Great America
Roller Coasters
Rides
Hurricane Harbor
Water Slides
Water Attractions
Advertisement

"They paved paradise and put up a parking lot"

A Off-Topic forum to discuss things that aren't related to the Amusement Park Industry.
Postby Ilovthevu' on August 4th, 2010, 2:16 pm
That lyric is a song in which you can't take for granted stuff around you because they are going to change.
What do you miss in which the thing used to be around, but it isn't anymore?

-Kiddieland I sort of miss, but it's only been gone a year, and it's not a lot of missing it.
-Chimpy's in Niles, IL was a pizza place that used to have animatronics from ShowBiz, and I used to like that place a ton.
-There used to miniature golf near Kiddieland, and I miss that a lot. It was a mini golf where it had all the contraptions. It's where that Gas Station / Car Wash is now.
-Santa's Village I definitely miss, and for Racing Rapids (the waterpark that was with Santa's Village), I miss the Go-Karts, and the Bumper Boats. Those Go-Karts I went on all the time, but other than those, I just don't go on Go-Karts really, and the Bumper Boats aren't really much around.

-For carnivals, I miss that the Thunderbolt isn't around here anymore like it used to be.
-Even though I haven't been to Wisconsin Dells in awhile, I miss that Wax Museum. I remember going in that place, and thinking that was the greatest thing, and than the year after we went, the place was closed down.
-I miss Ponderosa's around me. Now, the closest is really far for me, and it's in Aurora.

Just don't take things for granted as the song says. Go to the places now, and don't wait because they might leave, and you will say I should have went to that place, or done that activity more than what I had. If you hate a place, or an activity, don't even try it again. It's not worth it because there are so many good things and places to go.
"I've been staring at the world, waiting. All the trouble and all the pain we're facing. Too much light to be livin' in the dark. Why waste time? We only got one life. Together we can be the CHANGE. So go and let your heart burn bright"
Ilovthevu'

Postby monsterfan99 on August 4th, 2010, 9:04 pm
^Until I moved down to Orlando, I missed seeing Shoney's near-by.

This is also the reason I hit all the crappy stuff unique to a park when I go to it. Like getting my picture with Brother Bear at Disney's Animal Kingdom or seeing stage shows at any regional park. You never know if it will be there the next time you go.
monsterfan99

Postby [jonrev] on August 4th, 2010, 11:37 pm
Ilovthevu' wrote:-Chimpy's in Niles, IL was a pizza place that used to have animatronics from ShowBiz, and I used to like that place a ton.

Libertyville had one that I remember going to, one of my favorite places then.
[jonrev]

Postby Galvan317 on August 5th, 2010, 9:58 am
Like getting my picture with Brother Bear at Disney's Animal Kingdom or seeing stage shows at any regional park. You never know if it will be there the next time you go.

With SUE and XFlight being removed, and no improvements at all, I had gotten a pretty strong feeling Geauga Lake was going to close so I made sure to get out there in 2007. Shortly after my visit they announced it was going to close so I was very happy to have the opportunity to go there. Had the same feeling about SFKK, I feared it was going to become all waterpark in the next few years so I finally got out there in 2009, the last month it was open. After the park closed that year SF announced they would be closing the property. Also planned a trip to Hard Rock Park in 2008 but unfortunately it closed before it was scheduled to, about 2 weeks before my planned trip.
Galvan317
Webmaster/Site Admin

Postby BLADE on September 2nd, 2010, 4:48 pm
^You have great intuition BP! Kings Dominon and BGE aren't going to close now are they?
BLADE

Postby ragingbull1331 on September 2nd, 2010, 5:12 pm
[jonrev] wrote:
Ilovthevu' wrote:-Chimpy's in Niles, IL was a pizza place that used to have animatronics from ShowBiz, and I used to like that place a ton.

Libertyville had one that I remember going to, one of my favorite places then.

LOVED Chimpy's when I was a little kid! Favorite arcade place ever
RIP IRON WOLF

Twitter: ILoveJimmy_Pop
ragingbull1331

Return to Off-Topic Forum