Great America
Roller Coasters
Rides
Hurricane Harbor
Water Slides
Water Attractions
Advertisement

PTR Michigan/Canada Credit Whoring

Let us know how your day at the park was.
Postby tp41190 on January 6th, 2009, 12:55 am
Hey we planned on hitting up all the Michigan Jeepers and then Wild Zone in Chatham, Ontario Canada. We had fun!

Totals:
days- 2
bottles of soda- 16
money on gas- $60
money on hotel- $30 per person
times pulled over- 1
times our car got searched by police- 2
money spent- $125

Images are cut off
To see full images (right click on image, then select "view image"

HERE ARE THE PICTURES

the adventure started Friday night I had to get my Go Bananas credit in chicago. yeah i showing off my hat

he already got the credit so he sat out

yeeah

only mature people will get this joke :wink:

i still see jeepers

ended up only getting 30 mins of sleep because we were having a RCT2 play off...and we got up around 7

im locked in the back seat for the next 9 hours of driving :twisted:

windows were to dirty

the GPS aka "Nancy" didnt have a charger that worked so we were lucky that it didnt die and we only had it on when we needed it.

we passed this car, pulled off so I could put oil in the car (was 2 quarts low) :shock: then we passed it again about 45 mins later

this was Jeepers #1

I let Aaron use my video camera so I could take pics

CREDIT!

i see a big ball

Michigan is like a mirror image of home up in Wisconsin

Jeepers #2 see the slogan change? Also the closer we got to detroit the cheaper the tickets got. Chicago was $3.75 yet these were all $1

woohhh!

yeah I cant wait to go on it again!

ghetto

the anticipation is building the closer we get to detroit

bored...

Nancy...please dont mess up!

its like were going into hell

were NOT going in there without a weapon...yes it was THAT scary in the mall. It was a Saturday aswell so it was packed. We got so many evil looks and comments we just wanted to get out of there

this credit was AMAZING. Fast Lift, trimless, LOW ceiling. I actually hit my head on it.

this one had strobes in the tunnel

notice the slogan?

we already had got pulled over in Michigan because they had suspicion of drugs...and now were getting into Canada. The border patrol didn't understand why we would go ride a kiddie coaster and stay for the night so they had to search our car.

this is where we stayed. It was part of the resort of "Wild Zone"

there looking at the breakfast billboard like it heaven

to bad it ended up sucking and being overpriced

we can drink, go swimming, ride rides, smoke, whatever...where in Canada. But of course someoene had to credit there Crapper credit.

i got the cot

we also made legal Krantom Tea

the "BEER RUN"!!

I really loved it here

looks more like "weeds"

I guess cigarettes in Canada are all white filters. I had American Newports (the brown filters)

its too early and im not with it

lol

we then played pool

they also had a roller scooter maze

intense game! I kicked ass

then we played shuffle board

i love the Canada Dollar

wooow

thank god, I did not want to exchange another $20

the operators though we all had wrist band and they never took out tickets (we even asked and they didnt care)

we had to ride everything

theres the Tivoli small

this coaster was fun, too bad we broke it :lol:

it had a tunnel

they also had a big ass mirror maze. This was when the supervisor asked for tickets. The 1 op that operated the rides and rode with us got yelled at :( She was even giving me looks ;)

they will never know where back here

leaving

back into the car

WEEDS INN

Canadian McDonald's

Canadian walmart

look all the way to the left...you can the the "?" sign

at the border

back in Detroit...its a ghost town

back in Chicago at 11:00pm had a 2.5 hour drive back to Wisconsin. and I snapped this

and I leave you with this

_______

More Pics and Videos coming soon
[read]
tp41190

Postby Ragingbullmaniac on January 6th, 2009, 2:27 pm
wow you guys were right by where i live!! the jeepers near the macomb mall used to be IN the mall! thats awesome! so whats the deal with your car being searched by cops?
Life Happens..... Do What You Gotta Do!!!!
US ARMY!! HOOAH!

Next SFGAm Trip: September 2009!!
Ragingbullmaniac

Postby FParker185 on January 6th, 2009, 6:03 pm
If you tell the border agents you are entering or coming back from Canada specifically to ride roller coasters, you are labeled in their minds as up to no good, and they will search your car inside and out. Every time I used amusement parks to enter Canada I've been searched. Last few times I just said, vacation/sightseeing and they tell you to enjoy your visit to Canada and let you cruise right on though :)

Also Canada trades with Cuba, so a lot of people try and smuggle Cuban cigars back into the US from Canada which is illegal, so coming back into the US you are more likely to get searched anyways, especially if you give them a hyper-specific answer on why you are crossing the border.
Favorite Wood Coasters: The Voyage, Ravine Flyer II, Thunderhead, Balder
Favorite Steel: Steel Vengeance, Expedition GeForce, Olympia Looping
Parks visited: 222, Coasters Ridden: Steel: 822, Wood: 178, Total: 1000
FParker185

Postby BroadwayBaby on January 6th, 2009, 8:48 pm
Gee, I didn't know making complicated and distorted sex jokes equaled maturity.
"For whether you eat, drink, and whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God." 1st Corinthians 10:31
BroadwayBaby

Postby tp41190 on January 7th, 2009, 12:20 am
FParker185 wrote:If you tell the border agents you are entering or coming back from Canada specifically to ride roller coasters, you are labeled in their minds as up to no good, and they will search your car inside and out. Every time I used amusement parks to enter Canada I've been searched. Last few times I just said, vacation/sightseeing and they tell you to enjoy your visit to Canada and let you cruise right on though :)

Also Canada trades with Cuba, so a lot of people try and smuggle Cuban cigars back into the US from Canada which is illegal, so coming back into the US you are more likely to get searched anyways, especially if you give them a hyper-specific answer on why you are crossing the border.

Well it started with "we are going to a indoor theme park/resort"

then they asked:
-what is your purpose
-whats so special about this place
-where is it
-why
-why
-why

he was just being a real dick to us. I was texting on my phone and he was like "WHO ARE YOU TALKING TO"? Then when they searched out car we parked and the people where like "park over there" and we said "oh well they told us to park over here". Then the person was like "WELL IM TELLING YOU TO PARK OVER THERE"!

We also had kratom tea in our car but we didn't know where it was. It is legal in Chicago and it looks just like weed in the baggy and everything. Turns out it was sitting under the seat, which they checked. When we got pulled over in Michigan for using the left lane on the interstate, you cannot drive in the left lane unless you are passing, the cops gave us a hard time for the tea because they though it was drugs. And the tea is just a depressant that is like a buzz off of pain killers and a few beers. But it is legal almost everywhere.
[read]
tp41190

Postby Galvan317 on January 7th, 2009, 1:55 am
Strange, when I went up there we told him we were going to theme parks and he was like.."um, well enjoy your stay in Canada?" and let us through. Whole thing took maybe 2 minutes.

The US people on the other hand total dickweeds.
Galvan317
Webmaster/Site Admin

Postby onyxhotel08 on January 7th, 2009, 1:56 am
It's why I don't drive that much and when I leave out of state I ALWAYS fly. Hate driving anyway. That coaster looks awfully familiar...
13 Years with SFGAm World!
onyxhotel08

Postby tp41190 on January 7th, 2009, 2:35 pm
SFGAm07 wrote:Strange, when I went up there we told him we were going to theme parks and he was like.."um, well enjoy your stay in Canada?" and let us through. Whole thing took maybe 2 minutes.

The US people on the other hand total dickweeds.

I think that it depends on where you cross. Niagara Falls is more of a tourist area so they might be used to it. We crossed in ghetto Detroit.
[read]
tp41190

Return to Trip Reports