Great America
Roller Coasters
Rides
Hurricane Harbor
Water Slides
Water Attractions
Advertisement

New name for S:UF --> S:BF??

Talk about anything that has to do with Six Flags Great America and Hurricane Harbor here.
Postby SwissCoaster on May 5th, 2003, 12:20 pm
S:BF = Superman: Boring Flight! :cry:Am I really the only person (besides the WGN reporters) who thinks, that this ride is boring?I was on the first train on May 3rd, last row (heard it's the best row anyway) and I was reallyexcited about that, but after the Pretzel-Loop I almost fell asleep.
Last edited by SwissCoaster on May 8th, 2003, 8:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
SwissCoaster

Postby CoasterDave316 on May 5th, 2003, 12:23 pm
You said you rode next to me in another topic, were you the guy who said, "Thats it" after the ride? And I said something like "What do you mean thats it?!" I personally enjoy the ride, especially in the back row - left seat.
Go Bulls!
Dave - SFGAmWorld Webmaster
CoasterDave316
Webmaster/Site Admin

Postby SwissCoaster on May 5th, 2003, 12:32 pm
Yes, that was me! I am sorry, but I was really disappointed after we passed the Bretzel-Loop.Once again: The Pretzel-Loop itself is awesome!!!
Last edited by SwissCoaster on May 8th, 2003, 8:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
SwissCoaster

Postby GamRCFreak on May 5th, 2003, 1:24 pm
I have your solution, don't ride it. If you don't like it, go ride something else. I enjoyed the ride myself. I have nothing against it. It's your opinion and one less person to be in front of me in line!
GamRCFreak

Location: Hinsdale, IL in the summer, DeKalb IL in the School Year (Go Huskies!)

Postby SwissCoaster on May 5th, 2003, 1:39 pm
GamRCFreak, what's your problem!? Why are you so rude?I wasn't looking for a solution. I was looking for someone who also thinks that this ride is boring. That's it!!Your right, there will be one person less in front of you in line, but there will be thousands less in front of me in line!!!Take it easy and enjoy riding S:BF..uh...S:UF :D
SwissCoaster

Postby CoasterDave316 on May 5th, 2003, 1:58 pm
I don't think he was trying to be rude. I agree with him, if you don't like it. Don't wait in line for it, it will just make the line shorter for those of us who do enjoy the ride. I don't know what you could have possibly been expecting from the ride, im sure you knew the layout and everything ahead of time. But hey thats your opinion and I respect that, no sense in complaining about it though. Its not like SFGAm's going to tear it down and build something that meets your standards.
Go Bulls!
CoasterDave316
Webmaster/Site Admin

Postby SFGAmfreak4life on May 5th, 2003, 2:15 pm
cd316 is totally right. I myself really enjoy it also. You have to remember that B&M pushed ht eenvelope to make the ride what is is now. If they went farther like making it taller and faster there would be injuries. There realy isnt much more you can do to a ride like this without hurting the riders. You have to appreciate the ride for what it is and stop comlpaining. I bet that you are not alone when you said that the ride was boring. Thats your opinion and thats fine. No one has to like everything.
R.I.P. Deja Vu 10/07/01-10/28/07
SFGAmfreak4life

Postby Aero737 on May 5th, 2003, 2:25 pm
I think it is a great ride and a GP magnet. I think a big reason May 3rd was so crowded, was because people wanted to ride S:UF. If you were in the GP (most people I have talked to are) didnt even know that there was such a thing as a flying coaster. For this, Six Flags did their job. They draw people to their park, yet the coaster lovers are dissapointed. I liked the ride, albiet slow after a bit, but I will keep riding it for years to come.
Aero737
The Mod Squad

Postby joker on May 5th, 2003, 2:26 pm
There are some people that dont like some rides, and some that do. So lets be nice and if he doesnt like it, thats his opion (dont know how to spell...heh). Dont try to force him to like the ride.
-Roller Coaster Enthusiast
joker

Postby SFGAmfreak4life on May 5th, 2003, 2:34 pm
No one is trying to force anyone to do anyhting.
SFGAmfreak4life

Postby SwissCoaster on May 5th, 2003, 2:35 pm
Okay, okay, okay. I am really sorry that I don't like S:UF.CoasterDude316 you should remove this topic. It seems that everybody gets upset about it.Thanks.
SwissCoaster

Postby SFGAmfreak4life on May 5th, 2003, 2:42 pm
Im not upset a bit. You are entitled to your opinon and there is nothing wrong with that.
SFGAmfreak4life

Postby DejaVuGurl1203 on May 5th, 2003, 2:50 pm
SFGAmfreak4life is right. People can have their own opinions. If everyone was the same, this would be a boring world.
DejaVuGurl1203

Postby NoUseForAName on May 5th, 2003, 3:06 pm
Yeah S:UF isnt your extreme thriller but its still likeable And I can see why swisscoaster was dissipointed you wait in a line for that long and you dont get that much but I think its worth the wait. Also whats up with comparing this to ttd? random GP kept on saying "oh this doesnt go nearly as fast as ttd" or "why didnt they just build a fast coaster like ttd" I thought it was kinda funny anyway I loved S:UF
NoUseForAName

Postby SFGAmfreak4life on May 5th, 2003, 3:10 pm
Who cares if it doesnt go as fast. I bet that S:UF is a better ride. Im going to Cedar Point in two weeks. I cant wait to rode TTD and the other rides. I think that TTD will be too much for the general public and just maybe in a few years the popularity will die down.
SFGAmfreak4life

Postby CoasterDave316 on May 5th, 2003, 3:19 pm
SwissCoaster wrote:Okay, okay, okay. I am really sorry that I don't like S:UF.CoasterDude316 you should remove this topic. It seems that everybody gets upset about it.Thanks.
You don't need to apologize for not liking the ride, thats your opinion and I respect that. I just hate when people complain about the rides, I don't like V2 much at all but I don't go around complaining about it.The second half of Superman is a bit dull I agree, but the flying coaster depends so much on theming if you ask me. Once they get that area landscaped and put the trees into the holes in the ground, it should increase the feeling of speed during that second half of the ride. Which should increase the overall experience.
Go Bulls!
CoasterDave316
Webmaster/Site Admin

Postby SwissCoaster on May 5th, 2003, 3:44 pm
Yes, you are right with the theming thing. I agree.I am not going around complaining about it. All I said was that I think it is a boring ride. I didn't know that everybody is offended by that. By the way, I also said that the Pretzel-Loop is awesome. But I will stop talking about it right now....
Last edited by SwissCoaster on May 8th, 2003, 8:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
SwissCoaster

Postby coasterswimgurl12 on May 5th, 2003, 3:46 pm
well...i kinda understand what swisscoaster is talking about...i think S:UF is a great coaster, but for me it isnt one that i could ride over and over again in one day like raging bull.....i really only like the drop and the pretzel loop.....but i wouldnt call it Superman: Boring Flight!!lol :lol:
*~There's a light~*
*~In the darkness~*
*~Of everybody's life~*
coasterswimgurl12

Postby SwissCoaster on May 5th, 2003, 3:51 pm
Thank you very much coasterswimgurl12. That was very nice.Okay, let's keep the name S:UF!
SwissCoaster

Postby coastrcorey on May 5th, 2003, 4:03 pm
I respect your opinion... I however thought it was great!
coastrcorey

Postby JulieBoolie on May 5th, 2003, 4:05 pm
Uhh... I'm only pretty sure it's a PRETZEL loop... not a Bretzel loop... :lol:
JulieBoolie

Postby SFGAmfreak4life on May 5th, 2003, 4:13 pm
It is pretzel loop. I do agree that the ride excitment does die down towards the end. Its still a great ride though.
SFGAmfreak4life

Postby SwissCoaster on May 5th, 2003, 4:17 pm
To JulieBoolie:Because I am from Switzerland and there, a Pretzel is a Bretzel.But, please don't start complaining about the way I write things, okay!Everybody knew that I am talking about the Pretzel-Loop.
SwissCoaster

Postby SFGAmfreak4life on May 5th, 2003, 4:24 pm
Are you really from Switzerland?
SFGAmfreak4life

Postby SwissCoaster on May 5th, 2003, 4:28 pm
Yes, I am. That's why I call myself SwissCoaster.I hope that everybody knows where Intamin and B&M are coming from?
SwissCoaster

Next

Return to Six Flags Great America Forum