Great America
Roller Coasters
Rides
Hurricane Harbor
Water Slides
Water Attractions
Advertisement

Again with Deja Vu

Talk about anything that has to do with Six Flags Great America and Hurricane Harbor here.
Postby SFGAmfreak4life on May 4th, 2003, 10:44 pm
I really didnt want to start a new forum about Deja Vu but the stairs to get on the platform have been removed. Of course the train was removed. It got some new cable and a new lifter on the second lift hill.
R.I.P. Deja Vu 10/07/01-10/28/07
SFGAmfreak4life

Postby CoasterDave316 on May 4th, 2003, 11:11 pm
I don't have a problem with this topic...if you read my earlier post(this isn't based on a rumor, its based on fact). I also noticed that the stairs were removed, and up on there side on a fence. Why they did this I don't know, my only guess is to get the craine in to take the trains on and off the track.
Last edited by CoasterDave316 on May 4th, 2003, 11:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Go Bulls!
Dave - SFGAmWorld Webmaster
CoasterDave316
Webmaster/Site Admin

Postby SFGAmfreak4life on May 4th, 2003, 11:14 pm
Yea that is most likely why they did it. that crane is pretty big. People dont worry because Deja Vu isnt going anywhere.
SFGAmfreak4life

Postby NegativeGeez on May 5th, 2003, 1:04 am
im not worried that its gonna be torn down or anything...im just nervous that ill never ever get to ride it. i dont know if youre a fan of ren and stimpy at all...but i feel like stimpy, and deja vu is my red button. all i get to do is stare at it.
NegativeGeez

Postby SFGAmfreak4life on May 5th, 2003, 2:01 pm
Yes I am a fan of Ren and Stimpy and I know what you feel like. Right now its just a big blue and green lawn ornament. I love that ride and I want it to open really soon.
SFGAmfreak4life

Postby NegativeGeez on May 5th, 2003, 2:14 pm
my topic referring to dejavu got locked...so...ill have to continue my questioning in here...the reason i started the thread is because i overheard a dude in line for bull talking about it, and he was saying that they have to get reconfigured trains for deja vu (i believe he was talking about the staggered seating)...now...im not big on blieving rumors and what not...but that was the only rumor i had heard that sounded plausible, and i was wondering if anyone else had heard the same thing/knew anything about the subject.
NegativeGeez

Postby joker on May 5th, 2003, 2:29 pm
I heard about it, but as far as we know it, its a rumor.
-Roller Coaster Enthusiast
joker

Postby SFGAmfreak4life on May 5th, 2003, 2:30 pm
I heard this rumor from many different people. I heard many other rumors about the ride as well. I am not going to beleive them becuase they are just rumors. I do hope that the rumor about the train getting refigured isnt true. I love how they have those wing seats.
SFGAmfreak4life

Postby CoasterDave316 on May 5th, 2003, 3:24 pm
Thats the reason why the other topics got locked, they were just about rumors with absolutly nothing to back them up. When SFMM's Deja Vu went down for rehab in March everybody thought the trains were getting redone, and thats what started the rumor. When Deja Vu reopened there, the trains were the exact same, but the rumor kept going. Im 99% sure Deja Vu will open this year and with the same seating.
Go Bulls!
Dave - SFGAmWorld Webmaster
CoasterDave316
Webmaster/Site Admin

Postby SFGAmfreak4life on May 5th, 2003, 3:32 pm
I doubt that they'll change it just because its a unique experience on that train. I really do hope they open it this year and fast. In the mean time more ride time on S:UF.
SFGAmfreak4life

Postby coastrcorey on May 5th, 2003, 3:47 pm
If you think about it, it may not even be possible to have 4 across seating. It would maybe make the train too wide that it wouldn't even work. So, I wouldn't worry about them changing it. Especially since they havn't changed the other two at all.
coastrcorey

Postby stolen_starz on May 5th, 2003, 5:15 pm
well i can't really tell you anything because i've never been on it but i DO hope that they open it this season. i think i read in another forum that they didn't see it opening at ALL this season and i HOPE that isn't true. i really want to at least get one ride on it this season. just to see how it is. my friend that went yesterday rode it last year and said it was awesome. i hope they eventually put some new paint on it too. the blues don't even match. :?
Need a break from college homework.. 2004 season, come faster!!
stolen_starz

Postby Aero737 on May 5th, 2003, 5:19 pm
yeah, I have only ridden it once, and I have really forgotten what it feels like. They had better hurry, b/c im growing too tall for the ride, and I DONT want to get turned away. Hopefully I will go more than 3 times this year.
Aero737
The Mod Squad

Postby SFGAmfreak4life on May 5th, 2003, 5:19 pm
The ride is awesome. Last year I had a sad number of times I went on the ride which was 40. All the times were awesome. stolen_starz once it does open you have to go on it. Its an amazing experience.
SFGAmfreak4life

Postby linebacker131 on May 5th, 2003, 5:50 pm
i called them yesturday and asked to see if they are going o ope dejavu ad then she paused for like 30 secs and said tocall the day that i go tosee if it is open
linebacker131

Postby NegativeGeez on May 5th, 2003, 6:04 pm
i know its a rumor...but rumors are all that we have to go on. being an impatient and anxious person, i am trying to weed out fact from fiction. i hadnt heard anything about train reconfiguartion before and i wanted to bring it up to see if anyone else had heard something similar. im sorry that i didnt know that the same rumor had circulated at magic mountain, but i havent been there and live nowhere near there...so im not exactly in a position to know what is going on at that park. because the seating is so unique, it lead me to believe that it may in fact be related to the problem. i dont know of any other coasters seated that way...so its not unrealistic to think it might be part of the problem.my main point is that this ride seems to be a problem factory...its constatnly down and its easy to grow frustrated with the fact that there is seemingly no explanation from the park as to why one of it's main attractions is constantly not running. im sorry if speculating is not tolerated, but as a prospective rider and a coaster fan, i dont think its unreasonable to want to know why deja vu has been so problematic.
NegativeGeez

Postby NoUseForAName on May 5th, 2003, 6:06 pm
I thought B&M had a patent on the four across seating but i could be wrong. yeah i sure hope deja vu finally gets into the groove and starts operating at a normal pace.
NoUseForAName

Postby SFGAmfreak4life on May 5th, 2003, 6:12 pm
NegativeGeez remember that Deja Vu is a prototype. Vekoma never did fix all the bugs and there is till more being found. Its just a big design flaw. Vekoma went bankrupt last year so I dont know how long it will take them to get the right amount of money to fix up the ride.
SFGAmfreak4life

Postby coastrcorey on May 5th, 2003, 6:41 pm
Don't worry... I'm sure it'll open this season. Magic Mountain's and Over Georgia's (I believe) are operation, so I'm sure ours will be soon. I mean, it's only a couple days into the season, so we can't get too worried yet.
coastrcorey

Postby NegativeGeez on May 5th, 2003, 8:04 pm
my quabble is not with the fact that there is a problem. i think it is a testament to six flag's dedication to safety that its still closed, but i think when one of your major attractions is as flawed as deja vu, its wise to inform the public as to why. if there is an electrical bug of somekind or if there needs to be some tweeking done to the track or cars...we (the paying riders) deserve to know...or at least i believe so. i just dont like being in the dark.
NegativeGeez

Postby keg5651 on May 5th, 2003, 8:09 pm
coastrcorey wrote:Don't worry... I'm sure it'll open this season. Magic Mountain's and Over Georgia's (I believe) are operation, so I'm sure ours will be soon. I mean, it's only a couple days into the season, so we can't get too worried yet.
Plus ours is in the coldest place...
keg5651

Postby T_Biggs on May 5th, 2003, 8:36 pm
Fright Fest made it apparent that temperature does not effect the ride, and this winter wasn't excessivly cold, so I doubt being cold has to do with the ride's current condition.
T_Biggs

Postby SFGAmfreak4life on May 5th, 2003, 8:44 pm
T_Biggs is right. Remember in 2001 Deja Vu first openend during fright fest and ran until the last day. Last year it ran through all of fright fest and Last Blast.
SFGAmfreak4life

Postby whiteygabe1998 on May 6th, 2003, 5:37 pm
sry to burst your bubble but geja vu was closed in fight fest last year if any of you were there u may of seen a 13 thats 5 foot 10 swaering at the dumb coaster as i watch it brake down before they opened it.
whiteygabe1998

Postby stolen_starz on May 6th, 2003, 5:44 pm
yea it did close during fright fest at LEAST once because we did go during fright fest (oct. 19) and it wasn't open all day. never was open and never DID open :(
Need a break from college homework.. 2004 season, come faster!!
stolen_starz

Next

Return to Six Flags Great America Forum