Great America
Roller Coasters
Rides
Hurricane Harbor
Water Slides
Water Attractions
Advertisement

the officaial weather really sucks thread

A Off-Topic forum to discuss things that aren't related to the Amusement Park Industry.
Postby punkbunny24242 on March 30th, 2005, 7:34 pm
OK so I work in Downers Grove and left work at 5pm tonight and was driving in conditions that I have never driven in before. I have driven in horrible rain storms, winter storms, and hail but today was awful! People were stopping in the middle of 355! Not on the shoulder but in the freaking middle of the highway! You could not even see the car in front of you! It was the scariest thing that I have ever been in! So this is my "ode" to weather really sucks!
punkbunny24242

Postby SFGA Bob on March 30th, 2005, 8:17 pm
oh God, I don't even remember how many times they did a weather segment on the local news tonight. I wanted to walk over and slap the producers for writing in so many weather hits.

about half an hour ago the lightning strikes were a few inches high on the horizon, but now they're getting closer. just heard thunder.
I don't have a detonator; its on a timer.
A countdown timer?
No, a count-up timer. It goes from one to explode.
SFGA Bob

Postby twixmix0303 on March 30th, 2005, 9:37 pm
It was VERY nice out today. Then it started raining for about a half-hour. Then it stopped for a little more than an hour. Then it POURED again for another half-hour. Then it got dark.
twixmix0303

Postby w00dland on March 30th, 2005, 11:23 pm
Very wildly scattered but severe cells that hit us today. I think two tornado's dropped northwest of my house but still. I saw some sweet looking thunderheads all around K-mart today during work.
Top 5 wood-5-Goliath 4-Ravine Flyer II 3-Phoenix 2-Voyage 1-El Toro
Top 5 Steel- 5-Velocicoaster 4- Maverick 3- Fury 325 2-Steel Vengeance 1-X2
Coaster Count: 444
w00dland

Postby Mr. SFGAm on March 30th, 2005, 11:46 pm
We've had awesome weather up here for the past three days, with temps in the 60's. We didn't get much in the way of rain yet tonite, but we do have flood watches/warnings for all of the melting snow.
Finally Coaster Season!!
Mr. SFGAm

Postby DejaVuGurl1203 on March 31st, 2005, 1:01 am
I love severe storms so today was a good day for me. It was really nice until about 5:30, then it finally started to storm. It was pouring for a while and the thunder was pretty strong. It was still drizzling after a while but the lightning and thunder were still pretty severe, then maybe about over an hour later it started pouring again, and continued pouring along with lots of lightning and thunder for over a half hour. It was pretty cool.
DejaVuGurl1203

Postby twixmix0303 on March 31st, 2005, 2:31 am
Look at these forecasts: http://www.weather.com/activities/other ... ocid=60031

Nothing even in the 60s. :(
twixmix0303

Postby Do I Know You on March 31st, 2005, 4:01 am
Tomorrow it's supposed to be 85°. Of course, that means that my mom will keep the house at 90°. Whenever I set it to a reasonable temperature, she goes "omfg itz so cold :cry:". The strange thing is that when we lived in IL, she would always keep the house at around 75°. Ah, who cares. Florida sucks.
this is a signature
Do I Know You

Postby CoasterDude12-2 on March 31st, 2005, 12:32 pm
The weather was awful yesterday. Around 7:30 there was this real strong gust, with the hail pounding, thunder, and rain. It sounded like a tornado. Too bad no 60's even in the forecast.
CoasterDude12-2

Postby Ilovthevu' on April 1st, 2005, 8:13 pm
DejaVuGurl1203 wrote:I love severe storms so today was a good day for me. .....an hour later it started pouring again, and continued pouring along with lots of lightning and thunder for over a half hour. It was pretty cool.

Me too. I miss seeing lightning and hearing thunder because I haven't seen it for such a long time. It's good unless I'm at SFGAm because all the rides are closed except carousel, and SSA.
"I've been staring at the world, waiting. All the trouble and all the pain we're facing. Too much light to be livin' in the dark. Why waste time? We only got one life. Together we can be the CHANGE. So go and let your heart burn bright"
Ilovthevu'

Previous

Return to Off-Topic Forum