SFGAmWorld.com
Untitled Document
Park Information
Latest News
Great America
Roller Coasters
Rides
Hurricane Harbor
Water Slides
Water Attractions
Advertisement

ALL NEW FOR 2024! Sky Striker

Talk about anything that has to do with Six Flags Great America and Hurricane Harbor here.
Postby CoasterRiderSC on May 12th, 2024, 12:31 pm
staticshadows wrote:
CoasterRiderSC wrote:How many seats on Sky Striker, 32 ?


40



Any idea what the RPH is for the ride??
Single Day Ride Count Record

50 rides 8/17/2018 (Without Flash Pass - Coasters After Dark)

---- "Here we go, kids!! Here we go!!"
CoasterRiderSC

User avatar
 
Posts: 1288
Joined: August 4th, 2016, 1:20 pm
Location: Lake in the Hills, IL

Postby Coaster Justin on May 12th, 2024, 4:22 pm
The Zamperla site says 600
926 Coasters around the World! Countdown to 1000!

http://sfgamworld.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=15272

Runner Up of the 2017 SFGAmWorld Elimination Thread
Coaster Justin

User avatar
 
Posts: 2133
Joined: October 12th, 2007, 12:07 pm
Location: Park City, IL

Postby Dan The Coaster Man on May 12th, 2024, 8:31 pm
Can't make June 6th, which probably means I will miss opening weekend too? Gonna be in Texas for Roller Coaster Rodeo so not a bad alternative
Sucker for a launch, custom audio and Viper | Coaster Count: 511
Dan The Coaster Man

User avatar
 
Posts: 561
Joined: November 23rd, 2014, 11:04 am
Location: Southwest Suburbs

Postby CoasterRiderSC on May 12th, 2024, 10:07 pm
Coaster Justin wrote:The Zamperla site says 600



That's only 15 cycles/hour? Seems kind of low.

I was thinking they could do 20 cycles / hour = 800 RPH
Single Day Ride Count Record

50 rides 8/17/2018 (Without Flash Pass - Coasters After Dark)

---- "Here we go, kids!! Here we go!!"
CoasterRiderSC

User avatar
 
Posts: 1288
Joined: August 4th, 2016, 1:20 pm
Location: Lake in the Hills, IL

Postby Blue_Toad_Coasters on May 13th, 2024, 12:34 am
gottastrata33 wrote:Thank you.

I think they may actually open the ride for pass holder previews shortly but holding off on media day until the area fully is ready. Cause from the looks of it the ride could open in two weeks but with so much ground work to be done, I'm sure they're wanting to "beautify" the area for filming. Have the entire ride area much more presentable. I'll be shocked if they wait to open it after media day.


Does anybody know if the park ever removed what was left of the Barney Oldfield Raceway?
Blue_Toad_Coasters

User avatar
 
Posts: 62
Joined: April 4th, 2024, 4:05 pm
Location: Bolingbrook, IL

Postby coasterfanatic on May 13th, 2024, 1:10 am
Blue_Toad_Coasters wrote:
gottastrata33 wrote:Thank you.

I think they may actually open the ride for pass holder previews shortly but holding off on media day until the area fully is ready. Cause from the looks of it the ride could open in two weeks but with so much ground work to be done, I'm sure they're wanting to "beautify" the area for filming. Have the entire ride area much more presentable. I'll be shocked if they wait to open it after media day.


Does anybody know if the park ever removed what was left of the Barney Oldfield Raceway?
Yes. It was all removed for Sky Striker

As for the RPH. Keep in mind, that the manufactures RPH is typically higher than actual RPH

15 is probably on a good day. It’s going to take at least a minute if not more of loading time. (Bull can’t keep even dispatch a train in a minute and there’s no seatbelts.

Zamperlas website listed the load/unload time as 2 minutes and ride time as 2 minutes. That’s where they get the 4 minutes total and theoretical capacity of 600 RPH. So it will be less than that. Likely averaging 12 cycles per hour.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
coasterfanatic

 
Posts: 506
Joined: July 27th, 2011, 2:07 am

Postby CoasterRiderSC on May 13th, 2024, 6:40 am
coasterfanatic - thanks for clarifying that. Yeah I wasn't considering the length of the loading/unloading time!
Single Day Ride Count Record

50 rides 8/17/2018 (Without Flash Pass - Coasters After Dark)

---- "Here we go, kids!! Here we go!!"
CoasterRiderSC

User avatar
 
Posts: 1288
Joined: August 4th, 2016, 1:20 pm
Location: Lake in the Hills, IL

Postby gottastrata33 on May 22nd, 2024, 10:36 am
Apply for the commercial shoot! They're looking for people now! Applications close Friday, May 24th at 5pm!
gottastrata33

User avatar
 
Posts: 2200
Joined: September 5th, 2005, 12:41 am
Location: Chicago, IL.

Postby HCF on May 22nd, 2024, 12:06 pm
gottastrata33 wrote:Apply for the commercial shoot! They're looking for people now! Applications close Friday, May 24th at 5pm!


Where can we apply?
Some time, on way to successful, first of steps of all of the steps to being successful steps are hardest of all of the steps to successing.
HCF

User avatar
 
Posts: 42
Joined: April 23rd, 2018, 10:28 am
Location: Waukegan IL, currently at IUB

Postby Dan The Coaster Man on May 22nd, 2024, 12:52 pm
Their Instagram has a link in their bio.

The commercial shoot is less than 2 weeks away. I was at the park yesterday and I do not see them being ready by then. No controls, no queue. Still need to do testing/training too.
Sucker for a launch, custom audio and Viper | Coaster Count: 511
Dan The Coaster Man

User avatar
 
Posts: 561
Joined: November 23rd, 2014, 11:04 am
Location: Southwest Suburbs

Postby CoasterRiderSC on May 22nd, 2024, 10:27 pm
Dan The Coaster Man wrote:Their Instagram has a link in their bio.

The commercial shoot is less than 2 weeks away. I was at the park yesterday and I do not see them being ready by then. No controls, no queue. Still need to do testing/training too.



Dan - Congrats on surpassing 500 coasters!!
Single Day Ride Count Record

50 rides 8/17/2018 (Without Flash Pass - Coasters After Dark)

---- "Here we go, kids!! Here we go!!"
CoasterRiderSC

User avatar
 
Posts: 1288
Joined: August 4th, 2016, 1:20 pm
Location: Lake in the Hills, IL

Postby gottastrata33 on May 22nd, 2024, 10:32 pm
CoasterRiderSC wrote:
Dan The Coaster Man wrote:Their Instagram has a link in their bio.

The commercial shoot is less than 2 weeks away. I was at the park yesterday and I do not see them being ready by then. No controls, no queue. Still need to do testing/training too.



Dan - Congrats on surpassing 500 coasters!!


Oops sorry, link in bio on their insta as mentioned. As for Dan - Well now we gotta know what the 500th coaster was ;) my 500 was Dr. Diabolical
gottastrata33

User avatar
 
Posts: 2200
Joined: September 5th, 2005, 12:41 am
Location: Chicago, IL.

Postby CoasterRiderSC on May 22nd, 2024, 11:23 pm
Strata - Congrats on your 500th!
Single Day Ride Count Record

50 rides 8/17/2018 (Without Flash Pass - Coasters After Dark)

---- "Here we go, kids!! Here we go!!"
CoasterRiderSC

User avatar
 
Posts: 1288
Joined: August 4th, 2016, 1:20 pm
Location: Lake in the Hills, IL

Postby Coaster Justin on May 23rd, 2024, 11:53 am
gottastrata33 wrote:
CoasterRiderSC wrote:
Dan The Coaster Man wrote:Their Instagram has a link in their bio.

The commercial shoot is less than 2 weeks away. I was at the park yesterday and I do not see them being ready by then. No controls, no queue. Still need to do testing/training too.



Dan - Congrats on surpassing 500 coasters!!


Oops sorry, link in bio on their insta as mentioned. As for Dan - Well now we gotta know what the 500th coaster was ;) my 500 was Dr. Diabolical



Awesome on 500, My 500th was Gringott's in 2015, I tried to ride it with Drew the Intern but it didn't happen
926 Coasters around the World! Countdown to 1000!

http://sfgamworld.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=15272

Runner Up of the 2017 SFGAmWorld Elimination Thread
Coaster Justin

User avatar
 
Posts: 2133
Joined: October 12th, 2007, 12:07 pm
Location: Park City, IL

Postby Blue_Toad_Coasters on May 23rd, 2024, 7:32 pm
Congrats to everybody for reaching 500 coasters! I've only been a coaster enthusiast for about a year so I've only got 28, but I am curious to know how long it took everybody to reach such a massive milestone!

(I am planning a 2-day trip to Cedar Point though, so I'm hoping I can reach 40 at least.)
Blue_Toad_Coasters

User avatar
 
Posts: 62
Joined: April 4th, 2024, 4:05 pm
Location: Bolingbrook, IL

Postby CoasterRiderSC on May 23rd, 2024, 9:54 pm
Blue_Toad_Coasters wrote:Congrats to everybody for reaching 500 coasters! I've only been a coaster enthusiast for about a year so I've only got 28, but I am curious to know how long it took everybody to reach such a massive milestone!

(I am planning a 2-day trip to Cedar Point though, so I'm hoping I can reach 40 at least.)



Blue Toad - I'm only at 176 coasters and I'm over 50 yo! I've always liked coaster and parks, but I didn't really become a huge enthusiast until 2014 when I had my first ever season pass to our park! My 100th coaster was New Texas Giant!
Last edited by CoasterRiderSC on May 24th, 2024, 11:21 am, edited 2 times in total.
Single Day Ride Count Record

50 rides 8/17/2018 (Without Flash Pass - Coasters After Dark)

---- "Here we go, kids!! Here we go!!"
CoasterRiderSC

User avatar
 
Posts: 1288
Joined: August 4th, 2016, 1:20 pm
Location: Lake in the Hills, IL

Postby HCF on May 24th, 2024, 10:38 am
Dan The Coaster Man wrote:Their Instagram has a link in their bio.

The commercial shoot is less than 2 weeks away. I was at the park yesterday and I do not see them being ready by then. No controls, no queue. Still need to do testing/training too.


Not to be a broken record but where exactly? When I click the link in their bio it takes me to a page that just lists their hours and tickets
Some time, on way to successful, first of steps of all of the steps to being successful steps are hardest of all of the steps to successing.
HCF

User avatar
 
Posts: 42
Joined: April 23rd, 2018, 10:28 am
Location: Waukegan IL, currently at IUB

Postby gottastrata33 on May 24th, 2024, 10:09 pm
HCF wrote:
Dan The Coaster Man wrote:Their Instagram has a link in their bio.

The commercial shoot is less than 2 weeks away. I was at the park yesterday and I do not see them being ready by then. No controls, no queue. Still need to do testing/training too.


Not to be a broken record but where exactly? When I click the link in their bio it takes me to a page that just lists their hours and tickets


Applications ended at 5pm today. If they took it down early, they most likely got enough or too many applicants.
gottastrata33

User avatar
 
Posts: 2200
Joined: September 5th, 2005, 12:41 am
Location: Chicago, IL.

Postby CoasterRiderSC on May 24th, 2024, 10:36 pm
Applications ended at 5pm today. If they took it down early, they most likely got enough or too many applicants.



I sent an email on 5/11 to the address you gave me. I haven't heard back from anyone :(
Single Day Ride Count Record

50 rides 8/17/2018 (Without Flash Pass - Coasters After Dark)

---- "Here we go, kids!! Here we go!!"
CoasterRiderSC

User avatar
 
Posts: 1288
Joined: August 4th, 2016, 1:20 pm
Location: Lake in the Hills, IL

Postby gottastrata33 on May 25th, 2024, 8:16 am
CoasterRiderSC wrote:
Applications ended at 5pm today. If they took it down early, they most likely got enough or too many applicants.



I sent an email on 5/11 to the address you gave me. I haven't heard back from anyone :(


They may have everything filled for any/all events. I have no idea. Sorry peeps.
gottastrata33

User avatar
 
Posts: 2200
Joined: September 5th, 2005, 12:41 am
Location: Chicago, IL.

Postby Blue_Toad_Coasters on May 26th, 2024, 11:01 pm
gottastrata33 wrote:
HCF wrote:
Dan The Coaster Man wrote:Their Instagram has a link in their bio.

The commercial shoot is less than 2 weeks away. I was at the park yesterday and I do not see them being ready by then. No controls, no queue. Still need to do testing/training too.


Not to be a broken record but where exactly? When I click the link in their bio it takes me to a page that just lists their hours and tickets


Applications ended at 5pm today. If they took it down early, they most likely got enough or too many applicants.


Wouldn't doubt it. With how populated the Chicago-metropolitan area is, I bet many, many people signed up. Way more than if they were asking for people for a park like Discovery Kingdom.
Blue_Toad_Coasters

User avatar
 
Posts: 62
Joined: April 4th, 2024, 4:05 pm
Location: Bolingbrook, IL

Postby Blue_Toad_Coasters on May 28th, 2024, 11:49 pm
CoasterNick3157 posted a new Sky Striker Update and the rumored Media Day (June 6, I believe?) looks to be spot-on. The main take-away is that the bases for the entrances for both American Eagle and Sky Striker are in and the land is being smoothed out. All that's left for construction is to pour in concrete for the queue and exit, install railings, install the controls if that hasn't been done, and landscaping. After that, all that needs to be done is training, if I'm not mistaken.

Hopefully American Eagle will open within a week following Sky Striker, or at least the entrance and the destroyed queue will be built. I'm hoping that the park could finally run both sides, or at least on holidays or special occasions. It would be neat if the park ran it backwards either during normal operating hours this year, holidays, special occasions, or during Fright Fest.
Blue_Toad_Coasters

User avatar
 
Posts: 62
Joined: April 4th, 2024, 4:05 pm
Location: Bolingbrook, IL

Postby coasterfanatic on May 28th, 2024, 11:55 pm
Blue_Toad_Coasters wrote:CoasterNick3157 posted a new Sky Striker Update and the rumored Media Day (June 6, I believe?) looks to be spot-on. The main take-away is that the bases for the entrances for both American Eagle and Sky Striker are in and the land is being smoothed out. All that's left for construction is to pour in concrete for the queue and exit, install railings, install the controls if that hasn't been done, and landscaping. After that, all that needs to be done is training, if I'm not mistaken.

Hopefully American Eagle will open within a week following Sky Striker, or at least the entrance and the destroyed queue will be built. I'm hoping that the park could finally run both sides, or at least on holidays or special occasions. It would be neat if the park ran it backwards either during normal operating hours this year, holidays, special occasions, or during Fright Fest.
They are not running both sides of Eagle this year. Blue will run this year and the red trains are not even on the track.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
coasterfanatic

 
Posts: 506
Joined: July 27th, 2011, 2:07 am

Postby CoasterRiderSC on May 29th, 2024, 8:03 am
I think Eagle's days are numbered.
Single Day Ride Count Record

50 rides 8/17/2018 (Without Flash Pass - Coasters After Dark)

---- "Here we go, kids!! Here we go!!"
CoasterRiderSC

User avatar
 
Posts: 1288
Joined: August 4th, 2016, 1:20 pm
Location: Lake in the Hills, IL

Postby Dan The Coaster Man on May 29th, 2024, 12:25 pm
gottastrata33 wrote:
CoasterRiderSC wrote: Dan - Congrats on surpassing 500 coasters!!


As for Dan - Well now we gotta know what the 500th coaster was ;) my 500 was Dr. Diabolical


Thank you all haha. My 500 was the thrilling, massive, legendary... Super Grovers Box Car Derby at Sesame Place San Diego :lol: I have not had a good milestone coaster since 300.
Sucker for a launch, custom audio and Viper | Coaster Count: 511
Dan The Coaster Man

User avatar
 
Posts: 561
Joined: November 23rd, 2014, 11:04 am
Location: Southwest Suburbs

PreviousNext

Return to Six Flags Great America Forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 71 guests

Privacy Policy About Us Copyright Disclaimer E-Mail SFGAmWorld
COPYRIGHT - SFGAmWorld.com
All content and images on this site are Copyright 2001 - SFGAmWorld.com and may not be used without permission.
This is NOT the official site of Six Flags Great America, SFGAmWorld.com is not affilated or endorsed by Six Flags Great America.
SFGAmWorld.com does not make any guarantee on the accuracy of the information on this website and cannot be held responsible by the use of this information.
SIX FLAGS and all related indicia are trademarks of Six Flags Theme Parks Inc. ®, TM and © . The official Six Flags site can be found at SixFlags.com
BATMAN, SUPERMAN and all related characters and elements are trademarks of © DC Comics.
LOONEY TUNES and all related characters and elements are trademarks of and © Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc.©
The Wiggles Pty Ltd. SCOOBY-DOO and all related characters and elements are trademarks of and © Hanna-Barbera.

cron