Great America
Roller Coasters
Rides
Hurricane Harbor
Water Slides
Water Attractions
Advertisement

ALL NEW FOR 2024! Sky Striker

Talk about anything that has to do with Six Flags Great America and Hurricane Harbor here.
Postby Goku1910 on May 3rd, 2024, 8:26 pm
Well I don't like the "I know a guy" source, but it seems feasible. Three weeks for Electrics, Programming, Landscaping, and concrete pouring.
"I've been told that some part of every wish will be heard but lately I lost sight of the truth in those words."
Goku1910

Postby Dan The Coaster Man on May 4th, 2024, 8:42 am
Source: trust me bro :lol:
Sucker for a launch, custom audio and Viper | Coaster Count: 509
Dan The Coaster Man

Postby CoasterDave316 on May 4th, 2024, 3:28 pm
His source is correct.
Go Bulls!
Dave - SFGAmWorld Webmaster
CoasterDave316
Webmaster/Site Admin

Postby Dan The Coaster Man on May 4th, 2024, 8:18 pm
Was at the park today and was nice to see them actively working on it. Does anyone know if the seats are on property? (not sure what the official name of that entire circular piece is called - but you know what I am talking about)
Sucker for a launch, custom audio and Viper | Coaster Count: 509
Dan The Coaster Man

Postby CoasterRiderSC on May 4th, 2024, 8:56 pm
Dan The Coaster Man wrote:Was at the park today and was nice to see them actively working on it. Does anyone know if the seats are on property? (not sure what the official name of that entire circular piece is called - but you know what I am talking about)

Would it be called the "disc" ?
Single Day Ride Count Record

50 rides 8/17/2018 (Without Flash Pass - Coasters After Dark)

---- "Here we go, kids!! Here we go!!"
CoasterRiderSC

Postby CoasterRiderSC on May 4th, 2024, 8:57 pm
CoasterRiderSC wrote:
Dan The Coaster Man wrote:Was at the park today and was nice to see them actively working on it. Does anyone know if the seats are on property? (not sure what the official name of that entire circular piece is called - but you know what I am talking about)

Would it be called the "disc" ?

Other than a Windseeker or Skyscreamer, and a Screaming Swing, I'd love for us to get a Dizzy Disk!! I've loved the ones I've been on!

CoasterRiderSC

Postby Blue_Toad_Coasters on May 5th, 2024, 1:08 am
I saw wheelgap's video and I am actually pretty impressed with how things have turned around in the past couple of weeks. Everything looks a lot better other than the entrance. However, I absolutely HATE Sky Striker's sign. Compared to what was in the app, this new sign is a huge let down. Now, this isn't SF's first time placing a circular sign on top of a Zamperla Giant/Giga Discovery. They did it with Crazanity at MM. It worked for that ride though since the ride's logo was in the shape of an oval. At OG, they just put some gears that looked great even if it didn't have the sign's logo. (I actually prefer the ride without the logo.) At New England, SF actually shaped the sign to fit the logo on top of the ride. At GAdv and DK, they at least got Wonder Woman's logo on the ride. At SFGAm, the logo isn't a circle yet they still put it on a circle at the top of a ride. Plus, SF didn't even give it a cool backdrop like some clouds or something. It's just white! If I'm being honest, I'm starting to doubt the new entrance will be as cool as it looks in the app with this whole sign situation. The only thing I'm sure of is that the old entrance Eagle will be on AE's new sign. Besides that, I'm just hoping that all goes according to what the app displays.
Blue_Toad_Coasters

Postby gottastrata33 on May 8th, 2024, 4:38 pm
New media day update. The event is now June 6th. Thankfully. I am out of town for the 23rd when it was originally scheduled. Anyone else attending?
gottastrata33

Postby CoasterNick3157 on May 8th, 2024, 8:53 pm
Does that mean no memorial day open
CoasterNick3157

Postby gottastrata33 on May 8th, 2024, 10:41 pm
CoasterNick3157 wrote:Does that mean no memorial day open

I have no idea. Maybe they will open it before the media event. The media event is pretty detailed from the email they sent out or so it seems. I was not able to attend Maxx's so I am thrilled to be invited back.
gottastrata33

Postby Goku1910 on May 8th, 2024, 11:09 pm
Media Day is generally before a public opening so I wouldn't get your hopes up for Memorial Day Weekend.
Goku1910

Postby coasterfanatic on May 9th, 2024, 1:23 am
Goku1910 wrote:Media Day is generally before a public opening so I wouldn't get your hopes up for Memorial Day Weekend.
Exactly. June 3 is a Monday. So expect so sort of “pass preview” day after that and then it opening to the public on Thursday or over the weekend, assuming there is no more delays.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
coasterfanatic

Postby Blue_Toad_Coasters on May 9th, 2024, 1:29 am
gottastrata33 wrote:I have no idea. Maybe they will open it before the media event. The media event is pretty detailed from the email they sent out or so it seems. I was not able to attend Maxx's so I am thrilled to be invited back.

Call me late to the party, but are you somebody famous? You say you were invited and people invited to Media Day events are generally well-known you must be since well-known.

On a side note, are there three "Opening Days?" (Media, Passholder, Public) (If they did, I didn't know SFGAm did Passholder Preview Days.)
Blue_Toad_Coasters

Postby Goku1910 on May 9th, 2024, 7:49 am
I don't recall them doing Passholder previews for recent additions. I think maybe X-Flight had one?
"I've been told that some part of every wish will be heard but lately I lost sight of the truth in those words."
Goku1910

Postby CoasterRiderSC on May 9th, 2024, 8:21 am
Goku1910 wrote:I don't recall them doing Passholder previews for recent additions. I think maybe X-Flight had one?

They did a Passholder Preview for Maxx Force! I waited in line 2 hours, 45 minutes to ride it! in the scorching (90+) heat!

CoasterRiderSC

Postby Goku1910 on May 9th, 2024, 8:24 am
CoasterRiderSC wrote:
Goku1910 wrote:I don't recall them doing Passholder previews for recent additions. I think maybe X-Flight had one?

They did a Passholder Preview for Maxx Force! I waited in line 2 hours, 45 minutes to ride it! in the scorching (90+) heat!

Oh then I probably didn't bother. Pass previews are kind of pointless when everyone has a pass. I'd rather just wait for a day with fewer crowds.
Goku1910

Postby gottastrata33 on May 9th, 2024, 8:31 am
Blue_Toad_Coasters wrote:
gottastrata33 wrote:I have no idea. Maybe they will open it before the media event. The media event is pretty detailed from the email they sent out or so it seems. I was not able to attend Maxx's so I am thrilled to be invited back.

Call me late to the party, but are you somebody famous? You say you were invited and people invited to Media Day events are generally well-known you must be since well-known.

On a side note, are there three "Opening Days?" (Media, Passholder, Public) (If they did, I didn't know SFGAm did Passholder Preview Days.)

I wish. I just put in a request as I have for many years. Sorry to disappoint you Blue Toad Coasters. Haha. I've done media days, commercial shoots, & pass holder previews. Sometimes all three for some rides, like XF. For which I was represented with Coasterforce. I'm just obsessed with the park & try to be a part of any event I can. I missed out on Maxx's cause of the delays & could not get off work after the reschedule & starting a new job. So I'm very excited to be a part of this one.
gottastrata33

Postby CoasterRiderSC on May 9th, 2024, 12:37 pm
Strata - how do you put in a request to be at the preview/media day??

CoasterRiderSC

Postby gottastrata33 on May 10th, 2024, 12:06 am
CoasterRiderSC wrote:Strata - how do you put in a request to be at the preview/media day??

I've done media events with other sites, applied for a couple commercial shoots, attended previous events etc. So I have contacts I've reached out to from those previous years. I'm still a part of certain groups but hoping to branch out.
gottastrata33

Postby Blue_Toad_Coasters on May 10th, 2024, 10:52 pm
gottastrata33 wrote:I've done media events with other sites, applied for a couple commercial shoots, attended previous events etc. So I have contacts I've reached out to from those previous years. I'm still a part of certain groups but hoping to branch out.

Best of luck!
Blue_Toad_Coasters

Postby gottastrata33 on May 11th, 2024, 11:43 am
Thank you.

I think they may actually open the ride for pass holder previews shortly but holding off on media day until the area fully is ready. Cause from the looks of it the ride could open in two weeks but with so much ground work to be done, I'm sure they're wanting to "beautify" the area for filming. Have the entire ride area much more presentable. I'll be shocked if they wait to open it after media day.
gottastrata33

Postby CoasterRiderSC on May 11th, 2024, 7:28 pm
How many seats on Sky Striker, 32 ?

CoasterRiderSC

Postby staticshadows on May 11th, 2024, 7:44 pm
CoasterRiderSC wrote:How many seats on Sky Striker, 32 ?

staticshadows

Postby coasterfanatic on May 11th, 2024, 10:49 pm
gottastrata33 wrote:Thank you.

I think they may actually open the ride for pass holder previews shortly but holding off on media day until the area fully is ready. Cause from the looks of it the ride could open in two weeks but with so much ground work to be done, I'm sure they're wanting to "beautify" the area for filming. Have the entire ride area much more presentable. I'll be shocked if they wait to open it after media day.
Media days are never after public openings. It would defeat the purpose of the media day.

It will be media day first then pass preview day (or days) and then open to the public. If the June 3 media day holds, expect open to the public sometime that weekend

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
coasterfanatic

Postby gottastrata33 on May 12th, 2024, 3:18 am
Honestly, I just LOLd cause yeah you're right, makes sense. Look, in my defense we had to make an emergency landing due to a severe medical emergency at work (flight crew) the day I wrote that so maybe we can blame my brain being a little scattered please? Haha.

It just seems wild that they wouldn't want this up & going sooner, it made sense to me at the time for them wanting the area to be more presentable to get better shots in but yeah why open it then do a media event?

However, the commercial shoot I did for Goliath was before media day. So if anyone is interested in doing that, be on the look out for that application on their Facebook posts if they still do it that way.

When I saw the email that was titled NEW DATE, I was expecting them to only have it postponed one week by May 30th. So June 6th gives plenty of time in my opinion but I'm not one of the people building it so I could be very off.
gottastrata33

PreviousNext

Return to Six Flags Great America Forum