Great America
Roller Coasters
Rides
Hurricane Harbor
Water Slides
Water Attractions
Advertisement

Private SFGAM Picinic

Talk about anything that has to do with Six Flags Great America and Hurricane Harbor here.
Postby burns109 on April 18th, 2003, 11:19 am
I am going to Chicago to visit my sister and we are going to goto her company picinic which is being held on April 27th. The park will be closed off to everyone but her co-workers :?: . Do you think that the new Superman coaster will be open? Will all coasters be open? If anyone knows anything about this or is going to work at the park that day, could you tell me of any information you have on this? :?: :?: :?:
burns109

Postby usdjock01 on April 18th, 2003, 11:22 am
well like it was said in the other topic Dejavu will not be open for opening day so its obviously not gonna be open before. As for superman I think they're gonna open it on may 3rd but you never know. all other rides should be open
usdjock01

Postby stolen_starz on April 18th, 2003, 11:28 am
hey, someone asked if superman will be open on the 27th, but probably not. we always go with US Steel in Gary and this year it's on April 19th (tomorrow) but i'm not goin because i have to work but i go every other year and the new rides are the only ones that DON'T open until the actual opening of the park. so superman won't open until may 3rd. i could be wrong but i doubt it. hey does ne one know why deja vu won't be open on may 3rd? because i'm goin and that is the ONE ride i never got to go on because it's ALWAYS closed.. someone post a reply back or send me a PM. if ne of u have msn, add me stolen_starz@hotmail.com i wanna talk about coasters!! :)
stolen_starz

Postby coasterzak on April 18th, 2003, 11:17 pm
Wow, the park is already open for private events?!
coasterzak

Postby stolen_starz on April 19th, 2003, 9:15 am
yea, the park opens for private events in mid april i think. i know today they are open. (april 19) because 3 of my friends went for the thing with US Steel but the catch is that new rides aren't open. V2 and Deja Vu MAY be open but they weren't last year. and the year before that they even had raging bull closed. so it kinda sucks becuase they don't open the new rides until they're somewhat old. i don't know what they consider new.
stolen_starz

Postby CoasterDave316 on April 19th, 2003, 10:05 am
Im 99.9% sure Superman will be closed, they will probably want to get as much work done as possible that weekend seeing as how Media Day is the 29th. Don't expect Deja Vu or V2 to be open either.
Go Bulls!
Dave - SFGAmWorld Webmaster
CoasterDave316
Webmaster/Site Admin

Postby coasterzak on April 19th, 2003, 10:07 am
Well at least they get to catch some rides on the more classic rides. SFWoA doesn't do any of that... I was there last week and every coaster had its trains off. I'm astonished that SFGAm is ready for operation.
coasterzak

Postby coastrcorey on April 19th, 2003, 11:09 am
CoasterDude316 wrote:Im 99.9% sure Superman will be closed, they will probably want to get as much work done as possible that weekend seeing as how Media Day is the 29th. Don't expect Deja Vu or V2 to be open either.
Actually, Media Day is the 26th...
coastrcorey

Postby CoasterDave316 on April 19th, 2003, 12:00 pm
Its the 29th, I have an invitation :)
Go Bulls!
Dave - SFGAmWorld Webmaster
CoasterDave316
Webmaster/Site Admin

Postby Chitown on April 19th, 2003, 1:59 pm
How did you get an invitation Dave? Is it because of this website? If so, that is cool.Why do people think that V2 will be closed during these private events?
I finally retired the Sarah Palin signature because she is now 100% irrelevant.
Chitown

Postby coastrcorey on April 19th, 2003, 4:53 pm
Oh yeah... Lol it is the 29th. Oops, sorry. For some reason I thought it was on a Saturday (the 26th)...
coastrcorey

Postby stolen_starz on April 19th, 2003, 6:10 pm
is anyone going to the park on may 3rd opening day for sure? well i know people are.. just interested in who all is goin.. email me or post a reply on here if maybe ya wanna meet up. i'm driving up there with 3 friends. :)
stolen_starz

Return to Six Flags Great America Forum