Great America
Roller Coasters
Rides
Hurricane Harbor
Water Slides
Water Attractions
Advertisement

Another RCT2 issue

Talk about RCT 2, RCT, No Limits, Hyper Rails, Scream Machines or any other Rollercoaster related game here.
Postby [jonrev] on December 2nd, 2009, 8:03 pm
Now having a problem with creating scenarios. I was once able to build bridges over highways and etc. to another half of a park (Kentucky Kingdom-style), now whenever I do that (own construction rights) the peeps refuse to cross the bridge, and I cannot build anything in these "construction rights" areas.

What am I doing wrong in scenario editor?
[jonrev]

Postby SFaddiction84 on December 3rd, 2009, 12:34 am
Did you check to make sure you have those "construction rights" completely? I could be that your missing just square along the pathway but it still let you built the path on that square anyway!
Trips Planned 2009: ?Unsure?
SFaddiction84

Postby rct2wizard360 on December 3rd, 2009, 12:53 am
Why are you dealing with construction rights in scenario editor? Just own all of it 100%
"I get to go to lots of overseas places, like Canada." -Britney Spears
rct2wizard360

Postby [jonrev] on December 3rd, 2009, 2:45 pm
SFaddiction84 wrote:Did you check to make sure you have those "construction rights" completely? I could be that your missing just square along the pathway but it still let you built the path on that square anyway!

That's what's been happening, I'll set the squares for construction rights along where the bridge will go, then when I place the road under the bridge it wipes out the construction-rights squares, making it so I don't own the land at all.
[jonrev]

Postby zjohn1988 on December 3rd, 2009, 7:06 pm
People still play RCT2?? :shock:
http://themeparkcritic.com/scripts/profile/ViewProfile.asp?ViewID=2909
A furious storm once roared `cross the sea, catching ships in its path, helpless to flee. Instead of a certain and watery doom, the winds swept them here to Typhoon Lagoon!

*****Are you ready to Rockit?!*****
zjohn1988

Postby rct2wizard360 on December 4th, 2009, 12:05 am
I'm not fond of rct3 at all.

My username isn't bias at all I swear.
"I get to go to lots of overseas places, like Canada." -Britney Spears
rct2wizard360

Postby [jonrev] on December 4th, 2009, 1:06 am
zjohn1988 wrote:People still play RCT2?? :shock:

You would be surprised. Alot of people that were too used to the interface of RCT2 never liked RCT3.
[jonrev]

Postby DejaVu2001 on December 4th, 2009, 8:56 am
My issues with RCT3 are way more than just the interface. More like how badly the game lags if you try and make a decent sized park. And many of the flat rides have been changed to look worse, like the carousel now looks like a kiddie carousel at a carnival. Also, the wooden coasters supports look horrible unless the camera is right next to it.
DejaVu2001

Postby [jonrev] on December 7th, 2009, 7:34 pm
Any other ideas?
[jonrev]

Postby traincrossing9 on December 9th, 2009, 12:49 am
[jonrev] wrote:
SFaddiction84 wrote:Did you check to make sure you have those "construction rights" completely? I could be that your missing just square along the pathway but it still let you built the path on that square anyway!

That's what's been happening, I'll set the squares for construction rights along where the bridge will go, then when I place the road under the bridge it wipes out the construction-rights squares, making it so I don't own the land at all.

Could you try building the road first and then buying construction rights? I'll try and figure this out on my RCT2.
13 - GateKeeper
14 - Millennium Force
15 - Enchanted Tales with Belle
traincrossing9

Postby [jonrev] on December 9th, 2009, 12:53 am
That's what I originally tried, and I didn't find out I didn't own construction rights until I had the park done and tried to build the bridge over the road. I've also tried owning the rights, then building the road over it and that just seems to erase the fact I own the rights.

What's weird is I've built parks with footpaths over the road using "own construction rights" several times in the past. I don't know why it now will not let me. This same park is also giving me crap with the banner limit; it stopped letting me add banners after only 9.
[jonrev]

Postby Goku1910 on December 9th, 2009, 9:28 am
[jonrev] wrote:Any other ideas?

If the bridge is going above ground, try making the bridge two-clicks steep stairs upward before going past the construction rights area. If it's a smooth slope, use 4-clicks.

It's worth a shot. :?
"I've been told that some part of every wish will be heard but lately I lost sight of the truth in those words."
Goku1910

Return to Games