Great America
Roller Coasters
Rides
Hurricane Harbor
Water Slides
Water Attractions
Advertisement

DEJA Vu GONE?

Talk about anything that has to do with Six Flags Great America and Hurricane Harbor here.
Postby Timmy179 on March 14th, 2003, 8:17 pm
http://www.thrillnetwork.com/index.php? ... &order=0It says deja vu will be removed from sfgam after this season
Around the world and back
Timmy179
Member Spotlight Guy

Postby CoasterDave316 on March 14th, 2003, 8:30 pm
Not going to happen, it is very popular and ran fine last year with only 2 vallies. If it runs as good this season as it ran during last blast then im almost positive it will be around for another 10 years or more. It was a prototype and they just needed to work the bugs out of it.
Go Bulls!
Dave - SFGAmWorld Webmaster
CoasterDave316
Webmaster/Site Admin

Postby T_Biggs on March 14th, 2003, 8:57 pm
If everything that sites have as rumors, then by now every park would have a terra 4D stand up air launched woodie with LIM boosters every 2 miles on the 10 mile course.
T_Biggs

Postby coasterswimgurl12 on March 14th, 2003, 9:32 pm
ok...Deja Vu is not going to be removed...PERIOD!!! besides...i dunno if n e one else noticed or heard...but during fright fest they put heaters on the track in the station so the coaster would work better....and by doing this the line really got faster! all during fright fest(i went every weekend) not once have i seen a 3 hr line for it, and not once have i seen it break down...plus it opened the at same time as all the other coasters everyday! 8)
*~There's a light~*
*~In the darkness~*
*~Of everybody's life~*
coasterswimgurl12

Postby CoasterDave316 on March 14th, 2003, 10:25 pm
The heaters were there during the 2001 season too during Fright Fest. They don't only use them during Fright Fest though, they had them on during colder days in September too.
Go Bulls!
CoasterDave316
Webmaster/Site Admin

Postby greatamerica2003 on March 14th, 2003, 11:46 pm
Is it going away for 2004. NOIf it does would I be surprised? NOWould I be happy? Hell Yes!
YOU ARE A FAILURE AT LIFE!
greatamerica2003
amtrak
amtrak

Postby Timmy179 on March 15th, 2003, 12:05 am
U know what, i wouldnt be too dissapointed to see that peice of crap go anyway. I highly doubt it though because of the fact that it is only i 1/4 years old, and if they did take it down , what could they really fit ther, another flat? it would be cool though if they tore down demon and dejavu and made some kick ass coaster that went over the walkway between them now
Timmy179
Member Spotlight Guy

Postby coastrcorey on March 15th, 2003, 12:42 am
No! Stop ripping DejaVu! I love that ride! And, it's not going to come down, that would be a total waste of money for Six Flags. Besides, it's one of the most popular rides in the park!P.S. Stop taking my avatar! lol... j/k :)
coastrcorey

Postby SfGaMownz on March 15th, 2003, 12:52 am
It acually did break down once during fright fest. Well, acually it was one of the last blast days but same thing. So I was in line and it was like a 10 minute wait and the floor got stuck down so it was down for about 15 mins. That doesn't really have anything to do with the track but it still broke down :D .
SfGaMownz

Postby CoasterDave316 on March 15th, 2003, 1:21 am
Timmy179 wrote:U know what, i wouldnt be too dissapointed to see that peice of crap go anyway
Have you even rode Deja Vu, if you did maybe you need to ride it more. The ride experience is awesome and thats all that matters. I brought so many people to SFGAm last season during my 32 trips there and everybody complained about how it broke down while they were in line. But after they got off they forgot about all the break downs and wanted to get in line again and ride it again. Sure it isn't very reliable but the bottom line is that the ride experience is awesome and no matter how many break downs it has the General Public will continue to come back and ride it.If you think its a "piece of crap" then don't ride it and make the line shorter for those who do like the ride.
Go Bulls!
CoasterDave316
Webmaster/Site Admin

Postby coasterzak on March 15th, 2003, 1:50 pm
Yeah... good one, that's really gonna happen.
coasterzak

Postby greatamerica2003 on March 15th, 2003, 6:59 pm
Who says if it leaves they are going to scrap it? It would probably go to another park.
YOU ARE A FAILURE AT LIFE!
greatamerica2003
amtrak
amtrak

Postby Timmy179 on March 15th, 2003, 9:50 pm
i guess i exaggerated a lil too much, i like the ride i just think that six flags could put a better designed coaster in in its place, maybe a b+m instead of a vekoma :wink:
Timmy179
Member Spotlight Guy

Postby coasterguy on March 15th, 2003, 10:34 pm
There is no way a B&M will fit in deja Vu's place unless it is a prototype becuase i have never seen a B&M that could fit in Deja Vu's place, with out major construction to paths a builings
16 Rides on TTD
10 in Front
4 in front at night
John kerry's got a big head
coasterguy

Postby SFGAmDemon on March 15th, 2003, 10:45 pm
I think it is Face Off in PGAm or some park that would be fun :?
SFGAmDemon

Postby SfgamFreak03 on March 15th, 2003, 11:08 pm
low popularity my a$$ every morning it had a line all the way past DejaVu games and once they guided the people through the ques there was at least a two hour wait.
Have another TAB fatty!
SfgamFreak03

Postby coasterzak on March 15th, 2003, 11:09 pm
Yeah, that line was enormous. I'm sure they would take out Demon before they would take out Deja Vu, huge line difference.
coasterzak

Postby Timmy179 on March 16th, 2003, 12:08 am
i heard that they were re-doing all the seats this off season, why would the invest in new seats if they were gonna tear it down anyway
Timmy179
Member Spotlight Guy

Postby CoasterDave316 on March 16th, 2003, 1:45 am
The seats will be the same as they were the past 2 years and aren't changing, it was a rumor awhile ago and then SFMM's Deja Vu closed down for rehab and people thought the seats were going to be changed, it opened again about a week later with the same seats.
Go Bulls!
CoasterDave316
Webmaster/Site Admin

Postby CoasterMan629 on March 16th, 2003, 9:05 pm
Timmy179 wrote:U know what, i wouldnt be too dissapointed to see that peice of crap go anyway. I highly doubt it though because of the fact that it is only i 1/4 years old, and if they did take it down , what could they really fit ther, another flat? it would be cool though if they tore down demon and dejavu and made some kick ass coaster that went over the walkway between them now
No because they want to keep their coaster count up, so that will not happen. :wink:
It's not how high or how fast you build the roller coaster it's how smooth you build it!
CoasterMan629

Postby SfgamFreak03 on March 16th, 2003, 9:12 pm
The day that they think about tearing DV down you will see me on the news chained to it :) As of last year it was my favorite. It was a piece of crap 2 years ago but they got her running good by the year.
Have another TAB fatty!
SfgamFreak03

Postby SFGAMkid on March 16th, 2003, 9:28 pm
PEOPLE PEOPLE PEOPLE!!!!! :twisted:Remember.....This is a prototype!!! Just give them some time to fix the bugs out of it ok!!! Think about X at SFMM. That coaster is down at least 75% of the time, and they have the same exact problem. But you don't see people complaining about that now do you....SFGAM is smart and I know once they get it working, it will be fine. :!:
SFGAMkid

Postby coastrcorey on March 16th, 2003, 11:19 pm
It is starting to work fine... It was only broken down one time this year for me, and it was only for a half a day! I would chain myself to it too! That is my favorite ride in the park!
coastrcorey

Postby coasterzak on March 17th, 2003, 8:36 pm
Gosh corey, I wish I could agree with you! It vallied in front of my own eyes when I was in the park. I was very close to getting a ride and it vallied, down for a long period of time, and I still haven't got a ride. But no, no way they will just "take this ride out."
coasterzak

Postby coasterinsane on March 17th, 2003, 11:04 pm
HEY, i will be chained to it with you! and that has happened to me before, i was at fright fest the year it opened and there was like a line that was 5 hours long, they had lines to get into line, but luckly i was right next to the gate when it opened and i had like a 5 minute wait, but it vallied between the second lift and loop so i waited for a really long time after word. Then there was another time i was waiting and it lifted up the second lift but insted of droping them i lowered the really slowlyand then it lifted them again but then itdroped them, i bet the noncoasterpeople thought that is what it wa supposed to do, haha they are funny, i have heard many thing frome kids at school who arent obbsesed like us....the most comon rumor is that they just took shockwave down cause they are painting it yellow?haha what losers
---------2006---------
Raptor Crew
Wicked Twister Crew
---------2007---------
Maverick Crew
Mantis Crew
Cad Cars Team Lead
coasterinsane

Next

Return to Six Flags Great America Forum