Great America
Roller Coasters
Rides
Hurricane Harbor
Water Slides
Water Attractions
Advertisement

SFGAM Trip Report 7/8/11

Let us know how your day at the park was.
Postby voodoopug on July 11th, 2011, 4:06 pm
This will be a slightly different trip report as I took my five year old son to GA, ergo the ride list is a bit different compared to what we normally read here, but I thought those of us who bring their kids to the park may appreciate it.

We arrived at 6PM and after getting his 42" wristband at guest services (he's closer to 46" tall, but still feels important having the bracelet!), we headed over to the Demon. Line stretched almost all the way to the line entrance, but none of the back and forth queues were used. Wait time was about 30 minutes for back car...I forgot how much smoother Demon is in the back car! We then headed over to Kidzopolis, waiting 1 ride cycle each, he rode Krazy Kars, Krazy Kups, and Up Up and Away.

After that, we rode Fiddlers Fling (one cycle wait)....I'm still dizzy and questioning whether or not I can handle this ride anymore as I get older (yes, I'm a ripe old 33). Next was Jesters Wild Ride (one cycle wait). Line for Little Dipper was about an hour or more, so we skipped that one. Next he went to Camp Cartoon and rode the little Ferris Wheel and Flintstone cars with no wait. Before leaving Camp Cartoon, he rode Spacely Sprocket Rocket (20 minute wait). Next was the East River Crawler (10 minute wait).

We went back around to the other side of the park thinking the crowds would die down...they didn't, pretty busy for a Friday night. Got the last ride on the Triple Play, hit the Orbit twice (walk on) before they prepared for the parade and got one more ride on the Demon (back car, 25 minute wait this time). We finished our night watching the Glow in the Park Parade...which both of us enjoy quite a bit and headed to the exit. A good night for the little guy as he fell asleep in the car about 10 minutes after we left the lot!
voodoopug

Return to Trip Reports