Great America
Roller Coasters
Rides
Hurricane Harbor
Water Slides
Water Attractions
Advertisement

Season Pass Needs to be activated

Talk about anything that has to do with Six Flags Great America and Hurricane Harbor here.
Postby skoivisto on May 10th, 2003, 4:43 pm
I'm going to SFGAM tomorrow, and I currently have a season pass that needs to be activated with the picture and everything. Just wanted to know, where do I go to get that activated? If I dont get an answer its OK, but I just wanted a heads up on where to go. TIA, Steve
skoivisto

Postby chiatrain on May 10th, 2003, 4:59 pm
Hey Steve. Do you mean that you have a pass from last year that you're trying to activate for this year? Or, do you have a ticket that you're trying to process for a brand new pass for this year. I believe there is a Season Pass information booth outside of the park, near the ticket booths. You might try to go there if you're trying to activate last year's pass, since you probably can't get into the park until it's activated. But, I'm not familiar with activating season passes and such.
chiatrain

Postby skoivisto on May 10th, 2003, 5:01 pm
I have the ticket for the season pass, I got it at Jewel-Osco last week. Thanks for the info!
skoivisto

Postby stolen_starz on May 10th, 2003, 5:09 pm
no, if you have a ticket from jewel, u go into the park like you bought a regular ticket, then you go over by where triple play is (it's by the main stage and where you buy speed passes).. there are signs all over the park that say season pass processing. you just follow them. you already bought your pass so all u need to do is go get a pic and stuff. i bought one from jewel this year myself. just go in by regular admissions and KEEP your ticket stub and there is a building called pass processing center, u go there and give it to them and they take ur pic and ur done! it was really easy. not a wait at all. basically follow the signs.
Need a break from college homework.. 2004 season, come faster!!
stolen_starz

Postby skoivisto on May 10th, 2003, 5:12 pm
Very cool, now, another question, tomorrow is a bring your friend for free day. Can he come in the park with me, or does my friend have to wait outside the park, while I go in and get my season pass processed?
skoivisto

Postby stolen_starz on May 10th, 2003, 5:18 pm
well i'm not really sure but i'm pretty sure youre going to have to wait in line by the main line with your friend because they probably will want to see you have a season pass maybe. i would just wait with them. you'll be bored all by yourself. honestly, i don't think you get in any quicker with a season pass. everyone has to wait to be checked by security guards. just make sure u remember that coupon! lol
stolen_starz

Postby stolen_starz on May 10th, 2003, 5:19 pm
i went on bring your friend for 1/2 price day on may 4 and i just waited with them, it's not that bad. u still get in quick.
stolen_starz

Postby chiatrain on May 10th, 2003, 5:34 pm
Another tip is to fill out all the Season Pass information on that ticket before you go to the park. A guy sits outside of the Processing building with clipboards for those who purchase at the park or didn't fill out the information. By doing this, you get to process your pass quicker and go on to the fun. And, for your friend, as long as you have the Season Pass ticket, he should be able to get into the park with you at the same time.
chiatrain

Postby joker on May 10th, 2003, 5:49 pm
yeah, I called them today about it, as long as you show them the ticket stub they should let you in. If they pull crap with you just say "Well, Im just gonna go in there, get in line, then come back out with the pass, and then I will get my friend in for free". If they make you do that try a diff. window I'm sure some other people would be nice and let you pass. If not just go in there get in line and come back out as soon as you get your pass processed
-Roller Coaster Enthusiast
joker

Postby T_Biggs on May 10th, 2003, 7:40 pm
And, if they would try to pull that on you (which I doubt they would,) remember what the person's name is, and tell Guest Relations.
T_Biggs

Postby joker on May 10th, 2003, 8:00 pm
Yeah, good idea.
-Roller Coaster Enthusiast
joker

Postby coasterzak on May 10th, 2003, 9:58 pm
Woa?! Season Pass processing is in the park? At SFWoA it is out of the park, that seems strange to me.
coasterzak

Postby coastrcorey on May 11th, 2003, 6:47 pm
Yep... Right across from Whizzer.
coastrcorey

Postby coasterzak on May 11th, 2003, 9:12 pm
Wow, that's just strange to me. Why wouldn't they have a building outside the park?
coasterzak

Postby Chitown on May 11th, 2003, 11:15 pm
The season pass processing use to be at the main gate. I dont know why they decided to put it inside the park. The place where they process the passes now use to be an arcade.
I finally retired the Sarah Palin signature because she is now 100% irrelevant.
Chitown

Postby coasterkid86 on May 12th, 2003, 2:28 pm
This isn't going to help you that much but for anyone else who doesn't know that reads this, its in hometown square next to the firehouse pizza place. its got the words Season Pass Processing Center
coasterkid86

Postby coasterzak on May 13th, 2003, 3:39 pm
Yeah, thanks for that. I'll never have to use it, it just struck me as awkward that it would be in the park. Do you have the tear away ticket from the pass so that you can park for free the first time?
coasterzak

Postby chiatrain on May 13th, 2003, 3:46 pm
I don't think you get to park for free, but you take that day's parking pass($10) to the Processing Center and get a Parking Pass for an additional $30. On the Season Pass ticket, you keep the part with all your information on it.
chiatrain

Postby coastrcorey on May 13th, 2003, 3:55 pm
Yeah, we don't get to park free (I don't think)... That would be nice though. $10 just to have your car sit all day is pretty steep. I can see why it's so high though, because at the end of the day the parking lot looks like a landfill. It's horrible! People that don't throw their trash in the cans really annoy me. They have tons of trash cans everywhere.
coastrcorey

Postby coasterzak on May 13th, 2003, 3:57 pm
If you were to buy your pass somewhere else, at SFWoA there is a tab that you rip off and you get free parking to go any day of the year to get your pass processed and you get to park your car for free. That's why I was wondering.
coasterzak

Postby coasterkid86 on May 14th, 2003, 6:35 am
to get a parking pass its 40 dollars, there is a booth outside of the gate of SFGAM and its called season passes. you buy season passes there and you buy parking passes. you should get your ten dollars back when you buy the parking pass. i didn't this year because the guy didn't know what the heck he was doing and didn't do it right.
coasterkid86

Return to Six Flags Great America Forum