Great America
Roller Coasters
Rides
Hurricane Harbor
Water Slides
Water Attractions
Advertisement

Any Stock Car Racing fans?

A Off-Topic forum to discuss things that aren't related to the Amusement Park Industry.
Postby JimPanky on January 10th, 2014, 2:29 pm
Any one hear racing fans?
What's your favorite driver?
Im more into short track racing but I enjoy Nascar as well.
Local Id go with Weltmeyer.
Nascar Gordon.
JimPanky

Postby wibadgervbfan on January 10th, 2014, 7:08 pm
I'm a NASCAR fan. My favorite driver is Matt Kenseth, as he is from Cambridge, which is all off 15 minutes away, and he was just starting out when I really started getting into NASCAR. I had watched some races before then but not really that into it.
wibadgervbfan

Postby JimPanky on January 10th, 2014, 8:28 pm
Ive seen Ross race quite a bit in the area. Saw him run in legends and in late models.
JimPanky

Postby JimPanky on January 10th, 2014, 8:29 pm
Feel free to join my fantasy nascar group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/546369328741769/
JimPanky

Postby monsterfan99 on January 26th, 2014, 8:48 pm
Season is right around the corner and should be a fun year. Tons of rookies so for the first time in, what, 10 years there is a real race for the Rookie of the Year award. The new qualifying set-up should be something else to watch. The new playoff format should be coming out this week and I am really interested to see if the rumors of going to the old NHRA style system are true.

Marcos Ambrose fan myself here. RPM seems to be changing their team around for the better and should have decent engines for once. I think this is the year he makes the Chase.
monsterfan99

Postby JimPanky on January 26th, 2014, 9:41 pm
I love Ambrose. He's a great driver on and off the track. I hope he finds a better team at some point.
JimPanky

Postby monsterfan99 on January 26th, 2014, 11:24 pm
JimPanky wrote:I love Ambrose. He's a great driver on and off the track. I hope he finds a better team at some point.

if the engine would only last the entire race, not one half. Last year was him just getting caught up in one wreck after the other.

I still need to see if i can score free tickets to the 500 next month. I've been to the race formerly known as the Bud Shutout and it was a blast. Every fan needs to go to Daytona at least once.
monsterfan99

Postby JimPanky on January 30th, 2014, 2:10 pm
if you wanna join my fantasy league let me know so I know to let you in. You could pm what your fb is on here.

Sent from my XT897 using Tapatalk
JimPanky

Postby Luxornv on February 4th, 2014, 11:44 pm
I used to be big into NASCAR, but my interest has waned over the last several years. I've been to the race at Chicagoland Speedway once, and qualifying several times. I've always been more into NHRA drag racing though. I've lost count for how many drag races I've been to, and I've been to tracks all over the midwest. I've never missed pro event at Route 66 Raceway since it opened in 1998. My long time favorite driver has been John Force.
Luxornv

Postby JimPanky on February 5th, 2014, 10:54 am
Hes the king of the strips for sure. Nascar isnt what it used to be but i still enjoy it. Local short track racing is the best in my opinion (asphalt or dirt doesnt matter). I grew up at Raceway Park in Blue Island, IL. My first time there I was only a few months old in a stroller. My dad went every week. His best friend Tony Baranek writes local racing stories for the Southtown (now the Southtown Star). He was line scoring to help Tony and the scorer Johnny Buben offered him a job as a scorer. He scored at Raceway and I spent every night in the press box till it closed. Then my dad got hired at Illiana where he still works. I worked at Illiana for a while scoring and running the scoreboard. Tony still writes stories on Illiana and Grundy.

JimPanky

Postby JimPanky on February 5th, 2014, 10:57 am
What is everyone's race track track record (any asphalt, dirt, local short tracks, nascar, drag strips, road courses, anything)? Ill have to get back on this one.

JimPanky

Return to Off-Topic Forum