Great America
Roller Coasters
Rides
Hurricane Harbor
Water Slides
Water Attractions
Advertisement

The Official SFGAm Rumor Thread

A Off-Topic forum to discuss things that aren't related to the Amusement Park Industry.
Postby Cole on March 7th, 2012, 6:14 pm
BLADE wrote:It's gotta be either cajun or V2. RC would be my first guess.

Like I said before, Cajun is pretty much worthless on the rotation program. Not a big enough ride to advertise as a huge deal at another park. V2 is right.
Top 5: 1) El Toro. 2) Maverick. 3) Millenium Force. 4) Diamondback. 5) X2.
Coaster Count: 167 (41 Wood, 125 Steel)
@Coaster_Cole on Twitter
Cole

Postby DejaVu2001 on March 7th, 2012, 6:15 pm
^ No complaints here, though it wouldn't open up much room.
DejaVu2001

Postby Cole on March 7th, 2012, 11:04 pm
DejaVu2001 wrote:^ No complaints here, though it wouldn't open up much room.

Well, considering the Log Flumes are getting older, it could open up a huge space for 2015 ish...
Top 5: 1) El Toro. 2) Maverick. 3) Millenium Force. 4) Diamondback. 5) X2.
Coaster Count: 167 (41 Wood, 125 Steel)
@Coaster_Cole on Twitter
Cole

Postby BLADE on March 8th, 2012, 10:37 am
Cole wrote:
BLADE wrote:It's gotta be either cajun or V2. RC would be my first guess.

Like I said before, Cajun is pretty much worthless on the rotation program. Not a big enough ride to advertise as a huge deal at another park. V2 is right.

I know, I caught that. It could leave for other reasons though, like being sold or scrapped. RC seems like it has some maintenance issues too.
BLADE

Postby BLADE on March 8th, 2012, 2:40 pm
Only thing is Cole, your plan seems very ambitious. I can't envision the park removing 2-3 coasters in just the next 2-3 years, especially if there are plans to replace them with new ones. Six Flags cannot continue to spend $90 million on new rides every year, or they will end up back in bankruptcy. Plus this park has not been putting big stuff in lately.
Here is Magic Mountains rumored 2013 coaster that was leaked at the West Coast Bash.
http://www.latimes.com/travel/deals/the ... 3870.story
I've heard rumors of over a mile long since then too. Maverick at Cedar Point was $21 million in 2007. If these rumors are true, I could see Full Throttle costing $25 million or more. This would be Six Flags biggest expenditure since bankruptcy. That will mean less money for the rest of the chain next year. After that, neither of the Texas parks have had anything major in a while. By 2014, Great Adventure will probably be due for something huge, and St.Louis and some of the other smaller parks too.
So, if Superman were to be moved to let's say one of the Texas parks or St. Louis, I can see it only being replaced with something used, like a floorless, or a Mr. Freeze. If we put something new there, it still leaves Iron Wolfs spot open for longer, or the spot in the front open. It also seems like Great America dreads going before the zoning board. Everything they have put in the last 10 years, excluding the upcharge attractions, has conveniently been just below the 125' zoning regulation.
I think it's likely we will see a major flat in 2013/14. I've been hearing the park wants to finish and makeover Raging Bull for a few years now, so that project could still be on the table. I would imagine Eagle will get consideration for a topper track makeover in the next few years too.
The flumes could be addressed soon too. It could work best to remove the flumes and V2 together and then start over on redoing the whole area over several years, and make it like SW territory.
There will probably be a dud year in the next 3 also, with something small. So if we remove RC, V2 and SUF, what replaces them?
BLADE

Postby Coaster Justin on March 8th, 2012, 6:22 pm
So What To Replace Them With?

Cajun- New Flat Ride
V2- Giant Ferris Wheel
Superman- Scream from SFMM

Off Topic? Would love to see those Premier Rides Inverted Trains on Batman.
926 Coasters around the World! Countdown to 1000!

http://sfgamworld.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=15272

Runner Up of the 2017 SFGAmWorld Elimination Thread
Coaster Justin

Postby DejaVu2001 on March 8th, 2012, 6:27 pm
Coaster Justin wrote:Would love to see those Premier Rides Inverted Trains on Batman.

Yeah, lets just throw money at something that has absolutely no problems the way it is. :roll:
DejaVu2001

Postby BLADE on March 8th, 2012, 7:24 pm
Coaster Justin wrote:So What To Replace Them With?

Cajun- New Flat Ride
V2- Giant Ferris Wheel
Superman- Scream from SFMM

Off Topic? Would love to see those Premier Rides Inverted Trains on Batman.

I don't think that would please the general public. We already have a sit down looper and we have vertical loops and corkscrews on other rides. SUF is different than anything else at the park.
Also, how do market a ferris wheel, especially when you took out a multi million dollar attraction to do so?
BLADE

Postby Chitown on March 9th, 2012, 12:34 am
BLADE wrote: It also seems like Great America dreads going before the zoning board. Everything they have put in the last 10 years, excluding the upcharge attractions, has conveniently been just below the 125' zoning regulation.

Quite the opposite actually. Everything that SFGAm has gone before the board that is taller than 125 ft has been approved. They went to get approval for Chang at the time they thought that coaster was coming to Gurnee. The village was ready to approve it.
I finally retired the Sarah Palin signature because she is now 100% irrelevant.
Chitown

Postby BLADE on March 9th, 2012, 12:00 pm
Chitown wrote:
BLADE wrote: It also seems like Great America dreads going before the zoning board. Everything they have put in the last 10 years, excluding the upcharge attractions, has conveniently been just below the 125' zoning regulation.

Quite the opposite actually. Everything that SFGAm has gone before the board that is taller than 125 ft has been approved. They went to get approval for Chang at the time they thought that coaster was coming to Gurnee. The village was ready to approve it.

^Here is a pair of guest surveys. The top 4 on both are smoothness, speed, length, and steepness of drops. If this is the case, why does our park only give us 1 out of 4? Take for instance, X Flight. Wild Eagle at Dollywood is 210' tall,(135' drop) which gives it 6 more mph and an additional 150' in length. So X Flight could have clearly been built to better please customers. Why wasn't it?
Same thing with Superman. Steepen the lift hill another 10-15 degrees, and this would take the ride up to 140'+, which would allow it to travel another 500-700' farther and 10+mph faster. Why wasn't this done? Even in Whizzer's spot, there was room to do this. Manta at Seaworld Orlando, takes up a smaller footprint even though it is taller and longer.

http://content.sixflags.com/news/overge ... 2012-03-02

http://content.sixflags.com/news/magicm ... ter-survey
Last edited by BLADE on March 9th, 2012, 1:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BLADE

Postby DejaVu2001 on March 9th, 2012, 12:12 pm
BLADE wrote:Wizards

This has seriously got to be the most irritating ride misspelling at SFGAm :evil:
DejaVu2001

Postby BLADE on March 9th, 2012, 1:44 pm
Sorry, fixed. I must have had Potter on my mind!
BLADE

Postby Chitown on March 9th, 2012, 4:49 pm
It doesn't matter BLADE. History has shown that anything over 125ft brought before the zoning committee has been approved. Case closed.
I finally retired the Sarah Palin signature because she is now 100% irrelevant.
Chitown

Postby Coaster Justin on March 10th, 2012, 1:18 pm
I've always thought if they made rides below 125ft that they don't have to do the permits and can start construction faster and easier.
926 Coasters around the World! Countdown to 1000!

http://sfgamworld.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=15272

Runner Up of the 2017 SFGAmWorld Elimination Thread
Coaster Justin

Postby DejaVu2001 on March 10th, 2012, 1:28 pm
^They don't need to get a height variance, which saves them exactly two village meetings. All of the other building permits and codes still apply.
DejaVu2001

Previous

Return to Off-Topic Forum