Great America
Roller Coasters
Rides
Hurricane Harbor
Water Slides
Water Attractions
Advertisement

VANDALISM

Talk about anything that has to do with Six Flags Great America and Hurricane Harbor here.
Postby Mforce300 on June 19th, 2003, 10:04 am
Hey hey every one out there on the web on this glorious day. I am just here to say that the Vandalism at Great America has gotten really bad over the past few years. I mean I remeber in 2001 on oct 7 (deja Vu's first day of operation to the GP) the blue had rail leading up to the station already had some vandalism on it! Also the GP who visit the park think that they are the only ones in the world. They do not know how to stand n line they always have to find something to break or someone to hit or run-around with. So this behavior leads to the broken railings in Raging Bull's Line the Keyed restraints on iron wolf and batman. This behavior also causes the park to look grungy. So next time you see some one sraching off paint or biting a restraint ( seen it on Demon forever) say hey would you do that at home? Because honestly i like to treat great america better than my home!
well ok if you think you are ready ASSUME THE POSITION!The flying position that isSuperman:Ultimate Flight
Mforce300

Postby SFGA 11 on June 19th, 2003, 10:49 am
Yeah, I agree with you. I also hate it when they throw gum everywhere to try to be cool in front of their friends. I also saw some smart a** putting gum on the sign on Raging Bull that says no gum on this coaster. It just makes me so mad.
SFGA 11

Postby linebacker131 on June 19th, 2003, 11:06 am
I agree with you fully. If you see any one doing it find a worker and tell them or tell them yourself!
linebacker131

Postby SFGAmfreak4life on June 19th, 2003, 12:44 pm
I agree also. I hate seeing all those scratches and what not. I especially hate seeing grafiti on the coaster trains. Gum is the worst of it all.
R.I.P. Deja Vu 10/07/01-10/28/07
SFGAmfreak4life

Postby T_Biggs on June 19th, 2003, 1:04 pm
It happens everywhere. Why? Because no matter where you go, people are pigs. Usually grade X pigs, no where near suitable for human consumption.
T_Biggs

Postby NoUseForAName on June 19th, 2003, 1:06 pm
Great America isn't nearly as bad as SFStL. The whole hand railing was carved into and had gum and other stuff unknown "stuff" on it. They even have signs there that say "Do Not put Graffiti on SixFlags Property"
Deja Vu, Intensity Over Reliability.
NoUseForAName

Postby DejaVuGurl1203 on June 19th, 2003, 1:14 pm
I hate it as well. Yesterday when I was in line for SUF in the evening, I saw a whole bunch of gum on a small branch on one of the trees. I see gum everywhere I go in the park basically. I once stepped in some while waiting in line for Giant Drop.
DejaVuGurl1203

Postby coastrcorey on June 19th, 2003, 1:33 pm
Yeah, I don't know what is with gum... I never even think to take gum to the park, and even if I did think of it, I wouldn't bring it! It's an amusement park, you don't chew gum there. I don't know what people's obsession with gum is, but I personally think it's kind of gross.
coastrcorey

Postby Aero737 on June 19th, 2003, 7:35 pm
Bite a restraint? YUK! The restraints smell like B.O. as it is, and I can't imagin putting my mouth on it. Thats just like licking the bathroom floor. Well on May 3rd they doors in the line for Giant Drop were covered in gang symbols and names and what not. Gum is disgusting, and people littering is too. There is garbage cans like every 5 feet, why do you put your trash on the ground? Well I guess people will never learn, and like T_Biggs said "People are pigs."
Aero737
The Mod Squad

Postby chiatrain on June 19th, 2003, 9:51 pm
Passing through the S:UF queue, I couldn't believe how much gum was all over the place. Most of the Superman character signs already had gum on them, and a few of the railings had the Superman logo carved into them. I think SFGAm has been doing a better job of keeping the Midway clean, but something should be done with the gum/vandalism.
chiatrain

Postby Mforce300 on June 20th, 2003, 2:08 pm
well i was at the park last night and i saw some pretty disgusting stuff. My friend and I were riding Batman and when we pulled into the Brake run my friend looks to the right of his restarint and guess what he finds. A NICE STRING OF GUM flapping in the wind. Also has anyone ever been standing in line when some one in front of you smells like a diaper rotting in the sun? Well in line for S:UF we did. This guy did not know what soap is. I also noticed some other little things on Thursday. They finally got all of the wheel covers on batman but at the same time they changed the inline music. Remeber the Electric chair song, well it has been replaced with this crappy song that goes lalalalalala i hate it. So i think they shoud change it back. The park is really good but is ruined by the slack-jawed yokles that think it's ok to throw their garbage on the ground or harass park sweepers. That is why i wish That amusement parks would give you a test before entering the park. The test would just be about roller coasters and park ediquete and if you pass you can enter and if you fail you die! Anyway i'm just crazy but i wish the park would take steps to en-rich the park atmosphere and to clean up the park overall.
well ok if you think you are ready ASSUME THE POSITION!The flying position that isSuperman:Ultimate Flight
Mforce300

Postby v10viper488 on June 20th, 2003, 2:13 pm
Yah, I especially hate all that graffiti on the walls in the line for Batman. Man, you think they would clean that up.
v10viper488

Postby SFGAmfreak4life on June 20th, 2003, 10:18 pm
v10viper488- I hope you arent talking about all the grafiti before you enter the batcave becuase thats part of the theming. Last year at one of the LAFF shows I saw I had to sit next to a guy that smelled like a diaper rotting in the sun. It was so nasty!
SFGAmfreak4life

Postby Mforce300 on June 21st, 2003, 5:08 pm
Ok u i think that the Earlier reply about the batman grafitti was a joke!
Mforce300

Postby SFGAmfreak4life on June 21st, 2003, 11:18 pm
It better be. Its hard to interperate what people say online. You can never tell a persons mood when they say something or what they mean exactly.
SFGAmfreak4life

Postby SFGA 11 on June 22nd, 2003, 12:26 am
I also noticed that in S:UF's line some people threw dirt on some of the signs of the other characters. I don't get why people do stuff like that.
SFGA 11

Postby coasterzak on June 22nd, 2003, 11:30 am
I wonder on some coasters how they are vandalized, like writing on RB. How do you do that? The lift hill maybe? Just like RCT with the broken benches and trashcans, I hate that too!
coasterzak

Postby cexd on June 23rd, 2003, 7:29 pm
its sad enough that theres gum all over s:uf but whats even sadder is that they spelt brainiac wrong like 3 times on the character board in queue
cexd

Postby chiatrain on June 23rd, 2003, 7:34 pm
The topic of Vandalism actually came up while in queue for S:UF. A kid wanted to carve something into the already-grafittied railings, but his father wouldn't let him do it(nice move). Then we talked about vandalism issues around the park while S:UF was under a temporary delay of operation. And, I'll have to check out the Brainiac character board next time for mispellings.
chiatrain

Postby usdjock01 on June 23rd, 2003, 7:41 pm
How did they spell brainiac on the sign in the queue for S:UF
usdjock01

Postby cexd on June 23rd, 2003, 9:46 pm
chiatrain wrote:And, I'll have to check out the Brainiac character board next time for mispellings.
the big lettering on top of the board is spelled right, but if you read all of the bios (i read all of the boards lol) then you'll see it says braniac
cexd

Postby SFGAmfreak4life on June 23rd, 2003, 10:59 pm
They can never get anything right.
SFGAmfreak4life

Postby cexd on June 23rd, 2003, 11:23 pm
SFGAmfreak4life wrote:They can never get anything right.
my mothers an english major and pointed out so many spelling errors. on BM:TR on that little 3d scanning thing on the tv to the right in the station spelled some things wrong, and the sign for demon they spelt jewelery wrong (i probably spelt it wrong there too haha), but yeah, six flags should hire my mom to proof read the signs.
cexd

Postby coasterswimgurl12 on June 24th, 2003, 8:36 am
how can you bite restraints and grafitti on the railings when most of the time there is security in the lines??? people are stupid! :roll:
*~There's a light~*
*~In the darkness~*
*~Of everybody's life~*
coasterswimgurl12

Postby T_Biggs on June 24th, 2003, 9:16 am
If your mother is an English major, she should teach you about proper capitolization.:-p
T_Biggs

Next

Return to Six Flags Great America Forum