Great America
Roller Coasters
Rides
Hurricane Harbor
Water Slides
Water Attractions
Advertisement

Nintendo DS vs PSP

A Off-Topic forum to discuss things that aren't related to the Amusement Park Industry.
Postby RagingBull914 on April 23rd, 2005, 12:30 pm
What do you thinks better. Me, the PSP. Its well worth the money. Whats your thoughts?
Top Thrill Dragster- One of the tallest and fastest roller coasters :)
RagingBull914

Postby SFGA Bob on April 23rd, 2005, 2:29 pm
the price point all around is better for the DS, but the DS doesn't have a killer app yet. supposidly Yoshi, Kurby, and electro-plankton are hot, but I don't think the devs have really figured out how to use the touch screen yet. probably the only game I'd get for PSP is Lumines and Death Jr. the thing I really don't understand about the PSP is why everyone's going crazy over the ability to watch movies. who wants to watch a movie meant for a giant theater screen on a tiny little handheld screen? it almost seems like Sony rushed the PSP what with its low battery life, underclocked processor, defective buttons, dead pixels, and decapitating UMD's. on top of that there was almost zero advertising prior to the release and even during the first week of release. I think Sony thought people would buy it just because it had the PS name.

either way, its too early to tell for either system. I'm actually more interested in the next gen home consoles.
I don't have a detonator; its on a timer.
A countdown timer?
No, a count-up timer. It goes from one to explode.
SFGA Bob

Postby RagingBull914 on April 23rd, 2005, 8:15 pm
the psp movie thing is realy nice. Long trips its good. People complan about low battery life, well i put it to the test and managed to watch spiderman 2 2and a half times before my low battery life turned on. And nintendos charecters are getting realy old. IO mean thats almost all there is is Kurbi, Yoshi, and Mario anymore.
RagingBull914

Postby rct2wizard360 on April 23rd, 2005, 11:08 pm
I keep on hearing this argument over and over, first of all, half of the people in the world don't know becuase over half of the PSP's are being sold on eBay..

..When it comes down to it, they cancel out each others bad and good points.
"I get to go to lots of overseas places, like Canada." -Britney Spears
rct2wizard360

Postby Do I Know You on April 24th, 2005, 12:04 am
PSP will go the way of the Gamegear.
this is a signature
Do I Know You

Postby punkbunny24242 on April 24th, 2005, 8:54 am
I have a PSP and love it. I'm addicted to Luminas! My nephew has a DS and it just doesn't look like it has as many good games available.
punkbunny24242

Postby Danhockey04 on April 24th, 2005, 10:42 am
I prefer the DS because the PSP just isnt good in my opinion. I dislike the controls and the button placements on it, the graphics is the only thing going for it. The PSP's movies are a waste of money, $30 for a movie when you can buy it for $15 or $10 on DVD. Also, the games are expensive and arent any good, they have no good games that stick out. Like all of you have been saying, you know Mario, Yoshi, DK, Zelda, and Kurby. Nintendo has a much better game selection, it is just they havent taken advantage of it yet. And the controls on the DS is great, the dual screen is confusing at first, but a great addition to the console.
Universal Orlando Mechanical Engineer
Marathon down, Goofy to go.
Danhockey04

Postby SFGA Bob on April 24th, 2005, 10:43 am
RagingBull914 wrote:the psp movie thing is realy nice. Long trips its good.

I don't get that, though. why don't you play games on your gaming machine? I can see how the ability to play movies is a selling point and I'm sure that a lot of people like it and take advantage of it, but I really just can't comprehend why you'd watch movies on it.
A countdown timer?
SFGA Bob

Postby Dmrbug on April 24th, 2005, 11:38 am
I can't fairly judge which is better because I only have a PSP. To me the DS seem to be to much a novelty toy. I dont think Nintendo is going to support it that much. They will be having a new handheld out by xmas. Maby then once the price drops (or a Zelda game gets released) I will get one.

The PSP... now this is where my love goes. The games are a blast. Nothing is better then racing the world in the crapper over the Internet in a game of ATV or Twisted Metal. Tiger Woods is the most incredible hand held golf game I have ever played (I have played many). Lumines is like crack, and Untold Legends is just a fun dungeon crawler. I like that I can convert my TV shows over to my PSP so I can watch some TV while on lunch break at work. Another feature I love is that I can put my photos on it. I can take the memory card directly out of my Sony camera and display it on my PSP. I have tons of Six flag pictures on it so when I am talking about Deja Vu and some one asks what is it I can show them not only photos of it I can show them a video of how it runs.
Dmrbug

Postby RagingBull914 on April 25th, 2005, 4:56 pm
DanHockey04 wrote:
Like all of you have been saying, you know Mario, Yoshi, DK, Zelda, and Kurby. Nintendo has a much better game selection, it is just they havent taken advantage of it yet.

When are they going to. Its been getting sad the only way they seem to sell a game is with Mario in it. First NBA Street and now the up coming Sims 2. Were are other charecters.

Another question PS2 Game Cube or X-box

PS2 and X-box all the way, GC only seems to have Mario to me and games without him(and with him the more I think) are realy childish
RagingBull914

Postby SFGA Bob on April 25th, 2005, 6:02 pm
I've got a GCN, and XBOX. as far as exclusive titles, I love the Rouge Squadron series, Metroid Prime, MGS Twin Snakes, and Mario Kart and then KOTOR on XB. I'm playing through a copy of Splinter Cell that came with my old vid card and if I like it, I'm sure I"ll get PT and CT.
A countdown timer?
SFGA Bob

Postby rct2wizard360 on April 26th, 2005, 6:39 am
GC can be awesome if you get some swap disks and play some good imports like Nerudo, and I'm sorry to all you X-Box fans, but Metroid owns Halo....
rct2wizard360

Postby SFGA Bob on April 26th, 2005, 9:07 am
Metroid and Halo are two different games. maybe with Prime 2's multiplayer you can say that, but I haven't played 2 yet. otherwise, Metroid is a platform/puzzler/shooter all in one. Halo is simply a shooter. actually, I can't think of any first or second party games that are just a FPS on the GCN. but, back in the day, Goldeneye kicked hardcore ass! 8)
A countdown timer?
SFGA Bob

Postby RagingBull914 on April 26th, 2005, 2:51 pm
Agreed. Im a sony fan but me and my friends wasted countless hours playing golden eye.
RagingBull914

Postby CoasterTycoon77 on May 26th, 2005, 8:43 pm
punkbunny24242 wrote:I have a PSP and love it. I'm addicted to Luminas! My nephew has a DS and it just doesn't look like it has as many good games available.

YOU have a PSP??? Thought it was fiance's??? J/K... Hi by the way! :P
CoasterTycoon77

Postby Do I Know You on May 26th, 2005, 10:42 pm
Well I think that the PSP has a lo--*battery dies*
this is a signature
Do I Know You

Postby punkbunny24242 on May 27th, 2005, 8:05 am
CoasterTycoon77 wrote:
punkbunny24242 wrote:I have a PSP and love it. I'm addicted to Luminas! My nephew has a DS and it just doesn't look like it has as many good games available.

YOU have a PSP??? Thought it was fiance's??? J/K... Hi by the way! :P

Hey is this Kathi?? Only YOU would know that it's supposed to be James's but I took it over :D
punkbunny24242

Postby CoasterTycoon77 on May 27th, 2005, 8:28 am
8) :P Yep!! I just had to give ya a hard time...I think what's his is yours and what's yours is yours!! :twisted: :twisted:
CoasterTycoon77

Postby Moo on June 5th, 2005, 8:00 pm
I personally like the DS, for many reasons.

1. It offers something new with two screens and one being a touch screen. Buttons are getting old.

2. I am not forced into buying junk I don't need.

3. More games coming out for it, and a lto look really promising.

4. Future third party supported online play.

5. Single card download play allows you to not have to search for people with the same game to play with.

6. Zoo Tycoon is coming out for it, which means that possibly more PC type games could be hitting the DS because of its wonderful touch screen.

Also, only one PSP game interests me (Luminies) and it isn't worth spending 250 on the system and 50 for the game.
Ugh.
Moo

Postby w00dland on June 5th, 2005, 11:01 pm
I like how DS will have a chat system with it as well.
Top 5 wood-5-Goliath 4-Ravine Flyer II 3-Phoenix 2-Voyage 1-El Toro
Top 5 Steel- 5-Velocicoaster 4- Maverick 3- Fury 325 2-Steel Vengeance 1-X2
Coaster Count: 444
w00dland

Postby rct2wizard360 on June 5th, 2005, 11:09 pm
I am officially siding with PSP. Just figured out how to install a Window's Emulator on it. Can you say cheap laptop??
rct2wizard360

Postby SFGA Bob on June 6th, 2005, 5:52 am
lol, people are going crazy with the PSP emulators.
A countdown timer?
SFGA Bob

Postby Aero737 on June 6th, 2005, 1:20 pm
^ Do explain? Emulators on the PSP or PSP emulator on the PC. :shock:
Aero737
The Mod Squad

Postby CoasterDude12-2 on June 6th, 2005, 2:31 pm
I've heard of those emu's, I can't say much about 'em, though.

As for DS or PSP, I'm siding with the Big N even though I think PSP is cooler. The DS is the first Nintendo console in a while to receive third party support from developers, so a success I say.
CoasterDude12-2

Postby SFGA Bob on June 6th, 2005, 3:18 pm
emulators on the PSP. if you do a search on slashdot, I'm sure you'll find many articles about emulators people have created using PSP.
A countdown timer?
SFGA Bob

Return to Off-Topic Forum