Great America
Roller Coasters
Rides
Hurricane Harbor
Water Slides
Water Attractions
Advertisement

Filling coaster trains

Talk about anything that has to do with Six Flags Great America and Hurricane Harbor here.
Postby raging badger on April 4th, 2003, 9:57 pm
I have a bit of a complaint in regards to the ride ops and loading coaster trains. One day last year I noticed several times that some trains left the station with completely empty rows. I understand that they need to keep things flowing so the trains don't get backed up, but filling the trains would help to keep the queue lines moving as well. It seems there are enough people waiting in the station to fill these empty rows. I don't mean to be too critical, but I just think it's unacceptable to send out trains with empty rows when hundreds of people are waiting in line. I will step down from the soap box now.
raging badger

Postby coastrcorey on April 4th, 2003, 10:31 pm
Well, I'm quite sure that they wouldn't send one with a row empty if there were hundreds of people waiting in line... That sounds a little strange, I mean I know a lot of times they'll send a train with like 1 seat open, but a whole row? I mean, there must have been people waiting for that row, I don't think they would just send it off...
coastrcorey

Postby T_Biggs on April 4th, 2003, 10:44 pm
Only rides I rarely see this on are Batman and Iron Wolf. Iron Wolf mainly would occur because the ops don't start yelling at people to let people in the station due to the very narrow station and front line being in the way (which was not a problem before fastlane, which displaced the front-only side of the stairs that would keep the line moving just fine.) Batman only happens because of a poorly designed station, where nobody can see anything if they aren't in it, and the whole line ends up being the front row line.Usually the ops will yell over the loud speaker to get moving before any trains go out with empty rows, but they slip by once in a while. So really, they do a good job keeping the trains full. Based on my observations, you are overreacting about the ops. If you want to complain about them, complain about how Iron Wolf never doesn't stack! :lol:
T_Biggs

Postby Chitown on April 4th, 2003, 11:07 pm
Iron Wolf stacking is more of a problem because it is a standup. Releasing the harnesses, and re-applying them to new guests is time consuming. Being a short circuit layout doesnt help either.Just so you know, Mantis at CP which has a longer circuit reduced their train count to 2 and guess what? IT STILL STACKS!!!!!
I finally retired the Sarah Palin signature because she is now 100% irrelevant.
Chitown

Postby coasterzak on April 4th, 2003, 11:41 pm
Yeah there is no hope for Mantis. That thing will stack until the day they scrap it!
coasterzak

Postby greatamerica2003 on April 5th, 2003, 8:23 pm
Thanks Chitown! I'm glad at least SOMEONE understands.It's possible that the row had some sort of illness in it. That would be understandable. I have tried to NEVER send an empty row. But dude, it's difficult. Especially when the idiots standing in line don't pay attention and they talk to their freinds about how Johnny brok up with Susie. :roll:
YOU ARE A FAILURE AT LIFE!
greatamerica2003
amtrak
amtrak

Postby coastrcorey on April 5th, 2003, 8:43 pm
Yeah, I can imagine that it gets pretty tough when there are people not paying attention to what's going on...
coastrcorey

Postby coasterzak on April 6th, 2003, 10:19 pm
Especially on Iron Wolf when they make you stand straight up and lock the seats, there's always problems with that type of thing on standups.
coasterzak

Postby CoasterDave316 on April 7th, 2003, 4:18 am
I have to give the Iron Wolf crew some credit at the end of last season they were really booking. There was even a point last year towards the end of the season I saw them running it without stacking for a little bit, but sure the rides could have been unenjoyable for some guests. If they didn't stand they sent them out sitting lol.
Go Bulls!
Dave - SFGAmWorld Webmaster
CoasterDave316
Webmaster/Site Admin

Postby coasterzak on April 7th, 2003, 3:39 pm
Ow, just reading that makes me hurt!
coasterzak

Postby Aero737 on April 8th, 2003, 6:28 pm
the ride ops at GAm are slow. During July at night, raging bull stacked 2 coaster trains. I think there was a problem in the station though. But we rode 4 times between 9-10 pm, and every time we stacked.
Aero737
The Mod Squad

Postby Swimmerkev on April 8th, 2003, 9:36 pm
In the lastest Rollercoaster! magizine it shows B:KF With an EMPTY FRONT ROW and all others are FULL! Unacceptable.
Yes.
Swimmerkev

Postby greatamerica2003 on April 9th, 2003, 3:12 pm
Oh that makes a lot of sense aero Think about this.....
raging bull stacked 2 coaster trains. I think there was a problem in the station though
You answered your own question bub.Swimmerkev, so you go by one picture in an enthusiast magazine? Was the row inoperable because of a mechanical malfunction? Or was someone sick in the row and they were waiting to clean it up? Do you have an answer?I didn't think so.
greatamerica2003
amtrak
amtrak

Postby CoasterDave316 on April 9th, 2003, 8:19 pm
Yeah if just a front row is empty then it is obvious something was wrong with the train, since thats the first row most of the General Public would go for the minute they saw it empty.
Go Bulls!
Dave - SFGAmWorld Webmaster
CoasterDave316
Webmaster/Site Admin

Postby coasterzak on April 10th, 2003, 3:52 pm
I can just tell you that the front row on B:KF is sweet and there is no reason why it wouldn't be operating on a regular basis. It must have just been a bad time when they took the picture. There is always a long line for that front row.
coasterzak

Postby greatamerica2003 on April 10th, 2003, 4:54 pm
Yep. It must have been a bad time.
greatamerica2003
amtrak
amtrak

Return to Six Flags Great America Forum