Great America
Roller Coasters
Rides
Hurricane Harbor
Water Slides
Water Attractions
Advertisement

Sat 9-11-10 Summary

Let us know how your day at the park was.
Postby runawaytoga on September 13th, 2010, 2:38 pm
For those of you wondering how the weekends are now that GA is closed on weekdays......it is crowded, but the lines aren't that bad. We went on Sat 9/11/10 and it was Cheerleading day and several company picnics seemed to be going on. There were a lot of people, but the lines were not too bad. The longest we waited was 20 minutes, and that was for Viper. We had 4 skip the line passes which we used on V2 (I still don't know why I ride that because I feel like I am going to die each time). All the other lines were pretty short - we passed any ride up that had a long line and came back an hour or so later and it was short. All day long that happened. It looked like the lines were much longer than they actually were but when you got up closer to the platform, they were holding people back farther in the line for many rides so as not to congest the loading area I guess. It was a good day - stayed like 6 hours, rode everything we wanted to (and keep in mind this was with 4 kids in tow) then headed home..... until.............. we realized our keys were somewhere under a roller coaster - most likely Iron Wolf. Hopefully they find them soon - filled out a lost & found - will update if we actually do get them back. Should be interesting - fortunately had a spare to get home with..... Note to everyone else - always bring a second set of keys just in case.......
runawaytoga

Postby Philly 589 on September 13th, 2010, 4:36 pm
Doesn't two keychains weigh you down?
Roller Coaster Maniac
"...From the rooftops, shout it out..."
CP Trip July 27-29

My Top 5
1.Maverick
2.Millenium Force
3.Top Thrill Dragster
4.Raging Bull
5.American Eagle (both)
Philly 589

Postby Luxornv on September 13th, 2010, 8:05 pm
Philly 589 wrote:Doesn't two keychains weigh you down?

You could keep them in your car if they are just house keys. As for an extra set of car keys, keep them in a bag you'll put somewhere secure that's not in your car. Or have a car with keyless entry and everything will be fine. As for keys you actually need, it's only a house key and a car key, so it won't be that much extra to you. I always have my keys on a lanyard and clip it to my belt no matter where I go. So even when I'm at a park, I won't lose my keys.
Luxornv

Postby Ilovthevu' on September 13th, 2010, 8:35 pm
I think it wasn't that bad because the rain scared some people in the morning.
"I've been staring at the world, waiting. All the trouble and all the pain we're facing. Too much light to be livin' in the dark. Why waste time? We only got one life. Together we can be the CHANGE. So go and let your heart burn bright"
Ilovthevu'

Postby runawaytoga on September 15th, 2010, 4:25 pm
UPDATE !!!! We got our keys back today! Six Flags lost n found is awesome! They are all greasy and oily like they were sitting in some part of the track for 2 days, but at least we have them. I am so happy becuz one key on there was a one of a kind to a door that we never made a spare key of. As to the questions above...... Yes, two keychains weighs you down. I just bring the car key with me, but my HUSBAND is the one that mistakenly brought his whole giant keychain in his darn pocket on all the rides and forgot it was there. I am just so unbelievably shocked that we have them back within 4 days of losing them. That is great service!
runawaytoga

Postby tribar on September 15th, 2010, 6:52 pm
Were they by Iron Wolf
tribar

Postby runawaytoga on September 17th, 2010, 11:06 am
Not sure which ride they found them under - they came with a standard form letter. That would be interesting to know though. They came regular mail in a big white envelope. I am still impressed - it took my husband about an hour to clean the grease off, and the car alarm thing even still works!
runawaytoga

Return to Trip Reports