Great America
Roller Coasters
Rides
Hurricane Harbor
Water Slides
Water Attractions
Advertisement

The 2004-2005 Chicago Bulls Thread

A Off-Topic forum to discuss things that aren't related to the Amusement Park Industry.
Postby CoasterDave316 on April 10th, 2005, 12:06 am
yeah the way they have been playing with injuries is amazing...winning 12 of the last 13 games without key players. Hinrich missed a few at the begining, Deng has been out all but 2 of the games, Curry has been out and so has Othella and yet the Bulls have found a way to win.

I got my Bull's playoff ticket's this morning. It's looking right now they are going to end up facing the Pacers. Only 6 more games left with a 2 1/2 game lead on the 4th spot hopefully they can hang onto the 4th spot and homecourt advantage.
Go Bulls!
Dave - SFGAmWorld Webmaster
CoasterDave316
Webmaster/Site Admin

Postby CoasterDude12-2 on April 10th, 2005, 1:09 pm
If the Bulls are going to have success in the playoffs, they'll need vets who've been in the playoffs before to contribute, I mean Pike, Griffin, Davis, and Othella. Well need Gordon to wake up, well need Hinrich and Du to make good decesions, we'll need contributions from Pargo, we'll need Noch to be in a movie because he's such a good actor :wink: Tyson, Eddy, and Reiner if we need him, will have to be as good as they're playing right now. Also, for any success in the playoffs, you need to limit turnovers.
CoasterDude12-2

Postby CoasterDave316 on April 10th, 2005, 10:21 pm
If Curry comes back I highly doubt Reiner will get any minutes in the playoffs.

Gordon has been in shooting slumps a few times this season and always has bounced back, and Griffin lately has been playing the best he has all year, which is really good considering they need him to play well now that Deng is out.

Im really glad to see Skiles starting to use Pargo again, there's no reason he should have been on the bench/IR the whole season. He proved last season he can play and help win games. He has been playing good defense and his offense is always a spark so he has earned his minutes again. Him, Duhon, Hinrich and Gordon give the Bulls a really nice 4 man rotation at the guard positions....which is something I wish Skiles would have done all season long.
Go Bulls!
CoasterDave316
Webmaster/Site Admin

Postby SFGA 11 on April 11th, 2005, 3:13 pm
Pargo has been key the past couple of weeks. His floor game has really improved since the beginning of the season, and he stepped up when Hinrich was injured. The thing I like about the Bulls is there is no player (well except for Frank Williams and maybe Reiner) who doesnt contribute to the team.
SFGA 11

Postby SFGA 11 on April 11th, 2005, 10:17 pm
Ouch that was a tough loss. They had a chance to win it but turnovers and a couple of suprising mistakes by the vet Antonio Davis in O.T cost them the game. Aghh!! :x
SFGA 11

Postby CoasterDave316 on April 12th, 2005, 12:04 am
This game is actually a good lesson for the young Bulls, heading into the playoffs.

1. The Guards should bring the ball up the court, and if the big man gets trapped go and get it from him.

2. If trapped call a time out, don't make a silly turnover.

3. Don't give the ball to Antonio Davis in crunch time :).
Go Bulls!
CoasterDave316
Webmaster/Site Admin

Postby SFGA 11 on April 12th, 2005, 5:37 pm
Yeah, good point.

I cant belive what I just heard, Nocioni has been suspended for one game for that accidental elbow on Prince. Thats BS if you ask me. Ridiculous.
SFGA 11

Postby CoasterDave316 on April 12th, 2005, 11:09 pm
They showed a replay of that elbow on Chicago Tribune Live today, and it looked like he accidently tapped him. They were saying he did a great acting job, because he barely even got touched. And I can't believe he got suspended for it, you can clearly see on the replay it was a accident and that he was barely hit with the elbow....guess the NBA doesn't watch tapes though and just listens to Larry Brown's complaints.
Go Bulls!
CoasterDave316
Webmaster/Site Admin

Postby SFGA 11 on April 14th, 2005, 5:42 pm
Ah, bad news for the Bulls, Eddy Curry is out for the year. Big loss, he will be missed. Other guys will have to step up.

I wouldnt count the Bulls out of going far in the playoffs yet though. They always find a way to win and they have tremendous heart.

On Chicago Tribune Live they mentioned that they might go after someone to sign for the remainder of the season.
SFGA 11

Postby SFGA 11 on April 19th, 2005, 10:00 pm
Bulls win!! They clinch homecourt advantage in the 1st round! Ben Gordon came up huge again with a shot with 5 seconds left, what an exciting finish. Man, playoffs start Sunday for the Bulls.
SFGA 11

Postby CoasterDave316 on April 19th, 2005, 10:18 pm
Oh how nice it was to watch Jamal Crawford choke in the cluth....and his replacement Ben Gordon nail the game winner! And what a game by Kirk Hinrich tonight, I believe he tied his career high of 34.

Now the Bulls have a meaningless game tomorrow against the Pacers. So hopefully Skiles will give Lawrence Funderburke some time to play with the team in a real game before the playoffs.

This Washington series is going to be tough even with Home Court Advantage, without Deng and Curry. No matter how far they go into the playoffs, I consider this season a success....next season is when ill expect them to go further into the playoffs. When they are more healthy hopefully and have some experience....even though Wasington has less playoff experience then the Bulls.
Go Bulls!
CoasterDave316
Webmaster/Site Admin

Postby CoasterDave316 on April 21st, 2005, 8:15 pm
Bulls Round 1 Playoff schedule vs. The Washington Wizards

Sunday - 4/24 - 4:30p.m. - TNT/CSN: Game One at Chicago
Wednesday - 4/27 - 7:30p.m. - NBA TV/CSN: Game Two at Chicago
Saturday - 4/30 - 2:00p.m. - TNT/CSN: Game Three at Washington (:( SF opening or Bulls game?)
Monday - 5/2 - TBD - TBD: Game Four at Washington

Games 5-7 if necessary are TBD.
Go Bulls!
CoasterDave316
Webmaster/Site Admin

Postby CoasterDude12-2 on April 22nd, 2005, 3:04 pm
Oh, man! I've never even seen a playoff game. And one of 'em's going to be on 4/30! I can't keep up this tension
CoasterDude12-2

Postby SFGA 11 on April 22nd, 2005, 4:23 pm
Im gonna go to SFGAm on April 30 depending on how the series is. If there up two nothing ill go till closing,and check score in the car.. If there down two ill go till like 1-2.
SFGA 11

Postby SFGA 11 on April 24th, 2005, 7:22 pm
Hell yes!!! Bulls win in an exciting game. Im so excited! Nocioni and Gordon were amazing, Gordon had 30 and Nocioni had 25 and 18. Whooo
SFGA 11

Postby SfGaMownz on April 24th, 2005, 8:31 pm
Nocioni completely dominated the Wizards tonight, great game it was so awsome when the crowd was chanting "NOCIONI!!!NOCIONI!!!" when Kawne Brown got hurt.
SfGaMownz

Postby Timmy179 on April 24th, 2005, 8:44 pm
Noc!
Around the world and back
Timmy179
Member Spotlight Guy

Postby CoasterDude12-2 on April 25th, 2005, 3:49 pm
Kirk and Duhon were also good they had 17 pts, 7 assists, 3 steals, and seven points, 10 rebounds respectivley.
CoasterDude12-2

Postby CoasterDave316 on May 2nd, 2005, 8:43 pm
Well I think we see how important home court advantage is, and im glad we have it. This series is split 2-2 with home teams winning both by large margains. Bulls were able to dominate the wizards here, and wizards were able to dominate the Bulls at home.

Energy is the main difference, at home the Bulls were getting every lose ball and every rebound. The games in D.C. all the loose balls and rebounds are going to washington. Shows how much the energy of the crowd effects the players.

Next time the Bulls get off to a slow start though, id like to see skiles call a time out right away instead of waiting until the bulls are really hurting. He's a very stubborn coach sometimes and doesn't like to stray from his normal subsitution patterns no matter how bad we are getting beat. Sometimes that helps them, sometimes it hurts them.
Go Bulls!
CoasterDave316
Webmaster/Site Admin

Postby SFGA 11 on May 2nd, 2005, 10:47 pm
The key to this series is for the Bulls to get off to better starts. They got out of it earlier in the series when they were able to come back and win, but they must start there games better. Gordon also really needs to step up, he hasnt had a good game since game 1. I still feel good about the Bulls chances though because they have homecourt and I dont think the Wizards can play as well as they did in Games 3-4.
SFGA 11

Postby CoasterDave316 on May 4th, 2005, 8:34 pm
In order for the bulls to get off to better starts Skiles needs to change the starting line up. He's trying to keep his bench the same with the injuries to Deng and Curry and it's not working. Every game this series and at the end of the season we have been playing catch up since nobody in the starting line up except Hinrich can score consistently. The Duhon, Hinrich, Harrington, Davis, Nocioni line up just doesn't work in the begining...that's why the Bulls don't start scoring until about 5 minutes in to the quarter when Gordon comes in and gives the offense a spark.

Since we lost game 5. Skiles needs to give up this starting line up for game 6 and play his best players. Everytime in the Washington game when we had the Hinrich, Gordon, Chandler, Othella and Nocioni line up in the game the Bulls would go on a run.
Go Bulls!
CoasterDave316
Webmaster/Site Admin

Postby CoasterDave316 on May 4th, 2005, 8:57 pm
^ Wow I made that post with a minute left and the bulls were down by 12. They came back to tie it with 5 seconds left....but then Arenas hit a game winner. Amazing come back though...if only the bulls had made some free throws they probably would have won this game.
Go Bulls!
CoasterDave316
Webmaster/Site Admin

Postby SFGA 11 on May 4th, 2005, 9:37 pm
I agree with the new starting lineups. They have to have a decent first half in order to win on Friday. Despite this loss, I have a good feeling about the series still, I dont know, I just feel like they will come with energy and steal one in Washington and then come back home and close the series.
SFGA 11

Postby CoasterDave316 on May 4th, 2005, 10:53 pm
Well...I can't help but say I feel less confident. But you have to give the Bulls credit, they did better then anybody thought they would this season. And actually won some playoff games without 2 of there key starters playing a healthy washington team. It looks like it's finally catching up to them and they are really missing Eddy Curry in the begining of the games.

No matter what they do this season is a success as far as im concerned...and I can't wait until next season when the bulls are healthy and the rookies have some experience and know how to win now. This team could easily win 55 games next year.
Go Bulls!
CoasterDave316
Webmaster/Site Admin

Postby SFGA 11 on May 5th, 2005, 8:18 pm
Yeah, I think my confidence is coming more from my heart and not my brain lol.
SFGA 11

PreviousNext

Return to Off-Topic Forum