Great America
Roller Coasters
Rides
Hurricane Harbor
Water Slides
Water Attractions
Advertisement

What do you hate most at parks

Talk about anything that has to do with the amusement park industry here.
Postby highroller13 on July 15th, 2003, 1:52 am
i HATE the fact that they close rides on certin days. they should put it onthere web site in advance so you won't be surprizedi also hate people who say dumb stuff, i will never forget, last year while i was in line for deja vu a guy in front of me says "i wonder how fast it go's" when he was standing right in front of sign with that exact info.i can't stant when people force others to get on rides with them, because those people always scream the loudest. and last year when iwas in line for giant drop i noticed a little girl like4-5 years old whos mother forced her to get on it with her. i felt sad because the girl was balling when she left.
highroller13

Postby DejaVuGurl1203 on July 15th, 2003, 4:35 am
lol, I remember when my parents (who don't even go on coasters) and my brother forced me onto BTR when I was 10. I was probably the loudest screamer on that train. At least I didn't come off crying, and after my ride on that I became a coaster enthusiast. Ah, the memories.Anyways, I hated the fact that last year, for Deja Vu, a sign said the wait would be 12-14 hours or something. I didn't believe it because it would be impossible, especially since the park is only open for up to 12 hours. I also hate when they sell things that are too expensive, such as fastlane passes. I can't really think of anything else right now, if I do I will post it later.
DejaVuGurl1203

Postby SFGA 11 on July 15th, 2003, 8:05 am
I hate it when people exagerate in the park.I heard one kid at SFGAM say that CP has 20 coasters and 9 of them are connceted at the other 9 are over 100 M.P.H, lol. I don't know why, but I also hate it when people say, "lets go on the big red one" or the "big green one". :lol:
SFGA 11

Postby goldmember on July 15th, 2003, 8:25 am
I hate smokers in the que line and the outrageous prices of the food. Ignorant guests that cut you off or use up the hole path (how they do that I have no idea) really irritate me. I was at the park the other day and I heard 2 guys saying that "CP has this coaster called Gemini that is bigger than Raging Bull". That gave me a good laugh.
My Top 5: 1)TTD, 2)Millennium Force, 3)Raptor, 4)Deja Vu, 5)Raging Bull
goldmember

Postby T_Biggs on July 15th, 2003, 9:48 am
I hate people who can't use the shift key in combination with the letter 'I' when it is used alone, as a word. (Hint hint.)I hate line smokers, people who let people get on their nerves for saying the wrong stats, people who continously spit out stats of rides, people who use redundant phrases, Po!nters (a Po!nter is not the same as someone who enjoys Cedar Point. A Po!nter is one who says everything else at Park-X sucks compared to Cedar Point,) and most of all, train stacking when you are on the train and want off!
T_Biggs

Postby planea380 on July 15th, 2003, 10:03 am
I hate people who spitt on and foff the ride. They need to learn some respect for others.
planea380

Postby SFGAMan on July 15th, 2003, 10:37 am
DejaVuGurl1203,Where was the sign that said a 12-14 hour wait. Thats rediculous. No one waits an entire day at the park for one ride. And there's no way in hell a line is that long. And the park actually postsed that?!!I just cant stand when this happens:"Does it have any loops?""No.""Oh, then it sucks."
SFGAMan

Postby Timmy179 on July 15th, 2003, 10:57 am
I [/u] hate the admission prices, the go cart prices, space shuttle america, mean streak, sfmm, and last but not least six flags commercials
Around the world and back
Timmy179
Member Spotlight Guy

Postby coasterguy on July 15th, 2003, 1:49 pm
The put that X will be closed every Wednesday for maintinance on there website.
16 Rides on TTD
10 in Front
4 in front at night
John kerry's got a big head
coasterguy

Postby Do I Know You on July 15th, 2003, 2:43 pm
I hate people who scream on the chainlift and Po!nters.
this is a signature
Do I Know You

Postby Aero737 on July 15th, 2003, 11:19 pm
Smokers and litter. I also hate people who treat parks like their backyard and do whatever they want without thinking of the other guests...well peopel are selfish.
Aero737
The Mod Squad

Postby SFGAMan on July 16th, 2003, 8:56 am
Oh I forgot, the gum on the sign that says "do not have any gum or candy in your mouth during ride..." and so on. (Thats not word for word. I dont know what it really says) :)
SFGAMan

Postby goldmember on July 16th, 2003, 9:06 am
I forgot to say that I hate the incosiderate people that throw their gum on the ground which always seems to find a way onto the bottom of my shoe. It seems that every time I go to an amusement park I step in gum.
My Top 5: 1)TTD, 2)Millennium Force, 3)Raptor, 4)Deja Vu, 5)Raging Bull
goldmember

Postby SfGaMownz on July 16th, 2003, 9:16 am
Hmmm....I hate lines :evil:.
SfGaMownz

Postby coastrcorey on July 16th, 2003, 6:13 pm
Smokers in line get me really bad... I usually fake-cough up a storm lol, just to make sure they get the hint ;).
coastrcorey

Postby highroller13 on July 16th, 2003, 8:58 pm
LOL, I hate smoke too.
highroller13

Postby srossfne on July 20th, 2003, 5:12 pm
WOW finally this topic came up.I was at Dorney park the other day, and someone was like yea there are people that do this stuff all summer. LIke ride rollercoasters and stuff, like some Entusiust dont have jobs or something.Then when i was at SFNE some kid was on SROS and was like ya there is a wooden rollercoaster in OH that is over 300ft. Iam like WOW shut up!And at SFGADV the other day someone was like ya Batman is like 5 years old, and medusas only a couple. I said Batman is more like 10 years, old, but i dont know if he heard me.THese people think they know ever thing. Like we cant expect them to know everything but why do they say it if they dont know. Where do they here this stuff.I did hear someone at dorney that was like, ya iam the B&M king, and iam like YAHH, that is what i sould like. But he wasnt even smiling when he came off talon. Damn i laugh when i hit the brakes on that coaster, till i get off, then i run down the stairs and get inline again. he was no were to be seen, so he was a lier.Plus i dont like how SFGADV doesnt tell you the wait time.
ride counts:Dominator red: 20Talon: 27 Steelforce: 10
srossfne

Postby holydumb26 on July 21st, 2003, 10:37 am
I hate the GP and how ignorant they can be.Yeah they say really stupid stuff like someone said that Dare Devil Dive was a CRANE for the deconstrution of shockwave. Yeah all those people swinging back and forth on it are emploees falling from the crane :shock: . Also I hate when people line cut and when the smoke in the queues even though theres a sign right on the wall the shows a cigarette being crossed out THAT MEANS NO SMOKING. I have alot more I just can think of them
holydumb26

Postby SFGAmfreak4life on July 21st, 2003, 11:33 am
I hate when people smoke there. When they throw gum on the ground. When people spit all over the place including on the hand railings.Just a few weeks ago I was in line for the Demon and I overheard this guys conversation. He was talking to his friend about CP. He was saying how he goes there all the time and how much better it is than SFGAm. His friend asked him if CP was owned by a company. His friend said no CP isnt owned by a company. I was going to tell him that Cedar Fair runs the park but I didnt want to but in on the conversation.Just yesterday I heard someone say lets go on that really big purple and red one (they meant RB). Then when I got out of J.R. Peabodys (came out of there after getting off of Viper) and a family was standing right next to Viper. They were yelling at each other becuase they couldnt find it. I said its right there. They just said thank you and walked into the line. The GP can be so annoying.
R.I.P. Deja Vu 10/07/01-10/28/07
SFGAmfreak4life

Postby srossfne on July 21st, 2003, 2:49 pm
People are so ignorant, i cant wait to post what i hear next at an amusment park.It will probably be that the wild mouse coasters are the tallest coasters in the world! lol! :D
srossfne

Postby Dre on July 21st, 2003, 3:50 pm
Well I can't blame the GP for being ignorant, I just hate it when they think they know what they're talking aobut but they actually don't. Then they go around saying stuff even though they're wrong. I mean don't go around spreading false facts unless you actually know what you're talkng about!
Dre

Postby whiteygabe1998 on July 21st, 2003, 5:13 pm
I hate the guys/girls that look like there drugys and are stoned in june i was there and inline for suf and his eyes where almost shot and his mouth was wide open. And if it dosent have loops/twist it dose suck. aka vipper and wizzer.
whiteygabe1998

Postby coastrcorey on July 21st, 2003, 5:35 pm
So you're saying Raging Bull sucks? Not to mention a few others such as Millenium Force (rated #1 coaster by Amusement Today) and Top Thrill Dragster?
coastrcorey

Postby SFGAmfreak4life on July 21st, 2003, 5:42 pm
whiteygabe- You better have been joking when you said that.
R.I.P. Deja Vu 10/07/01-10/28/07
SFGAmfreak4life

Postby srossfne on July 22nd, 2003, 1:24 pm
NO i think you read it wrong, i think he meant that the drugy said that.Ya no one can blame them for being ignorant, but you just cant stand it when they say something wrong like it is right, we all feel that way.
srossfne

Next

Return to General Coaster Talk