Great America
Roller Coasters
Rides
Hurricane Harbor
Water Slides
Water Attractions
Advertisement

Worlds of Fun in Kansas City

Let us know how your day at the park was.
Postby Soxman on June 2nd, 2003, 6:39 pm
For my memorial day weekend I went to K.C. to see family. I went to Worlds of Fun twice during my trip. It is a much smaller park than Great America, but I was really surprised. Cedar Fair really has a great little park. The landscaping was phenominal. It was also the most clean park I have seen sice Disney. The park boasts only four coasters, but there were enough flat rides to keep me busy. Mamba is their hyper coaster.(Not a Twister) It reminds me of Raging Bull, but is not as intense. The great thing about Mamba is the train. The bullet style train really makes the ride seam faster and adds a little suspense on the lift. Only sitting two a row makes the ride more enjoyable. The next coaster is the Boomerang. The Boomerang is DeJaVu, but not inverted. Great Thrill and the best part about it is that it runs everyday unlike some other shuttle coasters I know. Their woodie is Timberwolf. This ride was the worst experience of the park. Timberwolf makes the Eagle look smooth. I know back in the early 90s Timberwolf was one of the best woodies around.(Not Any More)The final coaster was the whole reason why I wanted to be at the park. The Orient Express is Worlds of Fun Arrow Looper. It is not just any looper either, due to the inter-locking loops. It also had a Kamikaze Kurve (Pretzel Loop) like Shockwave. Their are rumors galore that The Orient Express won't be around next year so I was glad I rode it. The second time I rode the O.E. the wait was bad due to the fact that the ride only has one train operational. The flat rides were great. I was able to ride The Cajun Cliffhanger and the Hay Bayler.(Same style different name and ride) They also had a Space Shot that was fun. Another surprising item I noticed was that each flat ride was open until closing and had two staff members. I would love to see Six Flags have more flat rides and actually keep them open until closing. If you would combine Great Americas Coasters with Worlds of Fun flat rides and work ethic with keeping the park clean and rides operational you would have a great park. Worlds of Fun may not have the most coasters, but it was a wonderful experience for a THEME PARK nut. It is not in any way a Coaster Park like Great America. It really opened my eyes.
Soxman

Postby NoUseForAName on June 3rd, 2003, 5:54 pm
Not as intense as Raging Bull? Raging Bull is a walk on the beach on the intencity scale. Anyway Morgans do look fun to ride, any air time on the traditional Morgan ending?
Deja Vu, Intensity Over Reliability.
NoUseForAName

Postby Soxman on June 3rd, 2003, 6:12 pm
I mean intense as in the first drop and air time. Both rides aren't hard on your head like shockwave was, but Raging Bull seemes to have more air time along with a better drop. Coming Back on Mamba was fun, but it was just a series of straight bunny hills. You have a lap bar and a seat belt so you are pretty snug in Mamba, which takes away from some air time. Obviously I would take a Hyper-Twister over a regular Hyper anyday because of the turns and banks.
Soxman

Return to Trip Reports