Great America
Roller Coasters
Rides
Hurricane Harbor
Water Slides
Water Attractions
Advertisement

Nintendo's Compact Console Will Turn the World of Gaming on

A Off-Topic forum to discuss things that aren't related to the Amusement Park Industry.
Postby danieln84 on May 28th, 2005, 7:02 pm
NINTENDO REVELUTION - Coming 2006 (Compliments Nintendo.com ©)

This new Gamesystem from Nintendo will be switching to the NEW 12" disc format for there new games but......Theres more

Two disc formats, one slot: Instead of a tray, a single, innovative, self-loading media bay will play both 12-centimeter optical discs used for the new system as well as Nintendo GameCube discs. Owners will have the option of equipping a small, self-contained attachment to play movies and other DVD content.

Backward compatibility: The new console plays all games from the current Nintendo GameCube generation. But there's more…

The secret weapon: The console also will have downloadable access to 20 years of fan-favorite titles originally released for Nintendo 64, the Super Nintendo Entertainment System (SNES) and even the Nintendo Entertainment System (NES).

FOR MORE VISIT Nintendo <a href=http://www.nintendo.com/newsarticle?articleid=02ea1a40-ac09-4cdf-9548-91e5a4e78746&page=other>NEWS WEBSITE</a>
danieln84

Postby CoasterDude12-2 on May 28th, 2005, 7:14 pm
I'm a nintendo fan and can't wait for the Revolution. Hopefully It will resurrect Nintendo as a dominant contender in the console race.
CoasterDude12-2

Postby The Beast on May 29th, 2005, 1:34 am
Gamecube was such a disappointment. :cry: I used to spend a lot of time playing video games back when Gamecube came out, but the lack of quality titles truly hurt Gamecube. Oh well, I'm rooting for Nintendo :lol:
Justin
The Beast

Postby CoasterDude12-2 on May 29th, 2005, 11:15 am
^Lack of QUALITY titles? What are you talking about, Legend of Zelda, Metroid, Resident Evil 4, Viewtiful Joe? The Cube's problem was its structure, It looked like a toy.
CoasterDude12-2

Postby mschulz5 on May 29th, 2005, 1:47 pm
I think the main reason the Gamecube failed miserably is because they didn't follow the trend of today, which is online play. They had one game for online, and that was Phantasy Star, which, in my opinion, sucked.
'' If u commited suicide, u wouldn't be here anymore'' - Gangsta Fruit
mschulz5

Postby w00dland on May 30th, 2005, 10:41 pm
^I concur

First of all Nintendo doesn't appeal very much to the young people of today (14-25) because of it's titles, but would have a much better chance if say they put a game like Metroid online for multiplayer they would fare better.
Top 5 wood-5-Goliath 4-Ravine Flyer II 3-Phoenix 2-Voyage 1-El Toro
Top 5 Steel- 5-Velocicoaster 4- Maverick 3- Fury 325 2-Steel Vengeance 1-X2
Coaster Count: 444
w00dland

Postby SFGA Bob on May 31st, 2005, 4:03 pm
old news. I do like the idea of being able to play every game in Nintendo's past library on the Revolution, but tehy need to show us the controller and some launch titles.
I don't have a detonator; its on a timer.
A countdown timer?
No, a count-up timer. It goes from one to explode.
SFGA Bob

Postby Sireze on May 31st, 2005, 4:19 pm
[quote="coasterdude12-2] The Cube's problem was its structure, It looked like a toy.[/quote]

To tell you the truth your right! It Really looks like a toy or a square purse. LOL :lol: I used to be a video game fan (Now I'm a Computer Fanatic) but I'm Really looking foward for Nintendo to come out.
From being one of the class geeks in 8th grade to one of the most noticable ones in High School. Thats what you call "Steppin Yo Game Up!"
Sireze

Postby CoasterDude12-2 on May 31st, 2005, 5:53 pm
I'm a nintendo fanboy just to let everyone know. Revolution should be awesome. Whether or not it will resurrect nintendo or not I still do not know. Maybe when they release some details...
CoasterDude12-2

Postby RagingBull914 on May 31st, 2005, 8:07 pm
Gamecubes problems were, Microsoft, Sony, no internet, no DvDs, and not alot of games for the main group who plays games, I mean what 25 year old wants to play Pokemon! And I dont like Nintendo anyway to top it off, but lets see how there "Revolution" does. Then i'll make up my mind.
Top Thrill Dragster- One of the tallest and fastest roller coasters :)
RagingBull914

Postby Moo on June 5th, 2005, 7:54 pm
Holy crap! People on this forums that like video games! I didn't know you guys existed. Anyways, I am really excited about the Revolution, but I wonder what is going to be so "revolutionary" about it. It is most likely in the controler, because downlaoding stuff is far from Revolutionary. Also, the games that you can download from Nintendo are free.
Ugh.
Moo

Postby SFGA Bob on June 6th, 2005, 5:54 am
I'd say downloading games from all the way back to the NES is pretty revolutionarly. at the very least, I think its an amazing feature that I will put to good use. where did you hear that the downloads will be free? last time I checked, that was just a rumor.
I don't have a detonator; its on a timer.
A countdown timer?
No, a count-up timer. It goes from one to explode.
SFGA Bob

Postby Aero737 on June 6th, 2005, 1:16 pm
coasterdude12-2 wrote:^Lack of QUALITY titles? What are you talking about, Legend of Zelda, Metroid, Resident Evil 4, Viewtiful Joe? The Cube's problem was its structure, It looked like a toy.

You say those games, but those are just 4 compaired to the 10's of games that are on the PS2 or XBox, and most of the games on the PS2 or XBox recieve TONS more hype than any Game Cube game (Think Halo2/Grand Theft Auto San Andraes/Gran Turismo 4). Yes, I think the way it was targeted for little kids hurt it, but I think that Sony and Microsoft built them an empire, and it will be very tough for Nintendo to get back in the race, espically after letting gamers down by bailing out of the race and leaving everyone hanging (like Sega and it's Dreamcast).

Anyways, PC is a much better platform. Every game in the world is just a click away :wink: . Plus you get to play old school games (Mario and SONIC :D ) for free any time you want. :twisted:
Aero737
The Mod Squad

Postby w00dland on June 6th, 2005, 3:03 pm
Yeah, I loved my Dreamcast even though I was one of the people who helped it die. I still have all those games though, some quality titles in there, but some real crappers as well.
Top 5 wood-5-Goliath 4-Ravine Flyer II 3-Phoenix 2-Voyage 1-El Toro
Top 5 Steel- 5-Velocicoaster 4- Maverick 3- Fury 325 2-Steel Vengeance 1-X2
Coaster Count: 444
w00dland

Return to Off-Topic Forum