Latest News
Great America
Roller Coasters
Rides
Hurricane Harbor
Water Slides
Water Attractions
Advertisement

New Coaster at Walt Disney World - Animal Kingdom!

Talk about anything that has to do with the amusement park industry here.
Postby greatamerica2003 on March 22nd, 2003, 3:55 pm
This was announced yesterday.>>"We have on the boards,&#8221; Michael Eisner said at the annual shareholders meeting, &#8220;an approved (I don't know whether or not we've announced it so I'm always in difficult territory here) but an attraction called something Climbing Everest or . . . Mount Everest is in the title. It is the biggest and the best and the most amazing ride through the Himalayas ... consistent with the topography and the spirit of the Animal Kingdom." According to Eisner and several cast members, the ride is under construction as we speak. Our sources tell us that they are starting to widen the entrance to Asia to allow better traffic flow through the area and that there will be a new bridge as well, but that work won't start for several months. The photo at right is an artist's mock-up of the ride site, viewed from inside the park."Udpate: Our sources tell us, "(The ride) starts outdoors in an abandoned tea plantation where the villagers have all been frightened away by the yeti from the mountain. The trains will be similar to BTMRR. Trains enter the mountain, and travelers are harassed by the yeti. At one point the trains will run backwards. They are looking to open the ride in the summer of 2005. We are hearing construction sounds behind the Jungle Trek."<<
YOU ARE A FAILURE AT LIFE!
greatamerica2003
amtrak
amtrak

Postby joker on March 22nd, 2003, 3:59 pm
Man, I was just there about 2 years ago. We really didnt want to go, but now I want to go back in 2005-2006!
-Roller Coaster Enthusiast
joker

Postby coasterzak on March 22nd, 2003, 5:18 pm
What is BTMRR?
coasterzak

Postby greatamerica2003 on March 22nd, 2003, 9:52 pm
BTMRR would be Big Thunder Mountain Railroad. If you are wondering why he makes a reference to those trains, the BTM trains actually look like a real train (locomotive and cars) It's a mine train coaster.
greatamerica2003
amtrak
amtrak

Postby joker on March 22nd, 2003, 10:15 pm
Where did you get this information from?
-Roller Coaster Enthusiast
joker

Postby coastrcorey on March 23rd, 2003, 2:03 pm
That's pretty cool... Sounds like an interesting ride...
coastrcorey

Postby coasterzak on March 23rd, 2003, 4:26 pm
Yeah it does, it'll be interesting to see.
coasterzak

Postby coastrcorey on March 23rd, 2003, 6:50 pm
Disney needs more coasters anyway... That's why I'm not going there next year, because there aren't enough coasters...
coastrcorey

Postby coasterzak on March 23rd, 2003, 7:42 pm
Well Disney is more of a family park. They don't focus so much on coasters. They aren't thrill parks such as Cedar Point or Six Flags. So, I guess that's why you don't find that type of stuff. Disney only has a few thrill rides that are actually thrilling or scary.
coasterzak

Postby greatamerica2003 on March 23rd, 2003, 8:15 pm
I got the info off of intercot.com or wdwmagic.com
greatamerica2003
amtrak
amtrak

Postby coastrcorey on March 23rd, 2003, 10:52 pm
True they are family, but it would be nice just to have a couple more coasters to appeal to the older kids/people that prefer a little more intense rides.
coastrcorey

Postby Aero737 on March 23rd, 2003, 11:00 pm
well, i was just there. Too bad I probably wont be going back there for another 17 years, LOL. This ride sounds interisting, and maybe it will help boost popularity of animal kingdom. The theming sounds interisting though..yetis..lol
Aero737
The Mod Squad

Postby greatamerica2003 on April 9th, 2003, 3:17 pm
Quick update on this. Disney has trademarked the name "Expedition Everest: The Legend of Forbidden Mountain" This will most likley be what the ride is called, although Disney has copyrighted names in the past and never used them.
greatamerica2003
amtrak
amtrak

Return to General Coaster Talk