Rides
Hurricane Harbor
Water Slides
Water Attractions
Advertisement

Batman the Ride to run BACKWARDS in 2013

Announcements & News From The Homepage
Postby Galvan on January 19th, 2013, 12:48 pm
Six Flags Great America has confirmed today at No Coaster Con that Batman the Ride will run backwards for a limited time in 2013

More information as it becomes available.
Galvan

Postby CstrFan512 on January 19th, 2013, 2:07 pm
And so many of you said it couldn't be done!
CstrFan512

Postby BURTONxBLUNT on January 19th, 2013, 2:30 pm
this will be one heck of a ride this year(: but imagine the line...the pukers the ride will have now....and its gonna cause alot of headaches to guests...although that this will probably happen i really wont mind riding it backwards! hope it runs backwards all season long...than i definitely know what ride im running to 1st this year(:
BURTONxBLUNT

Postby UWW-10 on January 19th, 2013, 4:07 pm
I sure hope the park knows what they're doing considering they didn't have much luck considering all the hardships that AEB possessed. I'm not saying it isn't a great marketing scheme....and I know there were rumors of testing being done at St. Louis during mornings/evenings when the park wasn't open to the public....but I just have a strange feeling about this one...
UWW-10

Postby CstrFan512 on January 19th, 2013, 6:10 pm
I wonder if this is just for GAm or are other parks in the SF chain going to do this on their BTR's. I guess we'll find out when more details come out.
CstrFan512

Postby Stoogie on January 19th, 2013, 9:37 pm
Have they tested this on people yet? I mean on Batman the Ride? Sounds like it will a lot of people sick.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Stoogie

Postby w00dland on January 19th, 2013, 10:18 pm
What. The. $&#$.

...guess I was very wrong. Can't wait to ride! I...uh, think.
Top 5 wood-5-Goliath 4-Ravine Flyer II 3-Phoenix 2-Voyage 1-El Toro
Top 5 Steel- 5-Velocicoaster 4- Maverick 3- Fury 325 2-Steel Vengeance 1-X2
Coaster Count: 444
w00dland

Postby Coaster Justin on January 19th, 2013, 10:39 pm
Didn't wait to post it huh?

Ride it in May or You Snooze, You Literally Lose
Coaster Justin

Postby DejaVu2001 on January 20th, 2013, 12:07 am
To elaborate a little on the details, to run backwards, the ride will have new chassis which the existing seats will be mounted to. Additionally, while Batman is running backwards, the trains will only have 7 cars due to the station set up. Basically, with the trains reversed, they have to drop the eighth car so that the train will fit over the floor platen and within the restraint platen.

Given that it is for a limited time only, and that new chassis aren't cheap, it is probably safe to speculate that these special chassis will be rotated around to other Batmen.
DejaVu2001

Postby FParker185 on January 20th, 2013, 3:03 am
Yep, the new chassis designed to run backwards makes it possible. There is no way to reverse the entire train in the current configuration. That was the main problem. If I had to bet money, I'd say SFStL's or SFOT's batman backwards for Fright Fest
FParker185

Postby B&MGuy35 on January 21st, 2013, 6:49 pm
[quote="Stoogie"]Have they tested this on people yet? I mean on Batman the Ride? Sounds like it will a lot of people sick.

Yes they have....last season during fright fest they had said it was tested and the park officials at no coaster con said it was pretty amazing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/quote]
B&MGuy35

Postby FParker185 on January 21st, 2013, 11:10 pm
It seems crazy and sickening, but it should be kinda similar to Deja Vu which I don't remember it having unusual vomiting issues.
FParker185

Postby UWW-10 on January 27th, 2013, 12:57 pm
After finally being able to watch the video clips, someone asked about the amount of downtime required during the season to change everything back to normal....to which they replied "2 weeks, but we have something else that will be happening that you'd forget Batman being down".

For coaster buffs who visit frequently, it isn't an issue, but I've got to imagine that 2 weeks of downtime for a typical guest to visit and have a marquee ride down is not going to please those people....so I hope it is something that would get deviate people from the fact the ride needs to be shut down, changed over, and probably re-tested for state purposes (???).
UWW-10

Postby DejaVu2001 on January 27th, 2013, 3:03 pm
^ It's only one week to change it. The 2 weeks came up when the park explained why they chose to do it at the beginning of the year. If they did it mid-season, then it would be a week on each end.

As for the other surprise, the theme this year is backwards.
DejaVu2001

Postby FParker185 on January 27th, 2013, 3:58 pm
I just hope they do some trackwork first...... ;)
FParker185

Postby Radical-Illusion on April 6th, 2013, 10:49 pm
UWW-10 wrote:
"2 weeks, but we have something else that will be happening that
> you'd forget Batman being down".

This is what I have been Told. (Being an employee at the park) Batman will run backwards for a 3rd of the season. Then While batman is down Viper will be running backwards for another 3rd of the season... Then For frightfest American Eagle will run backwards yet again.

Hope that Helps!
Radical-Illusion

Postby susannary on June 18th, 2013, 3:01 am
I do not believe that we have found or even approached perfection. That is not necessarily in the scheme of human events.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[url=http://www.thersgolds.com/]Buy Runescape Gold[/url]||[url=http://www.topdiablo3.com/]Diablo 3 Gold[/url]||[url=http://www.okrunescape.com/]Runescape Gold[/url]
susannary

Return to Headline News