Great America
Roller Coasters
Rides
Hurricane Harbor
Water Slides
Water Attractions
Advertisement

Shockwaves 15th

Talk about anything that has to do with Six Flags Great America and Hurricane Harbor here.
Postby SFGA 11 on June 3rd, 2003, 3:19 pm
If Shockwave wasn't torn down today would be it's 15th Birthday. I can't believe it's been that long. I still wished that they would have kept it and put a new coaster in a different spot. Oh well. :roll:R.I.P Shockwave 1988-2002
SFGA 11

Postby InsaneNewman on June 3rd, 2003, 3:26 pm
Although I liked Shockwave, I think the Whizzer was the better of the two to save. There are many other coasters along the lines of Shockwave but the Whizzer is the last of its kind. There are no spiral lift hills anywhere in the country anymore. Besides, as long as Shockwave gets reassembled somewhere else, it will still live to see more birthdays.
InsaneNewman

Postby SFGA 11 on June 3rd, 2003, 4:04 pm
I agree with you InsaneNewman.
SFGA 11

Postby coasterswimgurl12 on June 3rd, 2003, 7:30 pm
awww.....yea i guess you're right....as long as it isnt melted down
*~There's a light~*
*~In the darkness~*
*~Of everybody's life~*
coasterswimgurl12

Postby T_Biggs on June 3rd, 2003, 8:26 pm
And this conversation is already going on.
T_Biggs

Postby CoasterDave316 on June 3rd, 2003, 8:38 pm
I didn't find a topic about what would have been Shockwaves 15th birthday Travis, so Im opening this back up.
Go Bulls!
Dave - SFGAmWorld Webmaster
CoasterDave316
Webmaster/Site Admin

Postby Aero737 on June 4th, 2003, 10:56 am
Its amazing to think of the records that Shockwave once held and how they have been broken. Shockwave used to be a huge crowd grabber, and record breaker. I cant say how many times the records that it held have been broken, but that coaster set a new level in coaster design. People wanted to beat that coaster. Its a shame its gone, but look at what it had brought to the industry.
Aero737
The Mod Squad

Postby T_Biggs on June 4th, 2003, 12:05 pm
Afraid so, Dave. http://www.sfgamworld.com/phpBB2/viewto ... 4&start=80 Next time I'll be a little more obvious as to what I'm refering to.
T_Biggs

Return to Six Flags Great America Forum