Great America
Roller Coasters
Rides
Hurricane Harbor
Water Slides
Water Attractions
Advertisement

Who makes the best Pizza

A Off-Topic forum to discuss things that aren't related to the Amusement Park Industry.

Who makes the best pizza

Pizza Hut
11%
Papa John's
11%
Dominos
21%
Other
58%

Total votes : 19

Postby tribar on August 30th, 2010, 3:53 pm
Probably Dominos
NOTE If you don't mind please poll and post especially if it's other
tribar

Postby BLADE on August 30th, 2010, 9:19 pm
Other for me. Uno's.....
BLADE

Postby TwistedSTEEL666 on August 30th, 2010, 9:52 pm
Out of those three, Dominos.
However Dominos is second best to Sarpino's pizza.
SECOND 2014 VISIT: May 24th, 2014.
2014 Season Pass Holder

"Would You Like A Jelly Baby?" - The 4th Doctor (Doctor Who).

Antonio Aguilera
https://www.facebook.com/BEAMER3K
http://beamer3k.deviantart.com/
View my artwork.
TwistedSTEEL666

Postby Luxornv on August 30th, 2010, 11:43 pm
For nationally franchised pizza, I'll have to go with Pizza Hut. I've always liked them.

As for the best pizza I've had from a place that still exists, it's a tie between Lou Malnati's and Home Run Inn. Both are locally franchised around the Chicagoland area.

Best pizza I ever had was from a place called Onesti's. It was located in Mokena (can't remember where), but the place has since closed.

For the record, I answered other on the poll because I thought you wanted an opinion of best pizza, regardless of chain or not.
Luxornv

Postby rct2wizard360 on August 31st, 2010, 1:19 am
Aurelio's Pizza in Homewood. I know it's a chain, but this one is the original. I swear to God they make the sauce fifty times better than any other location in the chain.

Another local favorite is Nonna's pizza in Crestwood. Their slices are a quarter of a large pizza. For $5 you get a slice and drink. If you like thick and doughy pizza, try it out!
Last edited by rct2wizard360 on August 31st, 2010, 1:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
"I get to go to lots of overseas places, like Canada." -Britney Spears
rct2wizard360

Postby monsterfan99 on August 31st, 2010, 1:23 am
Flipper's pizza down here in central FL is amazing. Well worth a stop if you are down here for the parks and off property.
monsterfan99

Postby [jonrev] on August 31st, 2010, 2:16 am
Olando's in Round Lake Beach, IL. Their slices are BIG and taste awesome. The place's also got some Riverview memorabilia on the wall with a working hand-made carnival model right below it.

Honorable mention: Little Caesars (extra cheese), Pizza Hut, Pat's (Grayslake), Silo, and Domino's
[jonrev]

Postby Ilovthevu' on August 31st, 2010, 10:37 am
Other -
1. Suparossa stuffed
2. Lou Malanatti's stuffed
3. Gino's East deep dish
I forgot the story, but it's something like the people that created the first stuffed / deep dish pizza were Uno's, but than two of the members of Uno's branched off into Lou Malanatti's, and Gino's East (one went to each place).

As others have said national chain, Pizza Hut. Another national chain you forgot is Little Ceasar's.
"I've been staring at the world, waiting. All the trouble and all the pain we're facing. Too much light to be livin' in the dark. Why waste time? We only got one life. Together we can be the CHANGE. So go and let your heart burn bright"
Ilovthevu'

Postby Flying_Potato_Man on August 31st, 2010, 10:43 am
Ahhh hmmm... I love Rocky Racocos (spelt that wrong) its just theres not alot of em around so idk if any of you guys have had it.
Flying_Potato_Man

Postby david on August 31st, 2010, 6:24 pm
Where is Gino's East? Why do I not see Gino's East?! BLASHPEMY! GET GINO'S ON THE LIST NOW!

I think I prefer Gino's East.
david

Postby Timmy179 on August 31st, 2010, 6:36 pm
rct2wizard360 wrote:Aurelio's Pizza in Homewood. I know it's a chain, but this one is the original. I swear to God they make the sauce fifty times better than any other location in the chain.

Another local favorite is Nonna's pizza in Crestwood. Their slices are a quarter of a large pizza. For $5 you get a slice and drink. If you like thick and doughy pizza, try it out!

Agreed. If you can get a quality aurelios pizza, their the best.

It just happens that homewood is usually more quality, as it's one of the only managed by Aurelio family, along with Crete, and Beecher
Around the world and back
Timmy179
Member Spotlight Guy

Postby Danhockey04 on September 2nd, 2010, 12:23 pm
monsterfan99 wrote:Flipper's pizza down here in central FL is amazing. Well worth a stop if you are down here for the parks and off property.

Flipper's is good, but I'd have to say Pizza Extreme and Via Napoli in EPCOT have better pizza, though Via Napoli is rather pricey. Nothing though compares to Lou Malnati's, but if you need Chicago pizza, there is always Giordano's down in Orlando.
Universal Orlando Mechanical Engineer
Marathon down, Goofy to go.
Danhockey04

Postby BLADE on September 2nd, 2010, 4:42 pm
david wrote:Where is Gino's East? Why do I not see Gino's East?! BLASHPEMY! GET GINO'S ON THE LIST NOW!

I think I prefer Gino's East.

Have you really ever even eaten there?
BLADE

Postby Luxornv on September 3rd, 2010, 12:47 am
Flying_Potato_Man wrote:Ahhh hmmm... I love Rocky Racocos (spelt that wrong) its just theres not alot of em around so idk if any of you guys have had it.

Seriously, mall pizza? I've only ever seen those in malls around Milwaukee; there's one in the Shops of Grand Avenue in Milwaukee, and I've seen one at Mayfair. It's not that great. You're from Wisconsin though so your opinion on pizza is invalid. Thanks for playing.

I have heard that Pizza Man on Oakland and North was really good, but it burned down before I got a chance to try it.
Luxornv

Postby ragingbull1331 on September 3rd, 2010, 7:04 am
Pizza hut pizza and wings FTW!
RIP IRON WOLF

Twitter: ILoveJimmy_Pop
ragingbull1331

Postby monsterfan99 on September 3rd, 2010, 9:40 am
Danhockey04 wrote:
monsterfan99 wrote:Flipper's pizza down here in central FL is amazing. Well worth a stop if you are down here for the parks and off property.

Flipper's is good, but I'd have to say Pizza Extreme and Via Napoli in EPCOT have better pizza, though Via Napoli is rather pricey. Nothing though compares to Lou Malnati's, but if you need Chicago pizza, there is always Giordano's down in Orlando.

I've wanted to hit Via, but the price point is a killer. Plus I always end up with a pretzel from Germany or something from France in the world showcase.
monsterfan99

Postby BLADE on September 8th, 2010, 10:26 pm
Just had Uno's, which used to be my favorite. I might have to change my vote.
BLADE

Postby CoasterNick3157 on September 24th, 2010, 3:00 pm
No one said Rosati's yet. :o
CoasterNick3157

Postby Galvan317 on September 24th, 2010, 3:03 pm
monsterfan99 wrote:
Danhockey04 wrote:

I've wanted to hit Via, but the price point is a killer. Plus I always end up with a pretzel from Germany or something from France in the world showcase.

Via Napoli is good but Italian pizza is not as thick or filling as American pizza. Lou Malnati's is my favorite as it tastes great and is more filling.
Galvan317
Webmaster/Site Admin

Postby CoasterDude12-2 on September 24th, 2010, 10:09 pm
CoasterNick3157 wrote:No one said Rosati's yet. :o

Let me be the first.

But sadly I'm in Utah at the moment, which means Papa John's is the best. There's as many pizza restaurants here as there are jazz halls...maybe the NFl should look into that.
CoasterDude12-2

Return to Off-Topic Forum