Great America
Roller Coasters
Rides
Hurricane Harbor
Water Slides
Water Attractions
Advertisement

Knotts Oct 16 2010

Let us know how your day at the park was.
Postby Galvan317 on October 19th, 2010, 2:04 pm
Looks like they made a mistake

While walking to Knotts we saw chicken tracks in the sand

Imposters?

New gigacoaster

Love it when parks put subtle jokes in the park...there is a game at the very front of the park called Demon Drop

They were actually running 2 TRAINS on Silver Bullet, Ghostrider, Jaguar, and Sierra Sidewinder. I don't think i've ever seen that on 4 rides at Knotts at the same time

Some of the employees were wearing the Haunt sponsor shirt

And some were wearing their normal costumes

Rode Silver Bullet in the front row and it was running really well

Ghostrider was running really well also but we sat in the front, probably would be a much different story in the back

Cool train details

Best part about re-visiting parks....watching my friends that don't have the credit ride the Boomerang (and SLC where applicable) while I stand in the exit and laugh

The best and worst coasters in the park
Galvan317
Webmaster/Site Admin

Postby Galvan317 on October 19th, 2010, 2:20 pm
They finally started painting Xcelerator

The new shells for this train were visible while on the ride but not from the ground, they looked really cool...Evel Knievel type American paint-job with flames on the front and sides

Yes Xcel was actually open!

It was nice to ride Xcelerator again but I don't want to imagine how bad that line got with 1 train op later that night during Haunt

Jaguar was next

One of the better shuttle loops out there thanks to the flywheel launch and less braking on the return trip

The attractions name is very bold on this sign

Here you go Lundy

I think Pony Express had just re-opened that day...the other train was under tarps

I think this speaks for itself

A crane next to an Intamin? No way

Skycabin is closed for good to be replaced with Windseeker

Rode Xcelerator a few more times

This would be very painful

Ate lunch at Portillo's down the street at the Buena Park Mall

Which is just one of two in California

Apparently this auto repair company is not for hire
Galvan317
Webmaster/Site Admin

Postby Director_Guy on October 19th, 2010, 8:18 pm
Hahaha, thanks.

Looks like a great trip, even if it's only Knott's. Gonna go check out the Disneyland one.
Every jumbled pile of person has a thinking part that wonders what the part that isn't thinking, isn't thinking of.
Director_Guy

Postby tp41190 on November 2nd, 2010, 2:10 am
I wonder if the Snoopy Bounce there is used in the same manner by employees as the one in Cedar Point does after hours ;)
[read]
tp41190

Return to Trip Reports