I tried the New BBQ in Yukon and it was quite good, but the stage area with the bar was left unused, shocker.

I'm honestly tired of bathrooms looking like they're falling apart, fences leaning over, slanted lamp poles, old buildings left unused or turned into empty shells with some game machines, and Fright Fest Haunted Houses left in place all year round. It just comes off lazy.

As bad as Kidzopolis is, having half of it walled off all year makes it even worse.
Goku1910

Postby coasterfanatic on November 4th, 2023, 8:56 pm
Goku1910 wrote:I know the process will be slow but the major changes I want to start seeing in the coming years involve ride maintenance, park ambiance, and Restaurant quality.

I tried the New BBQ in Yukon and it was quite good, but the stage area with the bar was left unused, shocker.

I'm honestly tired of bathrooms looking like they're falling apart, fences leaning over, slanted lamp poles, old buildings left unused or turned into empty shells with some game machines, and Fright Fest Haunted Houses left in place all year round. It just comes off lazy.

As bad as Kidzopolis is, having half of it walled off all year makes it even worse.
Oh agreed. They have been working on the bathrooms bit by bit.

I imagine the new Six Flags will lean into Peanuts to retheme Kidzopolis or Camp Cartoon at some point.

coasterfanatic

Postby Goku1910 on November 5th, 2023, 11:19 am
Peanuts for one, looney tunes for the other. I don't want to see Looney Tunes disappear completely.

DC is 100% overused so a reduction in that would be great.....
Goku1910

Postby JackGlass on November 5th, 2023, 8:30 pm
If they demolish Wilderness theater along with this section of the picnic grove. They could make an amazing kids area.
Attachments
planet snoopy.jpg
JackGlass

Postby CoasterRiderSC on November 6th, 2023, 8:19 pm
Goku1910 wrote:I know the process will be slow but the major changes I want to start seeing in the coming years involve ride maintenance, park ambiance, and Restaurant quality.

Very excellent points!! Make Great America Great Again!!
Single Day Ride Count Record

50 rides 8/17/2018 (Without Flash Pass - Coasters After Dark)

---- "Here we go, kids!! Here we go!!"
CoasterRiderSC

Postby JackGlass on November 6th, 2023, 8:59 pm
If capex is 10% of revenue. That would be $340 million a year to spend on rides, infrastructure, hotels, etc. Cedar Fair can do wonders with that type of budget and their style of park management. Zimmerman can produce organic growth with park beautification, high quality rides and an excellent guest experience that Six Flags leadership has failed to produce
JackGlass

Postby Sven18 on November 7th, 2023, 3:47 pm
JackGlass wrote:If capex is 10% of revenue. That would be $340 million a year to spend on rides, infrastructure, hotels, etc. Cedar Fair can do wonders with that type of budget and their style of park management. Zimmerman can produce organic growth with park beautification, high quality rides and an excellent guest experience that Six Flags leadership has failed to produce

Not quiet that simple, the key to Cedar Fair and why they could do what they do & have higher quality aesthetic parks, food/restaurants, etc...is that they didn't have too many parks. One of SF's many problem besides poor management, is that they were trying to take care of 15 parks, 12 waterparks on less Capex than Cedar Fair. Once this merger goes thru priority with the first 1 or 2 years is to get rid of low revenue parks with also low margin. ie...EPR lease parks, Great Escape, LaRonde. America are the most obvious.
Sven18

Postby JackGlass on November 8th, 2023, 5:24 am
Sven18 wrote:
JackGlass wrote:If capex is 10% of revenue. That would be $340 million a year to spend on rides, infrastructure, hotels, etc. Cedar Fair can do wonders with that type of budget and their style of park management. Zimmerman can produce organic growth with park beautification, high quality rides and an excellent guest experience that Six Flags leadership has failed to produce

Not quiet that simple, the key to Cedar Fair and why they could do what they do & have higher quality aesthetic parks, food/restaurants, etc...is that they didn't have too many parks. One of SF's many problem besides poor management, is that they were trying to take care of 15 parks, 12 waterparks on less Capex than Cedar Fair. Once this merger goes thru priority with the first 1 or 2 years is to get rid of low revenue parks with also low margin. ie...EPR lease parks, Great Escape, LaRonde. America are the most obvious.

Yeah Six Flags did corky things like those EPR leases to give the illusion that revenue was going up when in reality their legacy parks were having little to no organic growth. I'll be more than happy if Cedar Fair gets rid of those parks.
JackGlass

Previous

Return to Six Flags Great America Forum