Great America
Roller Coasters
Rides
Hurricane Harbor
Water Slides
Water Attractions
Advertisement

Coaster after dark fight

Talk about anything that has to do with Six Flags Great America and Hurricane Harbor here.
Postby _FuryBull_330_ on September 26th, 2018, 6:03 pm
^ Yeah these additions were great but I think it's time to slow down. I'm fine if they start to put a bunch of family based attractions or even a family coaster. Cheap family additions are fine with me now so maybe they can not attract a bunch of teens.
How come Lightning Rod is never open when I go.

Top 10: 1. El Toro 2. Steel Vengeance 3. I305 4. Fury 325 5. Maverick 6. Mako 7. Iron Rattler 8. Medusa Steel Coaster 9. Raptor Clones 10. Maxx Force.
_FuryBull_330_

Postby anewman35 on September 26th, 2018, 9:29 pm
The idea that putting in family rides for a few years or whatever would mean they would attract less teens is silly. There's still plenty of stuff teens like, and it's not like teens have much else to do, as long as tickets are this cheap things won't change from that aspect...
anewman35

Postby JackGlass on September 27th, 2018, 5:55 am
A Family flat ride package would be great for 2020. It would help balance things out and add more capacity. Would I like another coaster in 2020? Obviously. But we really lack some key family rides. Ferris Wheel, Himalaya, Tilt a whirl, Flying Scooters, etc. We have a lot of small blank spots in the park where these rides could easily fit.
JackGlass

Postby viperchick85 on September 27th, 2018, 9:24 am
It's so strange to me that they have gotten rid of the family friendly things that they seemed to live for in the 2000s. Of course they do that AFTER I have kids. Oh well, we have passes for this year and next so I guess time will tell.
viperchick85

Postby SiliconMessiah on September 27th, 2018, 12:05 pm
I don't think the place is NOT family friendly and I do not believe that adding family rides will deter rowdy teens. If I don't want to deal with loud drunks, I don't go to Cubs games, it's something you need to balance your own personal preferences regarding. It was not intelligent on my part to assume it was a good idea to bring my four and six year olds to Coasters After Dark.

I do think that it would be nice to have more family friendly rides and the Whizzer is a great coaster partially because my whole family can ride and enjoy together. All I am saying is that it would be nice to have more rides that my kids and I can all enjoy together. It seems that they have been very focused on adding thrill rides and some of the family sections are being neglected.
SiliconMessiah

Postby CoasterRiderSC on September 28th, 2018, 1:13 pm
SiliconMessiah wrote:I don't think the place is NOT family friendly and I do not believe that adding family rides will deter rowdy teens. If I don't want to deal with loud drunks, I don't go to Cubs games, it's something you need to balance your own personal preferences regarding. It was not intelligent on my part to assume it was a good idea to bring my four and six year olds to Coasters After Dark.

I do think that it would be nice to have more family friendly rides and the Whizzer is a great coaster partially because my whole family can ride and enjoy together. All I am saying is that it would be nice to have more rides that my kids and I can all enjoy together. It seems that they have been very focused on adding thrill rides and some of the family sections are being neglected.

Add Dark Knight to list of rides whole family can enjoy together! Sky Trek Tower is another good family ride.
Single Day Ride Count Record

50 rides 8/17/2018 (Without Flash Pass - Coasters After Dark)

---- "Here we go, kids!! Here we go!!"
CoasterRiderSC

Previous

Return to Six Flags Great America Forum