Great America
Roller Coasters
Rides
Hurricane Harbor
Water Slides
Water Attractions
Advertisement

What teachers say vs what students hear

A Off-Topic forum to discuss things that aren't related to the Amusement Park Industry.
Postby yamcha on April 30th, 2010, 11:23 pm
Now being an official Graduate with my BFA I can pass on some knowledge to next group of collage students with this. Feel free to add to this if you think of any thing else.

Teacher:Ok and now for your Final paper it has to be 30 pages single spaced and with a full work sited page/ bibliography. Book sources only no on line and no Wikipedia.

Students: So we can use the internet to find stuff then cut it up, re paste it together, follow the links to the actual book / articles miss spell one word add worlds so you think we wrote it, make up half of it then turn it in with out you knowing?

Teacher: This is due in 5 weeks so you have a lot of time.

Student: So we put it off till the week its due and stay up all night downing red bull and Mountain dew to say awake till its done, get about 2 hours of sleep come here turn it in and go back home.
yamcha

Postby onyxhotel08 on April 30th, 2010, 11:57 pm
I have yet to write a 10 page paper. Whew. How is 30 even possible.
13 Years with SFGAm World!
onyxhotel08

Postby yamcha on May 2nd, 2010, 12:50 am
trust me 30 is nothing some Master or Doctorate papers are almost 200 pages long. and take up to a year to complete. But yea 30 is a lot of work and does take about 4 or 5 weeks to do.
yamcha

Postby sfgamfan717 on May 2nd, 2010, 9:30 am
^ A 200 page paper? Holy Phucking sh*t. I wonder how long it would take to read that thing...
My new name is Aeater333
sfgamfan717

Postby yamcha on May 2nd, 2010, 11:10 pm
If I remember what my teacher said right, he told us they don't actually read it, they kinda skim it to see if you have all the info in there or some thing like that.
yamcha

Postby monsterfan99 on May 3rd, 2010, 1:22 am
I've had a 40 page paper on the use of sexism in the films of Alfred Htichcock in the 1950's. Mind you, this was for a 3000 level class that was not part of my focus and the teacher read every word. It was the single most gratifying A I have ever gotten.

As for master's, some people have zero paper's to write and some over 500. It all depends on the program, topic and how much the teacher hates you.
monsterfan99

Postby w00dland on May 3rd, 2010, 12:35 pm
30 pages is normal, although most everything in college in double spaced, so its really more like a 15 or 20 page paper.

I'm getting off lucky during my last semester, I finished my 70 page capstone paper last semester, so I only have a 15 page term paper on the UAE's ecology in relationship with the culture and business. (Yeah, I picked it because of the theme parks that are supposted to be being built, whats your point?)

That being said, I'll probably start it 2 or 3 days before it's due.

For all you kids who are headed to college soon, just know that it is a lot more work than high school will ever be, but if you actually go to class, pay attention, and do *most* of your assigned work, you'll get through fine. It just takes a work ethic to get through.
Top 5 wood-5-Goliath 4-Ravine Flyer II 3-Phoenix 2-Voyage 1-El Toro
Top 5 Steel- 5-Velocicoaster 4- Maverick 3- Fury 325 2-Steel Vengeance 1-X2
Coaster Count: 444
w00dland

Postby Paradise on May 3rd, 2010, 2:01 pm
Can't wait for school. Going for Law Enforcement in the fall.
Have a take and don't suck, it's the Jim Rome Show!
Paradise

Postby onyxhotel08 on May 4th, 2010, 12:39 am
Left college after 1 year. At most I did was 3 pages. Long Story.
13 Years with SFGAm World!
onyxhotel08

Return to Off-Topic Forum