Today is a day that many expected but few were still prepared for. Six Flags Magic Mountain has confirmed that after months of being SBNO, X2 is now permanently closed following several weeks of attacks from sensationalist "news" companies.
https://www.sixflags.com/blog/retiring-x2-magic-mountain
This is possibly the highest profile coaster closure ever. Possibly more so than kingda ka, this ride was one of the most iconic rides period, I grew up watching videos and being amazed by it, like Ka it was a major coaster from my childhood that contributed to the growth of love I have for coasters toady. I was able to ride it twice in 2017 and 2019 respectively. Even though it wasn't my favorite ride or anywhere close, I will always have a very soft spot for it. I'm sure everyone else here has history with this ride, I'd like to encourage anyone to share any memories of this ride.
