Latest News
Great America
Roller Coasters
Rides
Hurricane Harbor
Water Slides
Water Attractions
Advertisement

MOA, Nick Universe PTR. Sometime in February.

Let us know how your day at the park was.
Postby Cole on October 15th, 2010, 9:13 pm
Well, a few months ago me and my buddy went to Mall Of America for a weekend. It was my second time there and I had a blast. We went on every ride multiple times, and basically everything was a walk-on. Spongebob and Avatar are both great rides. Anyways to the pictures. (Sorry for the picture size, these were taken on my iPhone before I became a super nerd like I am now)

Mandatory MOA picture.

What we came for!

Ehh..

Rode it backrow, and I have to say, this is not a bad ride. Nice speed and some fun turns.

Brainrush construction

There you are, beatiful!

Signage.

If your sitting on the left side of the train, backrow, you get some good hangtime on this zero-g.

Helix of deeaath.

Once your at the top, you get this OMFG feeling looking over everything. The ride doesnt look that tall but once you get up there your scraping the cealing. I rode Spongebob 20 times and it never got old.

At the time I thought this ride was awesome, but Ive just been on way to many of these.

First drop, taken from Log Chute.

Twiisstty!

Intamin goodness!

If your in a good seat, this thing is just an insane ride. To bad the capacity sucks, and the lines can get long.

I cant decide which is better, Spongebob or Avatar.

Awesome flume!

The drop seems really steap.

Orange Streak!!! Yay!

The actually is pretty steap.

MOA has a nice package of flats. Thrilling yet family friendly.

Really fun drop tower. Even though its short, it bounces up and down and gets your stomach turning.

Ehh.

I won!

Anyone have info on the model of this ride? Best flat at the park and one of my personal all-time favorites.

I think the themeing was better when it was "Tree Topper"

This is a crazy ride. Sorry, no action pictures.

We finished off our trip with saying goodbye to Avatar and Spongebob, then drove six and a half hours back home. Thanks for the awesome trip MOA! We'll be back soon!
Top 5: 1) El Toro. 2) Maverick. 3) Millenium Force. 4) Diamondback. 5) X2.
Coaster Count: 167 (41 Wood, 125 Steel)
@Coaster_Cole on Twitter
Cole

Postby coasterkid94 on October 17th, 2010, 5:41 pm
Nice PTR. I'm really impressed by how many attractions they can cram into such a small space. Do you pay a flat fee for admission or do you pay for each ride individually?
coasterkid94

Postby Chitown on October 17th, 2010, 6:08 pm
I finally retired the Sarah Palin signature because she is now 100% irrelevant.
Chitown

Postby Coaster Justin on October 18th, 2010, 6:00 pm
Their Flume ride is really good.

I wish Gurnee Mills had an Indoor Theme Park (It Could Work.)

Also
http://www.flatrides.com/Ride%20Index%2 ... ntanz.html
926 Coasters around the World! Countdown to 1000!

http://sfgamworld.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=15272

Runner Up of the 2017 SFGAmWorld Elimination Thread
Coaster Justin

Postby monsterfan99 on October 21st, 2010, 6:27 am
^There is that pesky thing called a ceiling. And I am willing to bet SF would fight it legally.
monsterfan99

Return to Trip Reports