Great America
Roller Coasters
Rides
Hurricane Harbor
Water Slides
Water Attractions
Advertisement

Raging Bull 25th Anniversary

Talk about anything that has to do with Six Flags Great America and Hurricane Harbor here.
Postby Blue_Toad_Coasters on May 1st, 2024, 4:11 pm
On this day, May 1, in 1999, Raging Bull opened to the public at Six Flags Great America. It is only one of two Bolliger & Mabillard coasters to feature a pre-drop and the only Hyper-Coaster to have a Twister layout. Twenty-five years later, the coaster is still the tallest in the park. I created this forum topic as a place to discuss the history, memories, and more about this raging ride.

Happy 25th Anniversary, Raging Bull!!
Blue_Toad_Coasters

Postby CoasterRiderSC on May 2nd, 2024, 7:31 am
That pre-drop makes ALL The difference in the world!! I love Raging Bull!
I was a little nervous the first time I rode in 1999 or 2000. It was my first hyper coaster.
Single Day Ride Count Record

50 rides 8/17/2018 (Without Flash Pass - Coasters After Dark)

---- "Here we go, kids!! Here we go!!"
CoasterRiderSC

Postby HCF on May 3rd, 2024, 12:09 pm
I wonder if Six Flags will make a big deal out of this like they did for it's 15th anniversary, but now it has to compete with Goliaths 10th anniversary. Hopefully at very least they make pins like they did for superman last year.
Some time, on way to successful, first of steps of all of the steps to being successful steps are hardest of all of the steps to successing.
HCF

Postby Dan The Coaster Man on May 3rd, 2024, 2:29 pm
LOVE that they loosened up the trim. It's been running so good last season-now.
Sucker for a launch, custom audio and Viper | Coaster Count: 509
Dan The Coaster Man

Postby Blue_Toad_Coasters on May 5th, 2024, 12:18 am
HCF wrote:I wonder if Six Flags will make a big deal out of this like they did for it's 15th anniversary, but now it has to compete with Goliaths 10th anniversary. Hopefully at very least they make pins like they did for superman last year.

I would honestly love a Raging Bull pin or even a magnet like the ones SFGAm has been selling recently. (They usually have the ride's logo and some stats. I got the Demon one.) I would've enjoyed a repaint or at the very least a "Happy 25th Anniversary, Raging Bull!" on the park's socials, but with not even a simple acknowledgement, I doubt they'll do anything. I haven't even heard much about Goliath's 10th Anniversary. I truly believe that the only reason the park was promoting Superman's 20th Anniversary at all was because they
1. Needed something to put on the front cover of the map.
And 2. They had nothing new to offer last year (Except that Bubble Tea Station which I still find hilarious how big of a deal they made of it).
Blue_Toad_Coasters

Return to Six Flags Great America Forum