Great America
Roller Coasters
Rides
Hurricane Harbor
Water Slides
Water Attractions
Advertisement

TRON ride is coming to Disney World by 2021

Talk about anything that has to do with the amusement park industry here.
Postby Necropolis on May 3rd, 2018, 5:25 pm
Recently when on YouTube, I came across this video about the TRON coaster in Shanghai, China. It looks so awesome, at least from the theatrics and lighting. The coaster itself I feel is a little reserved, but that just me. :)

Here are links to the video and the news article I googled as well:

Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=taeucixxrdM

Article: http://www.thisisinsider.com/tron-ride-disney-world-2017-7

What do you all think?
Necropolis

Postby CoasterCale on October 10th, 2018, 8:32 pm
I think it will be a great addition. However, I think that both parks are late on the trend as Tron Legacy came out in 2010.
Check out my Coaster vids
http://www.youtube.com/channel/UC_o4Mtg8LDHpRuK7rRKMdAQ

It seems like the other side always wins on American Eagle :?
Also, I've ridden Goliath 23 times in one day. HBU? :roll: :P
(Sorry in advance for unnecessary commas and parenthesis every where)
CoasterCale

Postby CoasterRiderSC on October 12th, 2018, 2:02 pm
Special effects and lighting looks very cool (unless you don't like bright lights). The ride itself looks a bit on tame side.
Single Day Ride Count Record

50 rides 8/17/2018 (Without Flash Pass - Coasters After Dark)

---- "Here we go, kids!! Here we go!!"
CoasterRiderSC

Postby Lesteraction on April 8th, 2023, 12:28 pm
If you don't mind bright lights, special effects and lighting are incredibly cool. The ride itself appears to be somewhat mild.
Lesteraction

Postby StevenNelson23 on May 8th, 2023, 8:02 am
I recently stumbled upon this video about the TRON coaster in Shanghai, China, while browsing YouTube. At least based on the theatrics and lighting, it seems amazing. Although it's just me, I think the coaster itself is a little restricted.
StevenNelson23

Postby Edwardmatthew on May 13th, 2023, 2:58 am
yeah roller coaster is itself little restricted but its fun. What about haunted house in these parks those are fun too.
Edwardmatthew

Postby Lesteraction on June 19th, 2023, 6:54 am
While perusing YouTube, I recently came across this video on the TRON coaster in Shanghai, China. It seems incredible, at least based on the theatrics and lighting. Even though it's just me, I believe the coaster itself to be somewhat constrained.
Lesteraction

Postby Dan The Coaster Man on January 12th, 2024, 6:59 pm
I've been able to get on Tron a handful of times, and I seem to like it more than most people. Yeah it is on the mild side, and for Disney standards it is short... but the launch is legitimately good (not great), awesome on-board audio, the presentation is phenomenal.
Sucker for a launch | Coaster Count: 502
Dan The Coaster Man

Return to General Coaster Talk