Great America
Roller Coasters
Rides
Hurricane Harbor
Water Slides
Water Attractions
Advertisement

Dells Amuesment Park

Talk about RCT 2, RCT, No Limits, Hyper Rails, Scream Machines or any other Rollercoaster related game here.
Postby Cole on February 6th, 2011, 10:27 am
Milwaukee Journal Sentinel wrote:January 18th, 1979
We have received word that a group of Entrepreneurs have purchased about 200 acres of land in Lake Delton, WI. The land is heavily wooded and right off of the lake, close to Downtown. Apparently their intentions are to make this an “Amusement Park.” This “park” would be about three and a half hours away from Marriot’s Great America. Our own John Myers stoped by to see the progress on the park.

Hello Everyone! My names John Myers, I have been assigned to follow the construction and progression of this park being constructed in the Dells. I stopped by today, and as got as close as I could to this property. Here are the shots I took.

Driving in to the newly constructed employee parking lot.

You can already see some progress being done on some park buildings.

Are those construction markers I see?

We'll keep you updated as this story unfolds!
-John Myers
Last edited by Cole on February 14th, 2011, 5:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Top 5: 1) El Toro. 2) Maverick. 3) Millenium Force. 4) Diamondback. 5) X2.
Coaster Count: 167 (41 Wood, 125 Steel)
@Coaster_Cole on Twitter
Cole

Postby Cole on February 11th, 2011, 11:30 pm
March 2nd, 1979

Hello again everybody! John here again, with more updates on the park citizens are now calling "Project Delton". Its really the stir of the town, and even the state these days! Everyone (including me) is excited to see how this will turn out. Anyways I stopped by the park earlier today and I wanted to share what I found. Enjoy!

The parking lot has recently been completed.

This is what you will first drive through before entering the parking lot.

And this is what you'll see before leaving the park!

The wooded area around it really makes it look spectacular.

I think it turned out really great! A great first impression of the park!

Looks like things are about to get intresting...

Ill have more updates up soon!
-John Myers
@Coaster_Cole on Twitter
Cole

Postby Cole on February 12th, 2011, 12:07 am
May 13th, 1979
Hey everybody! John again with some exciting news!

Today the park entrance was completed.

This building looks great!

To the left and right you can see what looks to be like customer service windows.

A park employee told me that the turnstyles will be installed closer to opening day.

Theres still alot of land to be cleared, but sources tell me mass construction on rides and buildings will start soon!

I'll make sure you get all the scoop on Project Delton!
-John Myers
@Coaster_Cole on Twitter
Cole

Postby Goku1910 on February 12th, 2011, 6:11 pm
If you wanted to make the construction pics more realistic, it should have been more like all the land was already cleared and then do construction all around little by little. Don't do it building by building and using the working your way down method. The only land that shouldn't be cleared is what you plan to use for an expansion at a later time...like a waterpark or something like it.
"I've been told that some part of every wish will be heard but lately I lost sight of the truth in those words."
Goku1910

Postby Cole on February 14th, 2011, 5:42 pm
April 4th,1979

Hey everybody! My friend Steven who is one of the park planners/engineers, invited me to check out the parks latest project. This project is the completion of the "centerpiece" of the park, as he called it. Its a Intamin Rides Double Skywheel that the park is calling the "Wisconsin Wheel". We'll see if thats the name they stick with. He also told me that the owners made a multi-ride deal with Intamin, and that more Intamin rides will start construction soon. Hmm...

This is definatley a different site!

The ride is truly a masterpiece.

An overview of the queue.

Signage is yet to be put up. Again, lots of finishing touches will be done before the park opens next year.

Wisconsin, through the trees!

In other news, the interior of the park entrance/customer service building was recently completed.

Soon employees will be here helping customers!

Im excited to take a spin, on this beautiful ride! :)

See you guys later!
-John Myers
@Coaster_Cole on Twitter
Cole

Postby Cole on February 14th, 2011, 5:43 pm
April 4th,1979

Hey everybody! My friend Steven who is one of the park planners/engineers, invited me to check out the parks latest project. This project is the completion of the "centerpiece" of the park, as he called it. Its a Intamin Rides Double Skywheel that the park is calling the "Wisconsin Wheel". We'll see if thats the name they stick with. He also told me that the owners made a multi-ride deal with Intamin, and that more Intamin rides will start construction soon. Hmm...

This is definatley a different site!

The ride is truly a masterpiece.

An overview of the queue.

Signage is yet to be put up. Again, lots of finishing touches will be done before the park opens next year.

Wisconsin, through the trees!

In other news, the interior of the park entrance/customer service building was recently completed.

Soon employees will be here helping customers!

Im excited to take a spin, on this beautiful ride! :)

See you guys later!
-John Myers
@Coaster_Cole on Twitter
Cole

Return to Games