Great America
Roller Coasters
Rides
Hurricane Harbor
Water Slides
Water Attractions
Advertisement

Minor Updates, Rumors, and Happenings

Talk about anything that has to do with Six Flags Great America and Hurricane Harbor here.
Postby Blue_Toad_Coasters on April 15th, 2024, 1:04 am
Goku1910 wrote:Wheelgap has flown over again and it looks like the Main Entrance is getting more work than we initially thought. Looks like we're getting an actual building, maybe similar to Great Adventure's?

I'm a bit mixed on Fencing off the Entrance, but overall I think it'll be a good thing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=el1EcmHxCI4

In the video, he mentions SFGAm building something next to Revvy's old operations booth. Does anybody else think that it might just be the remains of the container that something was in?
Blue_Toad_Coasters

Postby MrsTaxi on April 15th, 2024, 10:20 pm
Blue_Toad_Coasters wrote:
Goku1910 wrote:Wheelgap has flown over again and it looks like the Main Entrance is getting more work than we initially thought. Looks like we're getting an actual building, maybe similar to Great Adventure's?

I'm a bit mixed on Fencing off the Entrance, but overall I think it'll be a good thing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=el1EcmHxCI4

In the video, he mentions SFGAm building something next to Revvy's old operations booth. Does anybody else think that it might just be the remains of the container that something was in?

The merry go round?
MrsTaxi

Postby Dan The Coaster Man on April 16th, 2024, 3:53 pm
Goku1910 wrote:I'm a bit mixed on Fencing off the Entrance, but overall I think it'll be a good thing.

Same. Doesn't this fence block off the ticket booths? They could be adding new ones elsewhere. Then again, you can get tickets on the other side at guest services. And it looks like this fence will cut off the only bathrooms available from outside the park...
Sucker for a launch, custom audio and Viper | Coaster Count: 507
Dan The Coaster Man

Postby Goku1910 on April 16th, 2024, 3:56 pm
Yes but this would be consistent with how King's Island operates. Everyone is checked by metal detectors before getting access to guest services/tickets. I should also point out this fence would cut off Guest services and bathrooms as well.

Maybe it's a safety thing.

This also assumes that the new building or whatever it is they're doing will eventually have the metal detectors moved there.
Goku1910

Postby CoasterRiderSC on April 16th, 2024, 10:08 pm
Whatever they're doing to the front of the park they MUST bring back all the U.S. Flags!!! It would be VERY disappointing if they don't. I went to 4 parks (new to me) last year and 3 of them not only have flags but started the day with the National Anthem!

Silver Dollar City
Busch Gardens Tampa
Worlds of Fun

I would LOVE if our park followed suit and did that!
Single Day Ride Count Record

50 rides 8/17/2018 (Without Flash Pass - Coasters After Dark)

---- "Here we go, kids!! Here we go!!"
CoasterRiderSC

Postby Dan The Coaster Man on April 17th, 2024, 6:48 pm
Goku1910 wrote:Maybe it's a safety thing.

Probably a few reasons why they are doing everything they are doing. I'm sure one of them is some kind of counter to the events that have gone on the last season or two.
Dan The Coaster Man

Postby Dan The Coaster Man on April 17th, 2024, 6:50 pm
CoasterRiderSC wrote:Whatever they're doing to the front of the park they MUST bring back all the U.S. Flags!!! It would be VERY disappointing if they don't. I went to 4 parks (new to me) last year and 3 of them not only have flags but started the day with the National Anthem!

Silver Dollar City
Busch Gardens Tampa
Worlds of Fun

I would LOVE if our park followed suit and did that!

SFGAm definitely did this fairly recently. Can't recall if they did the anthem last season specifically, but I'm fairly confident they still did it sometime after the pandemic
Dan The Coaster Man

Postby Blue_Toad_Coasters on April 18th, 2024, 4:14 pm
The Junkies have reported on food updates this season. All credit goes to them, but here are the changes:

- Some new nacho options at Macho Nacho.
- Additional options at Chop Six.
- LA Grill is now on the Dining Pass!
- You can now select your side at Yukon BBQ Pit!!

What do you guys think of these changes? Also, I've only eaten at Strutters so far at SFGAm so I am curious to know what places you guys recommend besides Yukon BBQ Pit. (I already plan on trying Windy City Sports Bar and Grill too.)
Blue_Toad_Coasters

Postby coasterfanatic on April 18th, 2024, 4:21 pm
Blue_Toad_Coasters wrote:The Junkies have reported on food updates this season. All credit goes to them, but here are the changes:

What do you guys think of these changes? Also, I've only eaten at Strutters so far at SFGAm so I am curious to know what places you guys recommend besides Yukon BBQ Pit. (I already plan on trying Windy City Sports Bar and Grill too.)
Mijos is also on the dining pass. Mijos is the best food in the park. Yukon is probably next.

Macho Nacho is an upgrade for any of the other nachos/JBs old nachos.

Everything else is the same recycled frozen prepared crap

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
coasterfanatic

Postby CoasterRiderSC on April 18th, 2024, 9:09 pm
Blue_Toad_Coasters wrote:The Junkies have reported on food updates this season. All credit goes to them, but here are the changes:

I've liked the beef and broccoli at Chop Six! I would NOT ever order pizza anywhere as it's like Tombstone quality!

CoasterRiderSC

Postby Sven18 on April 19th, 2024, 9:11 am
coasterfanatic wrote:

Mijos is also on the dining pass. Mijos is the best food in the park. Yukon is probably next.

Mijos is on dining pass essentially replacing Macho Nacho. Last year they took the tacos from Macho Nacho & all was left was nachos. Replacement & upgrade in my opinion.

Mijos(chicken al pastor tacos) & Yukon BBQ(any of 3 pulled meat sandwiches) will be my go to places.

don't know if you noticed,if you go to the website and click restaurants & dining, there are links to pdf files of all the meal & snack options with the dining pass.
Sven18

Postby Coaster Justin on April 19th, 2024, 3:50 pm

Where did you read this? I don't see Macho Nacho listed on the Meals or any mention of Yukon BBQ Pit sides
Also I don't see Windy City Listed either
926 Coasters around the World! Countdown to 1000!

http://sfgamworld.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=15272

Runner Up of the 2017 SFGAmWorld Elimination Thread
Coaster Justin

Postby coasterfanatic on April 19th, 2024, 3:55 pm
Coaster Justin wrote:

Where did you read this? I don't see Macho Nacho listed on the Meals or any mention of Yukon BBQ Pit sides
Also I don't see Windy City Listed either
There’s some stuff not listed on the guide but are listed on the menu boards.

I imagine Windy City will be like Yukon and not open til very late in the year.

coasterfanatic

Postby Blue_Toad_Coasters on April 19th, 2024, 8:23 pm
coasterfanatic wrote:

Wait, so does this mean that those nachos that everybody has been raving about (but I never got to try) are here to stay?
Blue_Toad_Coasters

Postby coasterfanatic on April 20th, 2024, 12:18 pm
Reports from opening day today indicate that MaxxForce is running two trains.

coasterfanatic

Postby briphotoguy on April 20th, 2024, 12:19 pm
coasterfanatic wrote:Reports from opening day today indicate that MaxxForce is running two trains.

If I can get up there today. I want to… haven’t been since max force has opened. Went on it one time. Not sure if I’ll be able to sneak out today though. Looking at the app, park doesn’t look too busy.

briphotoguy

Postby coasterfanatic on April 20th, 2024, 12:21 pm
briphotoguy wrote:
coasterfanatic wrote:Reports from opening day today indicate that MaxxForce is running two trains.

If I can get up there today. I want to… haven’t been since max force has opened. Went on it one time. Not sure if I’ll be able to sneak out today though. Looking at the app, park doesn’t look too busy.

The park won’t be “busy” for a while. Early season is never busy, just some stuff is closed and the other stuff running at reduced capacity.

coasterfanatic

Postby Goku1910 on April 20th, 2024, 4:31 pm

Found picture proof on reddit. This is confirmed. Only been since 2021. Guess S&S sorted the issues out?

Some other updates from wheelgap:
-Speedy Parking doesn't seem to be implemented yet.
-Joker now only loads/unloads one train at a time, but still running four. No more single rider line here either, despite having the queue rails specifically for it.
-STT now plays the Great America Theme song, I haven't been on STT in years so this is new to me.
-X-Flight has it's theme music back.
-The Sky Striker supports on-site now have their light strips installed, previous pictures showed supports only.

Video here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wyS5dYWk3XI
Goku1910

Postby Blue_Toad_Coasters on April 20th, 2024, 6:54 pm
Goku1910 wrote:

Found picture proof on reddit. This is confirmed. Only been since 2021. Guess S&S sorted the issues out?

-Joker now only loads/unloads one train at a time, but still running four. No more single rider line here either, despite having the queue rails specifically for it.
-STT now plays the Great America Theme song, I haven't been on STT in years so this is new to me.

-The Sky Striker supports on-site now have their light strips installed, previous pictures showed supports only.

Darn it! I put in my license plate information in just last night so that I could go through Speedy Parking. Oh well, there's always the back way. I remember that STT played the theme song last year when I rode it. Never heard X-Flight's theme, but I'm not complaining that it's got one. Just the cherry on top to an already all-star coaster. I am bummed out that Joker isn't running at maximum capacity though since I plan to ride that for the first time when I visit tomorrow. (By the way, does anybody think it's a good idea to go when it's this cold out? Everybody I know seems to be against the idea but I have no problem with it.) Oh well, I guess I'll wait until the weather gets warmer if the line is ridiculously long for Joker.
Last edited by Blue_Toad_Coasters on April 20th, 2024, 7:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Blue_Toad_Coasters

Postby coasterfanatic on April 20th, 2024, 6:56 pm
Goku1910 wrote:

Single riders lanes have been eliminated company wide.

Speedy Parking has rarely worked since being implanted last year.

coasterfanatic

Postby Blue_Toad_Coasters on April 20th, 2024, 7:29 pm
coasterfanatic wrote:
Goku1910 wrote:

Single riders lanes have been eliminated company wide.

Speedy Parking has rarely worked since being implanted last year.

Thank goodness I didn't buy Speedy Parking separately then! :lol:
Blue_Toad_Coasters

Postby CoasterRiderSC on April 21st, 2024, 9:14 am
It was not very crowded yesterday. But many rides were single trains (X-Flight, Superman, Raging Bull at the very beginning). Other rides were closed - Eagle, V2, Train.

Condor WAS open! Giant Drop was open but running 5 gondolas (one was completely removed from tower - not parked at top). No line at Giant Drop so I rode I rode it 7x, hitting every gondola at least once!

AVOID Superman at all costs! The one train operation plus some team training resulted in a 70 minute wait! I was in line on the straight part of the line (near the signs).

Demon was running 2 trains and was walk on when I hit in early in the day.

Goliath operations was slow as well. I think operations will improve since it was only the first day.

Maxx did have the 2 trains but it was slow too . Sky Trek got stuck several times when I was in line for Maxx! I was gonna ride it since it's been closed all the time for last 2-3 years.

Overall it was a good day though! I got 24 rides in total for the day.

CoasterRiderSC

Postby coasterfanatic on April 21st, 2024, 9:30 am
CoasterRiderSC wrote:It was not very crowded yesterday. But many rides were single trains (X-Flight, Superman, Raging Bull at the very beginning). Other rides were closed - Eagle, V2, Train.

Condor WAS open! Giant Drop was open but running 5 gondolas (one was completely removed from tower - not parked at top). No line at Giant Drop so I rode I rode it 7x, hitting every gondola at least once!

AVOID Superman at all costs! The one train operation plus some team training resulted in a 70 minute wait! I was in line on the straight part of the line (near the signs).

Demon was running 2 trains and was walk on when I hit in early in the day.

Goliath operations was slow as well. I think operations will improve since it was only the first day.

Maxx did have the 2 trains but it was slow too . Sky Trek got stuck several times when I was in line for Maxx! I was gonna ride it since it's been closed all the time for last 2-3 years.

Overall it was a good day though! I got 24 rides in total for the day.
It’s pretty common now for X Flight and Superman to only have a single train at the start of the season.

Eagle will be closed until construction on Sky Striker is complete.

The train historically doesn’t open til around Memorial Day.

Sky Trek Tower was open for a most of last year. I believe it was scheduled to close at 2pm everyday though. (It seemed to sometimes stay open later depending on staffing)

coasterfanatic

Postby CoasterRiderSC on April 21st, 2024, 9:43 am
^^ Yes I knew Eagle would be closed until Striker is up and running.

The front bathrooms are closed (probably due to that new path being installed?)

It seems to me Sky Trek almost never ran last year! The excuse was wind or just listed as Not Available.

Why have a ride that runs almost never?

CoasterRiderSC

Postby Coaster Justin on April 21st, 2024, 11:48 am
Lobster is also down due to Maintenance/Off Season stuff
926 Coasters around the World! Countdown to 1000!

http://sfgamworld.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=15272

Runner Up of the 2017 SFGAmWorld Elimination Thread
Coaster Justin

PreviousNext

Return to Six Flags Great America Forum