Great America
Roller Coasters
Rides
Hurricane Harbor
Water Slides
Water Attractions
Advertisement

Rumor: Six Flags Is In The Talks of Buying Sea World

Talk about anything that has to do with the amusement park industry here.
Postby _FuryBull_330_ on November 8th, 2018, 8:53 pm
Um guys I really don't know how I feel about this

https://www.orlandosentinel.com/business/tourism/os-bz-seaworld-sale-20181107-story.html
Orlando-based SeaWorld would not comment this week on a report that Six Flags is looking to buy it.

Blogger ThemedReality has reported Six Flags Entertainment is in talks to buy all or some of SeaWorld Entertainment’s parks — a portfolio that includes the marquee SeaWorld Orlando, the Aquatica Orlando water park and Busch Gardens Tampa Bay.

The report emerges after SeaWorld posted strong financials for the third quarter in a row Monday. A Six Flags spokeswoman did not return messages for comment Tuesday.

Attendance is up at SeaWorld parks and the $2.2 billion company has said it is investing in new attractions, including Sesame Street land in Orlando.
How come Lightning Rod is never open when I go.

Top 10: 1. El Toro 2. Steel Vengeance 3. I305 4. Fury 325 5. Maverick 6. Mako 7. Iron Rattler 8. Medusa Steel Coaster 9. Raptor Clones 10. Maxx Force.
_FuryBull_330_

Postby Ilovthevu' on November 13th, 2018, 12:39 am
I don't believe that Six Flags has the money to buy them. A company that is worth $2.2 billion is such a lot of money for Six Flags. Absolutely, they have been buying or leasing parks, but these parks (that they have been buying) don't get that large of an attendance number as these Sea World parks do. It's not even close. Frontier City is probably just getting by (Frontier City on it's own probably could last another 10 years or could be gone in 10 years. These are the parks Six Flags wants, in my opinion. Cheaper priced parks that they can increase their membership with). as compared to Sea World Orlando, or Busch Gardens Tampa. It's like night & day.

Six Flags Indiana Beach, is a totally different story, if that were to occur, or Adventureland in Iowa, Six Flags Magic Springs, etc, etc.

I don't like their plan though about buying or leasing tons and tons of parks. They did this before, and that's how they got bankrupt. They bought all these rides for all these parks, & they had too many parks, and thus they became bankrupt. To get out of being bankrupt, they had to sell all these parks. They plan on getting about 20 million people for an additional 7 parks. Are they kidding? The best waterpark gets about 2 million a year, and that's either Disney, or Universal. 1 of those Disney parks is open all year, and they only shut down the other waterpark a little bit each year. Florida is so much warmer most of the year than a lot of states in the US. Their SIx Flags Georgia WATER park which is an "established" park for many, many years only gets 559,000 according to the TEA attendance. 20 million, they are DREAMING! Darien Lake is the only park (out of those 7 parks they acquired) I see them getting even close to 1 million people.

Instead, to me; they should be plussing the parks in the Six Flags chain that don't get that high of an attendance because they don't have a TON of great rides such as the Great Escape, Six Flags America. Fiesta Texas, Discovery Kingdom, etc.
"I've been staring at the world, waiting. All the trouble and all the pain we're facing. Too much light to be livin' in the dark. Why waste time? We only got one life. Together we can be the CHANGE. So go and let your heart burn bright"
Ilovthevu'

Postby Coaster Justin on January 18th, 2019, 7:02 am
Ilovthevu' wrote:...I don't like their plan though about buying or leasing tons and tons of parks. They did this before, and that's how they got bankrupt. They bought all these rides for all these parks, & they had too many parks, and thus they became bankrupt. To get out of being bankrupt, they had to sell all these parks. They plan on getting about 20 million people for an additional 7 parks... 20 million, they are DREAMING! Darien Lake is the only park (out of those 7 parks they acquired) I see them getting even close to 1 million people...

I think they were saying there were 20 million people within 100 miles of the 7 parks. 13.5 Million guests live within 100 miles of Great America for example.
926 Coasters around the World! Countdown to 1000!

http://sfgamworld.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=15272

Runner Up of the 2017 SFGAmWorld Elimination Thread
Coaster Justin

Return to General Coaster Talk