Great America
Roller Coasters
Rides
Hurricane Harbor
Water Slides
Water Attractions
Advertisement

[DOWNLOAD AVAILABLE]The Northwestern Adventure

Talk about RCT 2, RCT, No Limits, Hyper Rails, Scream Machines or any other Rollercoaster related game here.
Postby JaminOut on May 12th, 2016, 6:52 pm
Sad to hear the site had closed...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I gon' cut you...
JaminOut

Postby Guy_With_A_Stick on May 16th, 2016, 12:31 am
JaminOut wrote:Sad to hear the site had closed...

Indeed it is. Not even a notice, either.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
October 4th, 1986. Danny Frankston, Local Enthusiast. Northwest Horror Fest Opening Day Review!

Hey, it's me, Danny again. I've been to the park quite a few times this year, but nothing really changed all season, hence the lack of updates. I heard that the park is bringing back their Halloween event they did 6 years ago, so I'm going to be doing a photo trip report! The other guy, Gary Baker, couldn't do it as he was injured on a roller coaster in Canada. Thankfully, he wasn't one of the 3(?) that got killed. Condolences to the families of those who perished. Anyway, enough with death, and let's get to the festival celebrating death! :P

Coming up to the gate, I noticed that they changed the name to "The Northwest Horror Fest", they added fog to the now drained pool, and there's a crane in the background. Uh oh.

Doesn't look like anything changed apart from the fallen leaves here.

That crane doesn't please me at all.

Looks like they kept the names from the 1980 event. I do wish they changed this one, especially.

Table umbrellas removed for the season.

Wicked Woods is still the same name from 1980 as well.

Unfortunately, they didn't bring back the fog. :(

The paths look a bit bare without the lush trees and flowers.

The park's sitdown restaurant, Grestel got a new sign and an American Flag atop the roof. Food quality is still great! :up:

Still the same name, but it's a really good one in my opinion.

They were only running one train, as they did the few weeks before the end of the normal season, but now the one train sports a neat Blood Red engine. I really hope they do the same to the other train!

So that new Forest Walk turned into a Candy Trail for the little kids(in the day, at least. ;) ). I gotta say, the candy they gave out was pretty sweet(pun intended). They gave out those new Airheads, Hubba Bubba, Skittles, Gummi Bears, Cow Tales, Sour Patch, all the good stuff.

Fire Hazard, another returning name. I must say, there isn't too much Halloween stuff here besides the trees, music, and some scare actors(they avoid kids).

Now for Log Run! They say it's returning next year, so that's good.

It appears that they're removing the large section of flume where nothing happens. Guess it's too much maintenance for nothing.

I think it's going to turn into the drop now, instead of meandering around.

A new name here, they changed Tea Party into Tea Parting. Very subtle change, but hey, it's Halloween. Also, no fog here either.

What's this?!? Construction? It doesn't look like they're touching American Thunder, so that's good. Also, if I'm not mistaken, that looks like a concrete truck. Huh.

The back path of the park was supposed to be a huge 'scare zone' with quite a few scare actors roaming around.

Ooh! So scary! :roll:

Here's where it started to get interesting. Since Sky Rider is closed for the season, the park decided to turn the stations into 2 different haunted houses/walkthroughs. This one here was themed to an abandoned Hospital. It was pretty scary, not gonna lie. They had a lot of scary actors in hidden places, it was quite dark, and the actors got quite close to you. I'd rate it 7/10.

They expanded the building a bit to fully enclose it.

HELLO! This literally scared me for a bit! The park actually built a castle! There's no way I couldn't check it out!

It was another haunted house. This time with a real story- Dracula. They grouped you together with a few other people, and was given a tour guide. As the guide took you through the castle, scary effects went off, and a few actors came out. At the end, Dracula bit the tour guide, and turned into a vampire! The now-vampie guide then chased us all out of the castle. It was quite fun! It was a lot more compelling than the other one, with a lot more effects. 8.5/10

The exit comes into the little plaza for Swinging Swashbuckler.

Speaking of which, was decked out in fog! The music also set the mood for an abandoned harbor with a very faint and distant fog horn once in a while. The fog really upped the cool quality.

Got a picture of the construction. Looks mostly like land clearing.

The food court didn't change

American Thunder had a red X on it. Probably due to the construction. I hope the park tells us what the plans are!

Omnisphere was showing a scary show on the Legend of Sleepy Hollow. It was alright. Not the best, but certainly not as bad as Halloween 3. I give it a 6.5/10

Speaking of Sleepy Hollow, they renamed Stallion to The Headless Horseman.

Still running smoothly, though. :up:

Executor was a really cool name last time.

It looks like they expanded this station quite a bit.

Waiting in line for it, you can see where the temporary wall starts.

And how far it goes.

The maze itself was alright. The setting was a metropolitan zombie apocalypse. It had a cool set with some nice lighting, but the actors were a bit bland. They weren't scary, and stayed in open sight. One cool thing was that it had a bit where you jumped down from a balcony. It was only like a 3 foot drop, but the perspective they used make it look like 20. I guess they did this because they also enclosed the start of the actual chairlift, which goes up. Anyway, I rate this a 6/10. Meh actors, cool jump and lighting. If it weren't for those, it'd easily be a 4/10.

As the day went on, Grestel got busier.

In fact, the entire park got busier! I think the park nearly hit gridlock.

However, it seemed that everyone went to the Haunted Houses, as the rides were dead! Wicked Woods was 10 minutes!

Train of Terror was nearly a walk-on.

As night fell, the Candy Trail turned into the Death Trail. Oh boy, was I excited.

I waited a bit for it to become fully night time, then I went into the walk through. It was entirely in fog, by the way.

It starts with some pumpkins of a hill.

More pumpkins. (Sorry about the floating bit. The game doesn't like me.)

Soon, you came upon a graveyard.

Then a hill of gravestones and a creepy windmill came upon you.

There were a few actors that came out of the woods to scare you. They didn't have time for posed pictures, so I got this one on a walk to scare a few guests.

There were a few animated things. These arms actually tried to grab your leg! Scary!

A trail of skulls lead to an area of death.

This is what happens when you try to bring Communism to the US! :P

The French Revolution was not a fun topic for me in school. This Guillotine actually dropped once in a while.

A few more animatronic hands

Then came a line of animatronic trees!

The path then leads back to the entrance area.

Wow! That was really good. The use of animatronics was really well done, the actors really caught me off guard, and was legitimately scary. 9/10 for sure!

That's just about it! Thanks for reading this! See you all next time!
-Danny F.

Join the SFGAm Fan Discord! https://discord.gg/bNrTj9P

The Voyage | Goliath SFGAm | Skyrush | Maverick | Viper SFGAm | Outlaw Run | Thunderhead | TTD | Lightning Run | Thunderbird
Guy_With_A_Stick

Postby Guy_With_A_Stick on May 21st, 2016, 4:51 pm
October 21st, 1986. Danny Frankston, Local Enthusiast. Northwest Horror Fest in the snow!
Hey everyone, it's me once again. Today, I went to the park again to check up on everything. Something interesting to note before I begin is that it began to snow this past week, which means that the park is now covered in snow! Unfortunately that also means a few rides are closed/broken.

A picture from the parking lot to prove that it snowed.

One downside to it snowing is that the concrete bits of path kind of blend in with the snow, making it somewhat of a surprise to step in a bit of snow.

Grestel was especially packed today as it had heating.

I went down the Candy Trail again just for the sake of candy, and noticed that the construction from last update extended to here with some landscaping. Hmmm...

I rode Fire Hazard next, and looked over to see if anything happened with Log Run. There was still a crane, but all of the detached structure has been removed, and it looks like a replacement turn is hiding in the trees.

Closer shot of the area.

The Quest wasn't running due to the cold temperatures.

IT'S A COASTER! Don't know what type yet, but it looks like it'll wrap around American Thunder. Let the speculation begin!

The Headless Horseman/Stallion was also down for the cold. Bummer. :(

That's pretty much it. Can't wait to find out what the new coaster will be! :D

-Danny F.

The Voyage | Goliath SFGAm | Skyrush | Maverick | Viper SFGAm | Outlaw Run | Thunderhead | TTD | Lightning Run | Thunderbird
Guy_With_A_Stick

Postby JaminOut on May 21st, 2016, 6:12 pm
Looks like a nice sized family coaster we be added to the park's lineup!

I gon' cut you...
JaminOut

Postby Guy_With_A_Stick on May 23rd, 2016, 3:05 pm
JaminOut wrote:Looks like a nice sized family coaster we be added to the park's lineup!

You'll find out exactly what today, and you're not too far off! ;)
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
October 29th, 1986. Michelle Smith, Chairman/CFO. 1987 Announcement!

Hello all! It's me, Michelle once again. Today is the day we announce what is going to happen for the 1987 season! Let's get started!

First, we would like to announce a renovation of Log Run! This Arrow Dynamics log flume opened in 1981 as the park's only water-based attraction. However, due to the lack of logs(we are only able to have 4) and long ride time, we had an hourly capacity of 200 people per hour. But now, the park and Arrow Dynamics have teamed up to redesign the ride and improve the capacity from 200 to 650 people per hour!

One of the changes includes state of the art logs that include lapbars, better guide wheels, and 2-person rows! This will already double the current capacity.

Probably the largest change is a layout modification. Instead of meandering around the top of the ride for 2 minutes, the log turns straight into the drop! This will not only shorten the ride time and increase capacity, but it will also decrease the maintenance needed to keep the ride running and decrease the amount of water needed to run the ride smoothly.

In addition to the ride modifications, we are adding water jets to the section right after the first drop and before the main lift hill. Guests waiting in line will be able to squirt those on the ride with water jets designed to soak those who go through it.

The other water jet location.

And now, the biggest addition to The Northwestern Adventure in 1987 is....

NOVA

NOVA is a trackless roller coaster with bobsled-like cars designed by MACK Rides. Astronaut recruits will board specially-designed Space Shuttles, and embark on a one-of-a-kind voyage through the cosmos.

Featuring two different launch sequences(sorry, not actual launches), astronauts will cross over American Thunder, race through intense low-ground turns, and will sway and turn with no specific path.

The voyage will also include near misses with itself throughout the trip, including one with other astronauts!

Recruits will board via Space Station, and will be able to get a view of the Solar System before their trek.

This, along with many other minor improvements will be ready for all guests May 9th, 1987! See you all then!

-Michelle S.

Guy_With_A_Stick

Postby JaminOut on May 23rd, 2016, 4:26 pm
Interesting choice of location. It seems a bit crowded by Nova now with the flume and two coasters, though.

I gon' cut you...
JaminOut

Postby Guy_With_A_Stick on June 8th, 2016, 8:54 pm
JaminOut wrote:Interesting choice of location. It seems a bit crowded by Nova now with the flume and two coasters, though.

Yeah, I was also kind of iffy on the location, but I also wanted to save some space for some future additions that will come to the park in the future. ;) Also, Log Run is completely separate from American Thunder and Nova. Nova and Log Runs' entrances are semi-close together, but still a fair distance away(think American Eagle and Goliath). AT's entrance is on the other side of the park.
May 9th, 1987. Alex Nelson, Photographer and Enthusiast. Opening Day 1987 + POVs!
Hello everyone, my name is Alex Nelson. I'm a coaster enthusiast from Helena, and I also like to photograph pretty much anything. So I combined my two interests, and here I am! I came to opening day to be one of the first people to experience the brand new Nova bobsled coaster! Despite me living only 2 hours away, I have yet to visit this park, which is quite sad considering I'm a coaster enthusiast. Whatever, let's get to the trip report! It is a long one, so stay with me.

Upon arrival, I noticed how good the entrance looks! Even though it is the 10th anniversary of the park, the place looks brand new! Yes, I know the entrance and lot are 2 years old, I just wanted to point it out.

Along with my picture camera, I also brought my video recorder! Before I go record stuff, let me give a bit of backstory. I've known Gary Baker, the uber enthusiast of the park, since Middle School. We've been friends through College. I had to move to Helena for my Photographer job, but stayed in touch. When I told him about my visit and my desire to record on the rides, he said he knew a few people that could get me a Media pass, which allowed professionals to mount cameras onto rides and such. Gary himself couldn't make it, he's still in rehab from that accident he got in, but was still excited to see Nova. So here I am, going to pick up my Media Pass from Guest Relations.

Because I decided not to stay at a hotel, and that I had to get my Media Pass, I got in the park a few hours after the gates opened. This fountain at the front was really nice and modern!

I decided to ride Traffic Jam first, as it was right there. Also, if I'm not mistaken, these signs are new!

Holy crap this had a long wait. 30 minutes for some bumper cars? I still pushed through(no pun intended), and managed to ride it. It was pretty fun. The fog and lights made it a lot cooler. I wouldn't wait 30 minutes for it again, though.

This is a pretty iconic, generic image, but I wanted to have one for my scrapbook. It is nice, though.

The Ferris Wheel, SkyView had a fairly long line. Forgot to take pictures on it, though. :(

Next, I rode Lumberjack, the park's Arrow Looper. Thankfully, the Media Pass allows for me to go through the exit, so I avoided a 2 hour line. No thanks. Anyway, here's the POV of the ride:

https://youtu.be/LbVhu8a9Rlw

My thoughts? It's very fun and intense. The turnaround after the loop is a head jerker, but everything else is pretty average for an Arrow of this age. Also, those final 2 bunny hops are insane ejector.

Went on Rocky Mountain Railroad next, the park's Arrow Mine Train. It had a 45 minute wait. Media Pass away!

I must say, the way it's right up against the path makes it look a LOT larger than what it actually is. POV:

https://youtu.be/hl6WUNCwBgY

This is by FAR the most intense Mine Train I've done. I've been on Carolina Goldrusher, both Big Thunder Mountains, and Cedar Creek Mine Train. None of them come close to this. Sure, it doesn't have the length other mine trains have, but it makes it up with the speed, intensity, and consistency. Or at least for a Mine Train.

Boy, is this photogenic!

The way the path comes so close to the track makes for some nice shots!

Here we are! The moment everyone's been waiting for, Nova! Thank god for the Media Pass. This had a 3.5 hour line! I can see why, but holy crap!

Peeked my head down the queue to see the length of this. From my understanding, the queue goes under the station, has quite a few switchbacks, and comes up and around. Anyway, POV time! :D

https://youtu.be/iEsInqQGaMM

I've done a fair few of the Intamin Bobsleds, but this was MACK Rides' first in the US. And I must say, this is a hell of a lot better than the crappy Intamin ones. The consistency seriously makes up for the choppiness the Intamin ones have with their never ending MCBRs. This only has one(two if you count the pre-lift one), and it's a lot better than two. Also, when I rode another time, I got some really neat American Thunder action around me, which really added to it. Not to mention that the station is amazing.

They had a stall here that sells both Soft Serve Ice Cream, and that weird freeze-dried "Astronaut Ice Cream" stuff I find repulsive. The kids who bought it seem to enjoy it, though.

Did Fireball next. Average fairground flat, nothing special.

I skipped Spiral Slide as it had too long a wait for what it was.

Decided to try the apparently 'New and improved' Log Run next. It didn't have too long of a line, hence why I decided not to skip the line.

They had these 'Pay-to-Spray' things in the queue. You insert a quarter, get the people riding wet! It didn't have buttons, which was odd, but then I realized that they automated it when the car comes past. Very cool!

It was a massive flume, though.

Even though it was 80 degrees out, not many people were riding. Not too sure why.

Even though the splash barely touches the bridge, they have chain fencing here to get people in line wet. I guess the original version had a larger splashdown.

This was apparently the old area part of the ride went through. Hopefully they add something here. Here's the POV:

https://youtu.be/5M2bT7BTBxw

It was a nice little flume. Even though it had little theming, it certainly did it's job of getting you wet! I said the splashdown doesn't reach the bridge, but it certainly reaches the boat! I was soaked!

They had a Troika called the Fun-o-Matic. Didn't ride because I didn't feel like it.

I did ride the nicely themed Tea Party though. It sort-of dried me off. If you pass it, and it has no line, I'd say ride it.

Time to cred whore!

Generic Wacky Worm with a neat station/theme. Nothing much else. I had to film a POV, though:

https://youtu.be/NmujkcnXgZM

See above for my thoughts.

They had an in-house slide here. It had a nice view over the valley.

Like I said, it had a nice view of American Thunder and Nova.

I rode the absolutely MASSIVE Pirate Ship ride. This thing provides LOADS of air. Definitely ride!

Had food at the Food Court. I had Italian Beef, Fries, Root Beer, and a Cinnamon Pretzel for dessert. I liked dessert a lot.

There was a neat sculpture in the center!

Rode American Thunder next, because it was there. It was a walk on, too! *Score*

Snapped this in the line. Nice Photo Op.

You get a nice view of Nova in line.

It's even better in the station!

POV:

https://youtu.be/RIvmxdsKqVM

This thing was a great woodie! Nice and long, nice laterals, some great airtime. That banked double down was the strangest element I've seen, but in a good way. It had airtime that pushed you up and to the side. Very strange, but I love it.

Saw the really neat 3D space film in this really neat theater. I guess the space film has to do with Nova's debut. I really recommend it!

Skipped the Chairswing, but I had a good reason to...

This baby right here.

Stallion was a ride where I followed it's construction, so it was surreal to finally ride it.

The double down drop looked mental.

Uhh, POV....

https://youtu.be/IJ0Wi7BQhhg

This thing was fantastic! The drop was to die for, the airtime was great, and that rockfall really made the midcourse a lot better! Definitely a must ride here! Something to note was that on another ride of this, the train stalled on the lift for a good 20 minutes. We were all given Line Skip passes(not that I needed it), but I used it on Nova. Not waiting 3.5 hours!

Rode the enterprise, as I love these things. It wasn't the best one I've been on, but I guess being 10 years old has some downsides.

Jumped up on a bench to snap this. Man, this place is crowded!

That's all I have! I tried to ride (almost) all the coasters at least twice. Definitely a great park for both families and thrill seekers alike. I do think a few more kiddie-based rides could do the park well. Hopefully Gary will be back next time so he can continue the updates once more. If not, I'll see you all soon!

-A. N.

Guy_With_A_Stick

Postby JaminOut on June 8th, 2016, 9:26 pm
Seeing the POV of American Thunder makes me wonder how people haven't been seriously injured on it. The coaster looks like it could easily snap a person's neck!

I gon' cut you...
JaminOut

Postby RollingCoasting on July 11th, 2016, 9:59 pm
Is there going to be a park download? :D
RollingCoasting

Postby Guy_With_A_Stick on July 17th, 2016, 5:38 pm
JaminOut wrote:Seeing the POV of American Thunder makes me wonder how people haven't been seriously injured on it. The coaster looks like it could easily snap a person's neck!

How so? I think it's an average woodie from the time period. Also bear in mind that this was retracked just a few years ago(in-game time).

RollingCoasting wrote:Is there going to be a park download? :D

Hmm... I might think about it when I'm done with the park. It will require quite a bit of CS, CTR, and CFR though. I will certainly think about it though! :)
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
June 23rd, 1988. Gary Baker, Park Legend. 1988 + Huge announcement!

Hey everyone! Sorry it's been so long. I was involved in the Mindbender Accident back in 1986, and had to go through quite a bit of surgery. Thankfully I am 100% recovered now, and I'm still a huge enthusiast. But now I have quite a large "hatred" for Schwarzkopfs. I will probably ride new ones once for the cred, then never bother with them again. Anyway(as GWAS), I also am skipping a large chunk of time to get the story moving. It's a bit boring for the time being. This will be the only 1988 update, then maybe 2 or 3 for 1989. After that, I'll be back on normal updates. Now let's get into the update!

It's been a while, but this still looks brand new!

Alex told me about the new signs, and I must say, they look really nice.

Stallion had a walk-up line, so I decided to hit it up next. It's still running pretty good, although the turn out of the midcourse jerks you a bit more than I remembered. Still my favorite at the park.

You can't beat a drop like that! <3

Oh, what's this? A new path?

NEW for 1988: The Northwestern Amphitheater

For the 1988 season, the park decided to FINALLY build a Live Entertainment venue. It has 2 levels, and can seat up to 500 people.

Because it was just constructed this year, the park didn't have a specific show for this year. Instead, they are going to be giving locals a chance to perform their own music(or covers of other songs).

I must say, it's quite a large building despite only housing an audience of 500.

You can sit at ground level, or on a balcony.

They had a little wall/entrance at the end of the path as a way for staff/performers to go backstage.

Inside, you immediately notice how huge the stage is.

Here's a comparison of the stage to the seating.

You get a much better view from the balcony in my opinion.

A view of the entire theater.

A better view of the seating.

I saw one of the showings(no photography), and I gotta say, it was pretty good. The performance was a group of college kids who started a garage band(not surprising, considering the Pacific Northwest started the genre). The beat was on-time, the notes were hit correctly, and the entire performance was really well done. They clearly knew what they were doing.

Then I remembered I still need to ride Nova!

You go underneath the station, which has a bit of space theming.

After emerging the station, you get real up close and personal with Lumberjack.

The inside of the station was really cool. There were miniature models of planets(which actually spun, by the way), volumetric stars, and the operation booth was a Star Wars-type space craft. Really neat theming on this one.

The ride itself was pretty neat. I rode Sarajevo Bobsleds at Six Flags Magic Mountain, and it was alright. This one was a Mack version, and it was SO much better. It isn't going to beat Stallion, but it's above RMR. It was quite long, and was pretty intense for a bobsled. The ride was very compact, giving the ride a much more intense feel to it. The interaction with American Thunder was also really cool. I didn't get a chance to ride with a train running passing under us, but it was still a really neat experience.

The Cinnamon Pretzels are still good! I could eat them all day. <3

And now for the big announcement! It's not about the park, but rather me and Michelle Smith. We've been secretly dating for the past 2 and a half years, and have just got engaged!

That's right! We are getting married! Not 100% sure on kids yet, as she essentially has an amusement park to run, but you'll never know. We might work something out. ;) Our wedding is currently planned for August. We won't be doing anything crazy, just your average wedding. Still deciding on a Honeymoon. :P

That's all for now! See you all in 1989! :)

-Gary Baker

Guy_With_A_Stick

Postby RollingCoasting on July 19th, 2016, 2:23 pm
The amphitheater looks really nice. I wonder if it'll be converted into a dark ride in 25+ years. :wink:
RollingCoasting

Postby Guy_With_A_Stick on July 19th, 2016, 3:55 pm
RollingCoasting wrote:The amphitheater looks really nice. I wonder if it'll be converted into a dark ride in 25+ years. :wink:

This is a bit of a shorter update with quite a lot of reading, but it's super important to the story of the park.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
May 15th, 1989. Michelle Baker, Park CFO. CEO Scandal?!
Hello everyone! It's Michelle BAKER here! Me and Gary had a wonderful wedding and Honeymoon at St. Thomas. But while I was gone, some shady things have been going on at the park. Well, not at the actual park, but rather in upper management. You see, I was supposed to get the final draft for the park's 5 Year Expenditure Plan in the days before me and Gary went on our Honeymoon. I didn't get it by the time we left, so I just assumed that I'd get it when we got back. When we finally came back, the Plan was still missing. I contacted numerous other Upper Management members, all of which never got back to me. Nothing new was added for 1989. Nothing. No new rides, shows, food, not even new trash bins. When it finally came time, I met with other Upper Management members and asked where the Plan was. Some said they didn't know, some said that they thought I had it, and a few said they had it, when in reality they had an early draft. It was seriously annoying. Some time passed, and we're here in May. When I looked at the bi-monthly financial report, I noticed two things that I did not know about: 1) A loan of $2,000 was taken out. We payed our last loan off in 1986 after Tierco gained control of the park. And 2) $12,000 was mysteriously spent on an unidentified investment. Here's the report from this year(ignore the first two months. A downside to having a Sandbox park is that you don't have any Financial reports. Had to make another park with finances turned on) :

As you can see, we have a $2,000 loan out, and spent $12,000 on "Other". It was at this time when I realized that something was wrong. I went straight to Greg Davies(Park President)' office. He clocked out 10 minutes before I got there. :roll: I peeked in his office anyway, and noticed that there were a LOT of files and documents on his desk. It was too late for Pre-Season stuff like inventory, staffing, and maintenance, and it was far too early for Post-Season stuff like inventory(again), financial reports, and future development. This was extremely suspicious. If he were there, I'd probably be fired. However, I looked through the files, only to find them all involving drug and narcotic trade and sales. I was in awe, but in a bad way. Greg Davies, the Park President, spent the park's money on drugs. I immediately called the police. They found him in his home along with dozens of crates full of meth, marijuana, cocaine, LSD, and a bunch of other narcotics. The police are currently investigating to see if anyone else was involved. I don't think anyone else in Management would be involved. Or at least I hope not. Here's the story that the Missoulian did:

Yesterday at around 3:20, President and CEO of local amusement park ‘The Northwestern Adventure’ was arrested on charges of involvement with an illegal trade network involving cocaine, meth, and marijuana products. This was discovered by the park’s Chief Financial Officer, Michelle Baker. After realizing that the park’s 5 year Expenditure Plan was not released, she knew something was wrong. “Being the Chief Financial Officer, the final draft for the Expenditure Plan is extremely vital to the park’s future. When I found out that it wasn’t going to be released, I had to find out why”, says CFO Michelle Baker. “I then found out that $12,000 was removed from the park’s budget. This is enough money for a medium-sized roller coaster. I tried contacting other Executives, but none of them got back to me”. The park was at the end of a 3 year plan in 1987 with the addition of the NOVA roller coaster. Last year, the park invested in a Live Entertainment venue. This year would’ve been the start of a new 5 Year Expenditure Plan. “I later payed a visit to the office for Greg Davies, the former President of the park. After arriving, I found files full of drug trade documents and lists.” says Baker. She called the police soon after, finding Davies in his home with crates full of drugs and other narcotics in his possession. Tierco Parks has been reported to be in the process of selling the park after the news broke.

If you read the entire thing, you'd notice that at the end, Tierco may be in the process of selling the park. This is unfortunately true. We've gotten quite a few offers already, including Cedar Fair, Six Flags, and Kennywood Entertainment. If we don't strike a deal soon, we might be in trouble again. And on top of our current financial predicament, a new amusement park opened 3 hours west of here in Iowa, meaning that we have some competition now.

Until next time,
-Michelle Baker

Guy_With_A_Stick

Postby RollingCoasting on July 19th, 2016, 4:36 pm
I like the drama aspect that the update brought to the park. Reminds me of that park, Connecticut's Great Adventure.

Anyways, I'm going to guess the park will become Six Flags Northwestern Adventure (Or Six Flags Montana) for 1990.
RollingCoasting

Postby JaminOut on July 19th, 2016, 6:11 pm
My bet would be on Six Flags purchasing the park, but I feel that Cedar Fair would do more economically for the property.

I gon' cut you...
JaminOut

Postby Guy_With_A_Stick on July 21st, 2016, 10:47 pm
RollingCoasting wrote:I like the drama aspect that the update brought to the park. Reminds me of that park, Connecticut's Great Adventure.

Anyways, I'm going to guess the park will become Six Flags Northwestern Adventure (Or Six Flags Montana) for 1990.

Thanks! I loved reading that park on RCTLounge as well. I've yet to find it after the closure. Hopefully I can.

You'll have to wait on the park's future for this one, unfortunately. The next few updates will show what'll become of the park, however!

JaminOut wrote:My bet would be on Six Flags purchasing the park, but I feel that Cedar Fair would do more economically for the property.

Next update you'll find out. Stay tuned! ;)

I have a survey for everyone today! Your opinions can shape this park's future!

Clicky: http://goo.gl/forms/wm9wjmpMWuYsi8jq2

Guy_With_A_Stick

Postby RollingCoasting on July 21st, 2016, 11:55 pm
Here's a link CGA. http://www.shyguysworld.com/index.php?topic=10821.0

He hasn't updated it in a while though. :cry: I was really looking forward to the Scorcher.

Oh, also, I submitted my survey response. :twisted:
RollingCoasting

Postby RollingCoasting on August 12th, 2016, 10:33 pm
Just going to guess that the next ride is a product of HUSS. 8) :wink:
RollingCoasting

Postby Guy_With_A_Stick on August 13th, 2016, 12:42 am
RollingCoasting wrote:Here's a link CGA. http://www.shyguysworld.com/index.php?topic=10821.0

He hasn't updated it in a while though. :cry: I was really looking forward to the Scorcher.

Oh, also, I submitted my survey response. :twisted:

Oh thanks man! I've been looking all over for it! And thanks for your response(s...)! :)

RollingCoasting wrote:Just going to guess that the next ride is a product of HUSS. 8) :wink:

Bah humbug.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
January 14th, 1990. Michelle Baker, Park President. New Parent Company revealed!

Hey guys, it's Michelle here once again. It's been a crazy 7 months. We finally were able to finish the deal for the new Park Operator, and finally finished the case for Greg Davies' Drug Scandal. Let me get through all the Scandal stuff first.

So the Investigation ended mid-July. Thankfully, nobody else in Management was involved. The trial begun mid-October(it was originally going to be in August, but got pushed back due to another case), and lasted until mid-December(I know it took long, but there was one stubborn Jury member who hung the Jury for a while). The sentence was given just the other day due to the Holidays. He was found Guilty on charges of Drug Possession, Trafficking, and Distribution. He will spend the next 15 years of his life in Prison. And unsurprisingly, he also received a Lifetime Ban from the park.

Now onto the happier topic! We have been negotiating with numerous companies who were interested. Many companies decided to drop out of the deal, but two have remained loyal. Six Flags, and Paramount. Both have negotiated with us for the past few months, and we have finally decided who to accept. The new Parent Company for The Northwestern Adventure is...

Six Flags! And as you can see, our name was changed from 'The Northwestern Adventure' to 'Six Flags Northwest'. It will take a bit of getting used to, but it's a welcome change.

Speaking of changes, there will also be some renaming throughout the park! No major coasters will be renamed, but a few of the flat rides will be.

Typhoon will be the new name for our Schwarzkopf Enterprise, Right-Side Down. With the new name, it will also sport a new paint job and light package.

Whirligig will be renamed Americana Swings for next season. Why an American theme? Well let me tell you.

This upcoming season, we will divide the park into 4 areas; Main Street(the main entrance area, and path that runs from the now-named Typhoon to Rocky Mountain Railroad, American Adventure(from Stallion to Kiddie Kingdom), Kiddie Kingdom(retaining the same borders), and County Fair(rename for Dizzy Land). They're not the best areas, but they'll get the job done.

There won't be any new rides for 1990(for obvious reasons), but we will be showing a Wild West-themed Stunt Show at the Northwest Amphitheater. It will be much more story-driven, and have more stunts than the version we played from 1978-1983. The actors/actresses are currently practicing their parts as we speak, and will be ready for Opening Day, which will be Friday, May 18th, 1990.

For Management, there will be quite a few position shifts and new members. To replace Greg Davies' CEO(well, President now) position, it won't be a new member, it will actually be me! That's right! I am the new Park President! It's both scary and exhilarating to know that I am going to be the President of an amusement park! I will be sure to make smart decisions that will help the park thrive as the top destination for families and thrill seekers in the American Northwest.

That's pretty much it, I think. Very exciting times lay ahead! I hope to see you all in May!

-Michelle Baker

Guy_With_A_Stick

Postby RollingCoasting on August 13th, 2016, 12:53 am
Yayyyyyy.

I saw this coming, though I expected "Six Flags Montana." :P
RollingCoasting

Postby RollingCoasting on October 2nd, 2016, 9:08 pm
Pumped for the next update... Whenever that will be :cry:
RollingCoasting

Postby RollingCoasting on October 16th, 2016, 12:35 am
R.I.P Six Flags Northwest

Sorry about your computer Cam

Btw, future additions were:

1991 - Huss Condor
1992 - Huss Breakdance + Diner
1993 - Gotham City Expansion (Includes Batman)
1994 - Joker Chaos Train - Dinn Woodie (Never Opens)
1995 - Bugs Bunny National Park + Website
1996 - I don't remember
1997 - I also don't remember. Either 1996 or 1997 was a new kiddie coaster to replace The Quest
1998 - Lex Luthor's Drop of Doom
1999 - 3 Flat Rides
2000 - Medusa (B&M Floorless) or MAYBE a B&M Hyper
2001 - Eli Bridge Scrambler
RollingCoasting

Postby RollingCoasting on December 18th, 2016, 10:48 pm
Quadruple post, but...

Cam, can you PLEASE release the park for download? I know it doesn't work on your computer but you don't have to load up the game to get the file
RollingCoasting

Postby Guy_With_A_Stick on December 18th, 2016, 11:01 pm
Alright, but you'd need all my CS as well to make it work. I'd have to post both the park AND my Style/Themed folder(as well as all the other CS I used). I'm quite busy at the moment(Finals Week), so maybe it'll be my Christmas Present to everyone. Stay tuned! :)

ALSO, I am considering starting another project, but I'll wait to see if it's best done on RCT3 or Planet Coaster. It won't be anything big, but it'll still be interesting to say the least. ;)

ALSO(pt. 2), I decided to give the full park plans(additions and major story points) here as well, just to tide everyone(RC) before the download goes up.

Anyway, here are the full park plans:

*1978- Trioka and Stunt Show
*1979- PTC Woodie: American Thunder
*1980- Teacups and new Food Court and Halloween Event
*Edward Daniels retires from Park CEO, chairman and president. Greg Davies takes over.
*1981- Log Flume
*1982- Kiddie Kingdom(Wacky Worm, Slide, and Tugboat relocation)
*1983- Dark Ride(House of Horrors)
*1984- Von Roll chairlift. Financial depression. Gary Baker fired. 3 rides close to get funds.
*Financial Depression: Premier Parks Invests in Park, 3 year plan, $15,000,000 USD Investment, $7,000,000 for spending. Premier Parks buys out park.
*1985- Family Wooden Coaster- Stallion and 3D Theater(IMAX)- OmniSphere Theater to replace Stunt Show. New entrance and lots of cleanup
*1986- Pirate Ship- Swinging Swashbuckler and return of Halloween event.
*1987- Mack Bobsled- NOVA and redo of Log Run
*1988- Event Venue/Arena. Gary Baker and Michelle Smith announced to be engaged.
*1989- Nothing due to suspicious drop in park's budget. Park President, Greg Davies discovered to be involved in a drug scandal. Gets arrested, Tierco sells park to Six Flags in fear of revenue loss.
1990- Six Flags takes over park. "Six Flags Northwest" is new name, Michelle Smith is Prez. Some Rides Re-Named.
1991- Condor, HUSS Condor
1992- Restaurant and Break Dance(Huss Breakdance) as first few steps towards new area- Gotham City. Not official yet.
1993- B&M Invert: Batman: The Ride along with new area- Gotham City
1994- Wooden Coaster from Dinn Corp. added to Gotham City
Coaster crashes at high speeds during human testing. All 4 people on ride die. Coaster is found to have many flaws. Coaster stands SBNO for a while, then a Fire erupts, burning coaster, 1 nearby ride that will get removed, some nearby buildings, and sends 7 guests to hospital for 3rd degree burns. Coaster is removed, and due to previous incidents. Park attempts to sue, causing Dinn Corp. to officially close for good.
1995- Bugs Bunny Ntl. Park New Website!
1996- Eyerly Monster(Octopus) to Bugs Bunny Ntl. Park
1997- Family Coaster and More Food Stuff
1998- Intamin Drop Tower
1999- Chaos, Inverter, and Falling Star added.
2000- B&M Floorless OR Hyper
2001- Eli Bridge Scrambler
2002- 1 of 2 options: Either a new water ride, or an Intamin Impulse: Vertical Velocity
2003- Top Spin
2004- Off-site Waterpark- Soaking Slopes
2005- S&S Screamin' Swing
2006- Restaurant/Food and Disk'o
Six Flags sells park. The park seeks buyer, but doesn't get one. The '07 plan from Six Flags falls through(Wiggles World to replace American Thunder. AT still removed, but not replaced until later.
2007- Abandoned
2008- Abandoned
The park closes mid-July due to lack of funds. Edward Daniels re-invests into the park, making it independent once more. The new company called Northwestern Entertainment opens doors to new locations(very few seen)
2009- General improvements
2010- 3D Theater Replaced with Frisbee, and New Slide at Soaking Slopes
2011- SkyFly(StarFlyer) and Food
2012- Ion- Sci-fi Mack indoor Launch coaster
2013- Slingshot
2014- B&M Wingrider
2015- Either waterpark upgrade or Flying scooters
2016- Chance Hyper-GTX
2017- Gerst. Sky Fly and a Zamperla Endeavour to replace Typhoon
2018- 4D Dark Ride in the Amphitheater

So, yeah. That's the park. I've had an amazing time with it, and hope you all have too. Happy Holidays everyone. :)

Guy_With_A_Stick

Postby RollingCoasting on January 6th, 2017, 4:04 pm
Merry Christmas! ..Oh... wait.. It's January :p
RollingCoasting

Postby Guy_With_A_Stick on March 5th, 2017, 1:22 am
Ok, sorry about the 3 months delay, but it's finally here! The NWA Download! If you follow all the steps the ReadMe says, you should be set to load the park,

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B581N4 ... sp=sharing

Enjoy! :)

Guy_With_A_Stick

Previous

Return to Games