Great America
Roller Coasters
Rides
Hurricane Harbor
Water Slides
Water Attractions
Advertisement

front or back

Talk about anything that has to do with Six Flags Great America and Hurricane Harbor here.
Postby linebacker131 on March 2nd, 2003, 4:40 pm
i have never realy been on any rides in the front or back because i dont feel like waiting and not being able to ride on some of the rides i want to.so this year i think i am going to use the mvp thing so i want to know ur opinions on the ride what ones u think are the best front and back. i dont realy care about the wizzer or spacelys sprocket rockets and i will probly get a fast pass also.
Last edited by linebacker131 on March 2nd, 2003, 5:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.
linebacker131

Postby coasterzak on March 2nd, 2003, 4:42 pm
Back Seat - Very Easily I feel that RB takes this. You get ripped off the hill in the back. It is awesome.Front Seat - I rode Batman coutless times in other places on the ride. After I rode it in the front seat my breath was taken away. It was purely incredible. Those are the two stand outs in my mind.
coasterzak

Postby coastrcorey on March 2nd, 2003, 4:52 pm
Raging Bull: Front or Back - Front you get a nice view and it's really awesome. Back you get amazing airtime!Deja Vu: Front - Row 1a is best, but row 1b is pretty much just as good. Beware though, the line does get pretty long for 1a and 1b on Deja Vu. I would suggest you just pick any row, unless you're willing to wait a while.V2: Back - I prefer the back personally just because you go a lot higher on the back spike and I like that. A lot of other people would say front is better. Front is cool because you go high up on the spiral.Batman: Front - Batman in the front is amazing! Also be ready to wait a looong time though. It is really cool, because it feels like you're going to hit your feet on everything (the train goes really close to trees, etc.).American Eagle: No Preference - I don't really have a preference on AE. I suppose the front is the best just because you don't have anyone's heads in your way.Iron Wolf: Front - Iron Wolf is really cool in the front, just because you're standing up and everything.Demon: No Preference - Demon is another one I really just don't care about where I sit.Viper: Front or Back - Front is cool because again, you don't have anyone's head in your way. But, in the back you get awesome airtime!Whizzer: No Preference - I don't think it really matters where you sit on Whizzer.
coastrcorey

Postby CoasterDave316 on March 2nd, 2003, 6:10 pm
Deja Vu: Row 1A or 1B they are both awesomeRaging Bull: Back by far is the best, ejector air down the first drop.Viper: Row 1:3 or 2:1 I have found to have awesome rides on with great airtime.V2: Front or back they are both just as cool.Batman: Front, but the ride feels alot faster in the back.American Eagle Red: Front, ever since I was a kid I have loved looking over the first drop.American Eagle Blue Backwards: Front, or is it the back??.....The last car to leave the station. :)Iron Wolf: FrontDemon: Back!!! Awesome Airtime down the first drop!Whizzer: Either front or backSuperman:UF: From my experience with X-Flight it won't really matter every seat has the same view and thats down!
Last edited by CoasterDave316 on March 3rd, 2003, 12:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Go Bulls!
Dave - SFGAmWorld Webmaster
CoasterDave316
Webmaster/Site Admin

Postby SfGaMownz on March 2nd, 2003, 10:29 pm
Why get an MVP? Go all out and get a season pass, i mean its only about $80. So its a good deal if you want to go more then twice.
SfGaMownz

Postby CoasterDave316 on March 2nd, 2003, 10:32 pm
I think he might mean FastLane, I don't know what MVP would have to do with waiting for front row or back row.
Go Bulls!
CoasterDave316
Webmaster/Site Admin

Postby coastrcorey on March 2nd, 2003, 11:08 pm
lol... yeah.
coastrcorey

Postby DejaVuGurl1203 on March 2nd, 2003, 11:50 pm
On most coasters I like the front.Raging Bull: Front or Back - Front, great view and an awesome feeling to it. Back, because it has awesome airtime and force!Batman: The Ride: Front cause its the best view and has the greatest feeling ever. It also looks like you're feet are about to hit something. Takes your breath away.Deja Vu: Front - Row 1A is awesome. Great view... line is pretty long though. Love those footchoppers as well.V2: Front - I have never ridden in the back, but I'm going to try to sometime I go this year. Front is amazing though, I like looking straight up in the sky twisting around, and looking straight down at the ground and stopping for a second. I always ride the front. The line is real long though.Iron Wolf: Front - Hard decision, I like front and back but front is the best. All I gotta say is its awesome zooming by all those trees so quickly, and just zooming through all those turns.American Eagle Backwards: Front - DEFINATLEY the front! Its also the last car... But anyways, awesome view, just plain awesome, and amazing airtime as well. Line can be a bit long though.American Eagle Forwards: Never been in the back or front.Demon: Front - Front is great. Never been in the back though.Viper: Back - Only been in the back, but even if I haven't been in the front, the back is just TOTALLY AWESOME! Great airtime, and just whips you around... crazy!Whizzer: Haven't been in the back or front but I don't really care.
DejaVuGurl1203

Postby linebacker131 on March 3rd, 2003, 9:38 am
no i mean mvp because then i can go 2 days and have more time to wait in line and i dont think i will be going more than twice
linebacker131

Postby DejaVuGurl1203 on March 3rd, 2003, 10:26 am
Whenever I go for two days we always get a twicket. I think they're cheaper than the MVPs, not sure though.
DejaVuGurl1203

Postby linebacker131 on March 3rd, 2003, 10:54 am
all i know is that u have o pay regular admission for the first day then the second day u pay $15
linebacker131

Postby CoasterDave316 on March 3rd, 2003, 12:46 pm
Twickets are $5 cheaper than the MVP I believe in less they go up in price this season. But if you get a twicket you have to go the next day, the MVP allows you to come back anytime in the year except Fright Fest. I believe Twickets cost around $10 unless they add the usually $2 to the price again this year. I remember when twickets used to be $2.
Go Bulls!
CoasterDave316
Webmaster/Site Admin

Postby Papas on March 3rd, 2003, 5:40 pm
I go to SFGAm every week they are open and this is what I preferRaging Bull- FrontIncredible Speed. I like better than the back because you get about the same air, but much more wind.Viper- BackInsane air if you keep your lapbar up a few clicks.V2- FrontBack is boring! Front is fun, it looks like you are gonna twist off.On the other rides it doesn't matter where you sit.
Papas

Postby coastrcorey on March 3rd, 2003, 6:10 pm
Twickets used to be $2??? That's really cheap!!!
coastrcorey

Postby coasterguy on March 3rd, 2003, 7:16 pm
Deja Vu- FrontRaging Bull-BackV2-FrontAE-BackViper-BackIronWolf-BackBatman-BOTH
16 Rides on TTD
10 in Front
4 in front at night
John kerry's got a big head
coasterguy

Postby Aero737 on March 19th, 2003, 5:53 pm
Okay, well this topic has been dead for quite some time, but I also havent been here for a while. So I will still post my thoughts.Raging Bull- Front row is very windy (if it is cold your tears will sting) but you also get a feel of flight. Front is also good in the horisontal loops. But the back takes the cake. The airtime on the first drop is huge. I love letting my arms hang limp in the air. Back row is even better at night when you cannot see much at all.V2- My second favorite coaster. This coster is 2 different rides between the back and the front. The front is fun going up the sprial spike. The stopper at the top seems so close. The view on the back spike is nice too, but the launch is boring. The back row provides for and awsome launch seeing as your in the boosters longer. But the ride is a bit more boring on the front spike (I think you only twist 60 degreese). But the back spike provides some nice airtime, and you can really feel the tower sway on the holding break. The view is also nice (i enjoy looking twards the front of the park).AE- I love this ride in the last car. Looking back at the station is so cool on the lift hill. The ride seems the same except for the first drop, the drop is a bit faster. The first car to leave the station is boring. Bad view, bad ride. There is lag on the first drop and the only time i rode in the first car a rather large beetle hit my hand (it really hurt).Demon- Doesnt matter really. It seems to go slower through the loops in the front. And there is no airtime on that ride (espically for me, im 6'3'' and the sholder restraints crush me, and my knees dont fit).Iron Wolf- Front is nice, espically when rushing through the trees. But the back row has a bit more airtime, but i think it is rougher. I enjoy the middle on this ride.Viper- Front and back both offer good airtime, but i like the front better. The first drop in the back is a joke. Your still on the lift hill on the holding brake. The best thing to do, is put your lapbar down one click and hold your feet off the floor on the ride. You will float around so much. Headchoppers are better in the front too (in my opinion).Batman- I've never ridden this ride when there was a wait shorter than 30 min. So I have never had the time to ride the front row. The back seems faster than the front portion of the ride. On a side note, do both of batman's trains have wheel covers this year?Whizzer- I like the back. I can twist around and look behind me. The G forces on the banked turns are nice too.DejaVu-Always broken. I only got 1 ride during fright fest. It was near the middle of the train. I want to try and get front row. (I was on the first DeJaVu ride of frightfest 2002)Giant Drop- Well this isnt a coaster, and it doesnt have front or backs so i would say i enjoy facing the Raging Bull. I've ridden this seat more times than not. It has a good view of the park, and a good view of the countryside and the highway (I love calling slug-bugs on thrill rides..lol). Its fun to scream at people on the ground at the top of the tower.There you have it, my choices. Hope to find out what it is like to fly on S:UF soon!
Aero737
The Mod Squad

Postby coasterswimgurl12 on March 22nd, 2003, 3:34 pm
I think... :lol:Viper:back....if u get a really lose lap bar, you lift up really high out of the seat!!!Raging Bull:back....u get a longer drop... but both are awesome!!! I always go for the back!!!!Deja Vu: i've never ridden in the front yet....but I love the back because ur up higher, and have a longer drop!!!Demon: I dont really like this coaster that much but....I go for the back! :)Batman: I get sick in the back because the Gs r too strong i guess....but towards the front...especially the front...u see everything first!!!V2: Back...again...ur up higher and drop longer!!!American Eagle: Forwards: the back....Backwards: the front: lol!Iron wolf: I dont really like this one either...but the front*Rest in peace shockwave....i liked the back!*S:UF- I guess i'll have to see!!! Can't wait to ride!!!~41 DAYZ!!!~
Last edited by coasterswimgurl12 on March 22nd, 2003, 3:37 pm, edited 2 times in total.
*~There's a light~*
*~In the darkness~*
*~Of everybody's life~*
coasterswimgurl12

Postby coasterguy on March 22nd, 2003, 3:35 pm
Actually its 42 days.
16 Rides on TTD
10 in Front
4 in front at night
coasterguy

Postby coasterswimgurl12 on March 22nd, 2003, 3:38 pm
well....41 dayz not counting today!!! :D
*~There's a light~*
*~In the darkness~*
*~Of everybody's life~*
coasterswimgurl12

Postby JulieBoolie on March 22nd, 2003, 7:14 pm
Did you have to correct her in more than one thread? :?
JulieBoolie

Postby coasterguy on March 22nd, 2003, 7:44 pm
it's just a joke.
16 Rides on TTD
10 in Front
4 in front at night
coasterguy

Postby joker on March 22nd, 2003, 8:45 pm
I have to keep these in mind when I go...but hopefully I will be going more often...
-Roller Coaster Enthusiast
joker

Postby coasterswimgurl12 on March 23rd, 2003, 1:50 pm
I noe!!! u can't just leave me alone!! lol... :D ....well....would u rather have 41 days....or 40 DAYZ!!!! I CHOOSE 40 DAYZ!!!!!
*~There's a light~*
*~In the darkness~*
*~Of everybody's life~*
coasterswimgurl12

Postby coastrcorey on March 23rd, 2003, 2:07 pm
Lol... Who cares?!?
coastrcorey

Postby coasterguy on March 23rd, 2003, 4:13 pm
It was just a joke! Who Cares!
16 Rides on TTD
10 in Front
4 in front at night