Great America
Roller Coasters
Rides
Hurricane Harbor
Water Slides
Water Attractions
Advertisement

Minor Updates, Rumors, and Happenings

Talk about anything that has to do with Six Flags Great America and Hurricane Harbor here.
Postby gottastrata33 on October 7th, 2023, 5:22 pm
LOL NO! That plot is seriously doomed. Idc what anyone says, Hangover fits the plot great & has a fantastic name. I'll be sad to see it go. Just cause it's not everyone's go to ride, doesn't mean it wasn't a GP crowd pleaser. Everyone rides these things. I seriously Love that name so much haha. So sad & I'm shocked they would asked RMC/Larson to fix it up since they're partnered now.
gottastrata33

Postby CoasterRiderSC on October 7th, 2023, 5:24 pm
How about a giant Ferris wheel where super loop is??? Mardi Gras Wheel? Orleans Orbit??
Single Day Ride Count Record

50 rides 8/17/2018 (Without Flash Pass - Coasters After Dark)

---- "Here we go, kids!! Here we go!!"
CoasterRiderSC

Postby coasterfanatic on October 7th, 2023, 5:28 pm
gottastrata33 wrote:LOL NO! That plot is seriously doomed. Idc what anyone says, Hangover fits the plot great & has a fantastic name. I'll be sad to see it go. Just cause it's not everyone's go to ride, doesn't mean it wasn't a GP crowd pleaser. Everyone rides these things. I seriously Love that name so much haha. So sad & I'm shocked they would asked RMC/Larson to fix it up since they're partnered now.
If it was popular, they wouldn’t be removing them at other Six Flags parks. And it’s literally always one of the first rides cut on days when they have staffing issues. It’s only open for FF for its last spins.

It’s a carnival ride. Good riddance. It can’t roll away fast enough.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
coasterfanatic

Postby CoasterRiderSC on October 7th, 2023, 5:31 pm
coasterfanatic wrote:
gottastrata33 wrote:LOL NO! That plot is seriously doomed. Idc what anyone says, Hangover fits the plot great & has a fantastic name. I'll be sad to see it go. Just cause it's not everyone's go to ride, doesn't mean it wasn't a GP crowd pleaser. Everyone rides these things. I seriously Love that name so much haha. So sad & I'm shocked they would asked RMC/Larson to fix it up since they're partnered now.
If it was popular, they wouldn’t be removing them at other Six Flags parks. And it’s literally always one of the first rides cut on days when they have staffing issues. It’s only open for FF for its last spins.

Coasterfanatic - I agree with you! I only ride it if line is very short.

Gottastrata - don't worry ! It will join Deja Vu in Idaho :)

CoasterRiderSC

Postby coasterfanatic on October 7th, 2023, 5:33 pm
CoasterRiderSC wrote:
coasterfanatic wrote:

Coasterfanatic - I agree with you! I only ride it if line is very short.

Gottastrata - don't worry ! It will join Deja Vu in Idaho :)
I rode it twice.

Once because I can’t judge a ride until I’ve rode it. And once yesterday since it’s leaving.

It was the most boring ride I’ve ever been on. I’d rather they bring back Jesters.

coasterfanatic

Postby CoasterRiderSC on October 7th, 2023, 5:37 pm
I'd actually welcome a dizzy disk here! Those are fun and don't have large footprints!

The thing I dread about Revo-LOSE-ion is that you're facing inwards. It's suffocating on a warm day!

CoasterRiderSC

Postby staticshadows on October 8th, 2023, 12:41 pm
Move Condor to Revolution's location and then expand DC Universe out to Superman with a couple of new flat rides.
staticshadows

Postby coasterfanatic on October 8th, 2023, 12:43 pm
staticshadows wrote:Move Condor to Revolution's location and then expand DC Universe out to Superman with a couple of new flat rides.
Let’s not. They’ve already destroyed enough of the original theming with all the DC stuff. We don’t need any more.

coasterfanatic

Postby gottastrata33 on October 9th, 2023, 2:00 am
Again, I love the name & I do Like the way it looks in the park. I also like how out of so many parks that have them, we are one of two parks that have that sized one.

Honestly, replace it with an Intamin Halfpipe. It will have the same capacity & rack up a cheap coaster addition. ;) I'm waiting for them to extend DC into there all the way to Superman. Call it "Harleys Halfpipe". Done. Cause that little gap don't make much sense.
gottastrata33

Postby Tardis1972 on October 11th, 2023, 2:43 pm
Screamscape thinks it’s only MGH that’s closing. The 2004 is probably referring to the year King Chaos opened.
Tardis1972

Postby gottastrata33 on October 12th, 2023, 6:03 am
Yeah but five rides opened in 2004 & while King Chaos was in fact one of them, Revolution was too. It was the only ride that opened outside of Mardi Gras. The other three were Ragin' Cajun, Big Easy Balloons & Jesters Wild Ride. Which now writing that out will be insane as Big Easy will be the sole survivor from that time.
gottastrata33

Postby Goku1910 on October 12th, 2023, 10:58 am
I would love to have an S&S Screamin' Swing for Revi's Area, Amazingly simple and fun.

Not to mention it has a high capacity.
"I've been told that some part of every wish will be heard but lately I lost sight of the truth in those words."
Goku1910

Postby CoasterRiderSC on October 12th, 2023, 11:11 am
Goku1910 wrote:I would love to have an S&S Screamin' Swing for Revi's Area, Amazingly simple and fun.

Not to mention it has a high capacity.

^^^YES!! I wonder if they could have it close enough to Sky Striker to have near misses?

CoasterRiderSC

Postby Goku1910 on October 12th, 2023, 11:30 am
Probably not but I do think an S&S Swing would fit there with the shop removed.

It's a controversial take since I want two pendulum type rides right next to each other but oh well. With the park having the capacity issues it does, this would only compliment County Fair and Sky Striker
Goku1910

Postby Cryptkeeper on October 14th, 2023, 5:40 pm
Cryptkeeper
Latest Intamin Victim
Latest Intamin Victim

Postby [jonrev] on October 14th, 2023, 6:40 pm
Rock structure could have finally deteriorated, Cali's was removed long ago. The boards across the track imply they are protecting it from falling debris. Looks bad paired with being down so long, but I hesitate to stick a fork in Demon just yet.
[jonrev]

Postby CoasterDemon on October 14th, 2023, 7:10 pm
Demon is still one of the funnest rides at the park (just opinion). It has one of the best capacities; is a workhorse (rarely *breaks down*), and the kids LOVE it. I hope Demon lives for a long time :mrgreen:
CoasterDemon

Postby CoasterRiderSC on October 14th, 2023, 10:35 pm
Goku1910 wrote:Probably not but I do think an S&S Swing would fit there with the shop removed.

It's a controversial take since I want two pendulum type rides right next to each other but oh well. With the park having the capacity issues it does, this would only compliment County Fair and Sky Striker

I'd totally love a screaming swing here! I loved Skyhawk, Barnstormer, Serengeti Flyer, and Giant Barn Swing!

CoasterRiderSC

Postby CoasterRiderSC on October 14th, 2023, 10:39 pm
CoasterDemon wrote:Demon is still one of the funnest rides at the park (just opinion). It has one of the best capacities; is a workhorse (rarely *breaks down*), and the kids LOVE it. I hope Demon lives for a long time :mrgreen:

Demon is also a great entry level looper with the low height requirement! And it has a great capacity and some cool theming (although I wish the name was different :) )

CoasterRiderSC

Postby Coaster Justin on October 15th, 2023, 5:38 pm
CoasterRiderSC wrote:
CoasterDemon wrote:Demon is still one of the funnest rides at the park (just opinion). It has one of the best capacities; is a workhorse (rarely *breaks down*), and the kids LOVE it. I hope Demon lives for a long time :mrgreen:

Demon is also a great entry level looper with the low height requirement! And it has a great capacity and some cool theming (although I wish the name was different :) )

A Vekoma Bermuda Blitz (I know there's not enough room, It's just an example I've ridden) is 48" minimum so that would be a great replacement.

I'd wish for an Intamin Looper cause those only have Lap Bars but they're 55" minimum
926 Coasters around the World! Countdown to 1000!

http://sfgamworld.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=15272

Runner Up of the 2017 SFGAmWorld Elimination Thread
Coaster Justin

Postby Agent on October 15th, 2023, 11:08 pm
Agent wrote:Does anyone know what ever happened to the original parade floats? While on the Scenic Railway (which seems to have a new soundtrack?), to the left of the train near the Roaring Rapids, I observed beyond many trees a structure which looked familiar. It looked exactly like the old County Fair parade float. In particular, I was able to make out the ferris wheel on it (see 0:10 in the video here for an idea of how the County Fair parade float looked like). Just a curious sight as I had heard that the floats had been overhauled entirely in 2000.

Mystery solved! What I saw indeed was the ferris wheel from the parade float, it must've been in storage all these years. Behind the Revolution exit, to the right of the arcade machines, you'll find this relic from times long ago. Nice touch! I wonder what else is in storage though...
Agent

Postby Coaster Justin on October 16th, 2023, 3:33 pm

That plot and the Sky Whirl Plot.

I firmly Believe Sky Whirl has cursed the spot
926 Coasters around the World! Countdown to 1000!

http://sfgamworld.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=15272

Runner Up of the 2017 SFGAmWorld Elimination Thread
Coaster Justin

Postby briphotoguy on October 16th, 2023, 7:46 pm
Late to the party but you know what fit there perfectly was Power Dive…. [emoji23]

briphotoguy

Postby briphotoguy on October 16th, 2023, 7:47 pm
Coaster Justin wrote:

That plot and the Sky Whirl Plot.

I firmly Believe Sky Whirl has cursed the spot
It’s because they took out the hay Baylor. Even though Deja was my favorite ride the Baylor was prime….

briphotoguy

Postby JackGlass on October 17th, 2023, 5:06 pm
I would love to see a Ferris wheel replace hangover. It would finally fill the sky whirl void
JackGlass

PreviousNext

Return to Six Flags Great America Forum