Great America
Roller Coasters
Rides
Hurricane Harbor
Water Slides
Water Attractions
Advertisement

six flags great america superman ultimate flight on fox news

Talk about anything that has to do with Six Flags Great America and Hurricane Harbor here.
Postby chiatrain on April 29th, 2003, 6:33 am
Well, it's about 6:30 in the morning, and Paul took off on S:UF for the WGN crew. They had a nice shot of the coaster from the chopper. All I could think was, and agreed with the anchor, that the coaster seemed to be 'kinda slow' and the ride seemed to be over quickly. Oh well, I'm sure it will still be a great ride.
chiatrain

Postby chiatrain on April 29th, 2003, 6:42 am
They sure don't slack when it comes to a new coaster. Just flipping through the A.M. shows and the local CBS, NBC, ABC, WGN, and FOX in the Chicago area all sent crews to Media Day at SFGAm. WGN seemed to have some fun by having Paul dress up as Superman and Mike as Captain America.
chiatrain

Postby Aero737 on April 29th, 2003, 6:50 am
I agree, when i looked at the coverage on WGN, I was dissapointed. It did seem to go through the elements a bit slow. Well, maybe it was a cold run, and the train looked to be pretty much empty. If its always that slow, that will be a tame ride. :roll:
Aero737
The Mod Squad

Postby stolen_starz on April 29th, 2003, 6:54 am
well aren't cars that aren't full slower sometimes? i could be wrong but i thought i heard that somewhere.. plus my mom said raging bull is a LOT fast now than in 99 when it opened. maybe the track needs to be broken in better. i am sure that's what it is because in that video from sfgadv i think it was, the ride looked a lot faster than it was on WGN this morning. oh, i got it taped on the computer so after school i'll have him edit it and just post it on here if u want it.~~!!!4 dAyS!!!~~
Need a break from college homework.. 2004 season, come faster!!
stolen_starz

Postby whiteygabe1998 on April 29th, 2003, 7:08 am
sure thanks if you could i saw it on some news channel this morning the girl reporting was on some crack she said that the park opens next weekened. and there camra sucked because on the ride it was all dark but before she got on it the camra was light . They didnt show much footage but it wasnt that great because the camra was pointing at the girl screaming and yoyu couldnt see what was going on.
whiteygabe1998

Postby DejaVuGurl1203 on April 29th, 2003, 7:23 am
I only saw stuff on WGN so far. I've been flipping through the channels and have only seen stuff on WGN. The coaster did look a bit slow, but I bet when you're actually on it's a lot faster than that. It does look pretty awesome. Can't wait for Saturday.
Last edited by DejaVuGurl1203 on April 29th, 2003, 7:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
DejaVuGurl1203

Postby chiatrain on April 29th, 2003, 7:24 am
Yeah, I think you're talking about the Ch. 2 CBS reporter. So far, their report would be rated last, as there was some dark footage. WGN receives creativity with Paul as Super-girl or something and Mike as Captain A-Hole. And, one of the kids of the Ch. 7 ABC reporter got in about 8 rides.
chiatrain

Postby DejaVuGurl1203 on April 29th, 2003, 8:35 am
My dad just told me that tonight they're gonna have something about the Superman at 7PM on Channel 11 (non-cable channel). I forgot the name of the channel, but it's the one where they have all those kid shows like Barney and Arthur and Mr. Rogers and Teletubbies.
DejaVuGurl1203

Postby Aero737 on April 29th, 2003, 10:03 am
Channel 11 = PBS or Public Broadcasting. Not the best shows. Do you know if it is news or what? I never thought that PBS had any sort of news program.
Aero737
The Mod Squad

Postby coasterinsane on April 29th, 2003, 1:11 pm
Yes, as i was getting ready for school today i was flipping through the chanels and on channel 7 around 6 50 they said up next a new ride at great america... or somthing like that, so i poped in a tape and i have it all on tape, i will make copies so if you guys want one, email me and i might have to charge you like a buck cause tapes are not cheap... but, i have one.....stupidme523@yahoo.com
---------2006---------
Raptor Crew
Wicked Twister Crew
---------2007---------
Maverick Crew
Mantis Crew
Cad Cars Team Lead
coasterinsane

Postby DejaVuGurl1203 on April 29th, 2003, 3:05 pm
aero737 wrote:Channel 11 = PBS or Public Broadcasting. Not the best shows. Do you know if it is news or what? I never thought that PBS had any sort of news program.
Well, I think he said it's gonna be on a show called Chicago Tonight. So we'll have to see when they will show SUF.
DejaVuGurl1203

Postby DejaVuGurl1203 on April 29th, 2003, 8:03 pm
I just saw stuff on PBS. They showed an onride video of this guy on it... Man, it looked sooo freakin' awesome!
DejaVuGurl1203

Previous

Return to Six Flags Great America Forum