Great America
Roller Coasters
Rides
Hurricane Harbor
Water Slides
Water Attractions
Advertisement

2017 Passes/Memberships

Talk about anything that has to do with Six Flags Great America and Hurricane Harbor here.
Postby Tardis1972 on September 6th, 2016, 10:48 pm
Were just have to wait and see until we go on the 25th. That's all there is to it.
Tardis1972

Postby Dan The Coaster Man on September 6th, 2016, 11:16 pm
Got my season and dinning passes. I think it's a steal, and really do think they should up the price.
Dan The Coaster Man

Postby bbd on September 7th, 2016, 8:44 am
Dan The Coaster Man wrote:Got my season and dinning passes. I think it's a steal, and really do think they should up the price.

They should up the price and then promote the payment plans right on the advertisement like Cedar Fair. SF you can do the memberships which is sort of like payment plan of CF, but it's not front and center promoted like CF. CF puts the $189 or 9 payments of $21 front and center. They also offer 9 payments on the Season Dining and Season drink bottle. The higher prices overall don't give people "sticker shock" when they see like $30/mth when done in payments.
bbd

Postby CoasterRiderSC on September 8th, 2016, 12:42 pm
I agree that they could raise the price and most people would still buy a season pass that were going to.

I think $99 would be a good price, that way you need about 3 trips to get your $$ worth and it nets more revenue for them (to build a Mr. Freeze here :) )
Single Day Ride Count Record

50 rides 8/17/2018 (Without Flash Pass - Coasters After Dark)

---- "Here we go, kids!! Here we go!!"
CoasterRiderSC

Postby stergmi on September 8th, 2016, 2:20 pm
CoasterRiderSC wrote:I agree that they could raise the price and most people would still buy a season pass that were going to.

I think $99 would be a good price, that way you need about 3 trips to get your $$ worth and it nets more revenue for them (to build a Mr. Freeze here :) )

I think the fear is a higher price might kill off some of the lesser parks (SF America I'm looking at you).

For us, since G-Am is our home park of course we'd pay more. It's a fantastic park. But if you're in Maryland/NoVa do you really pay a higher price for SFA?
stergmi

Postby bbd on September 8th, 2016, 3:34 pm
stergmi wrote:
CoasterRiderSC wrote:I agree that they could raise the price and most people would still buy a season pass that were going to.

I think the fear is a higher price might kill off some of the lesser parks (SF America I'm looking at you).

For us, since G-Am is our home park of course we'd pay more. It's a fantastic park. But if you're in Maryland/NoVa do you really pay a higher price for SFA?

Six Flags pricing is not uniform now and that could continue without hurting SFAm.v They could just up prices to get more revenue and thus have money for better rides(big coasters) In fact the pricing at SF is bizarre, especially how they make 4 or more regular w/ free upgrade to Gold, less than a regular pass. They are leaving so much money on the table. Here's just quick example of the variable pricing:

Regular/GOLD/4+Reg(free gold upgrade)
GAm 76/147/66
Stl 65/133/54
DK 69/133/56
FT 76/91/66
Am 65/105/53
NE 66/125/56
OG 79/104/54
Adv 77/110/70
MM 134/160/80
bbd

Postby jcrowwi on September 12th, 2016, 2:02 pm
I missed out on the Labor Day sale because I was stupid and forgot to get our dining passes on Tuesday night last week. We already are locked in with our membership pricing for our park passes, but still need to get the dining passes. Do you think this back to school pricing is the cheapest they will be or will there be another "flash" type sale?
jcrowwi

Postby bbd on September 12th, 2016, 2:29 pm
jcrowwi wrote:I missed out on the Labor Day sale because I was stupid and forgot to get our dining passes on Tuesday night last week. We already are locked in with our membership pricing for our park passes, but still need to get the dining passes. Do you think this back to school pricing is the cheapest they will be or will there be another "flash" type sale?

The current Season Dining "Back to School Sale" is $3 more than what I bought it for in May for 2016. There might be a Christmas time sale. I wasn't looking at prices last Holiday Season to know if they had a sale equal to the Flash Sale. Nothing beats the Flash Sale pricing. the difference now to then is $13.
bbd

Postby Dan The Coaster Man on September 12th, 2016, 11:11 pm
I think I remember seeing the prices almost the same as the Flash Sale prices on Black Friday in 2014.
Dan The Coaster Man

Postby momlovescoasters on September 28th, 2016, 8:17 am
I have a question regarding all season Flash Pass. If you purchase a two-person pass, does it have to be the same 2 people using it? Do they use a finger scanner like they do for the regular passes? I'd be purchasing it and always there but I have 2 different people that I bring with me throughout the season.
momlovescoasters

Postby Bullsnike on September 28th, 2016, 8:45 am
momlovescoasters wrote:I have a question regarding all season Flash Pass. If you purchase a two-person pass, does it have to be the same 2 people using it? Do they use a finger scanner like they do for the regular passes? I'd be purchasing it and always there but I have 2 different people that I bring with me throughout the season.

Best answer I can give is that it's treated just like a dining pass. When you go to the flash pass center, they simply scan your season pass just like they would if you were using a dining pass so I don't believe the 2nd person would be affected. Granted mine is just for me, but I've already used it 3 times this year since the flash sale.
Bullsnike

Postby momlovescoasters on September 28th, 2016, 8:54 am
Thanks for the info Bullsnike. I wish I would have purchased it during the flash sale. I'll probably wait till next year now but will continue to check the sales, just in case.
momlovescoasters

Postby stergmi on September 28th, 2016, 12:01 pm
momlovescoasters wrote:I have a question regarding all season Flash Pass. If you purchase a two-person pass, does it have to be the same 2 people using it? Do they use a finger scanner like they do for the regular passes? I'd be purchasing it and always there but I have 2 different people that I bring with me throughout the season.

They just scan the season pass it's attached too

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
stergmi

Postby batmanfan80 on September 29th, 2016, 8:07 am
They could up the price a lot. There's already way more demand than the park can supply for the majority of the season. I'm not even sure what percentage of pass holders ever spend a dime beyond their initial pass purchases. Or how many buy and only go one time, if at all. There's probably a very large percentage who just take up space when they go to the park and aren't helping much with revenue. It'd be interesting to see what would happen if they took the prices up to a Busch Gardens level, about twice what they're charging now. They might as well try something while they have all this demand as they won't be able to keep adding big coasters to keep interest forever. Our park needs to strengthen itself as an overall experience.
batmanfan80

Postby anewman35 on October 3rd, 2016, 7:54 pm
Just noticed that the passes they're selling now are "Batman Edition" passes, and there's also a mention on the page of "Superman Edition" passes, although I don't think they're selling those right now? And here's what that means:

The BATMAN and SUPERMAN edition passes each have some unique benefits not available with the other type of Pass. A BATMAN edition pass includes the following on select days: an extra Bring-A-Friend Free ticket for a friend, exclusive ride time events for BATMAN Pass Holders, $5 off a BATMAN item of $25 or more, 20% off a Dawn of Justice cape, 15% off a BATMAN Mohawk hat and 15% off a BATMAN key chain.

SUPERMAN edition passes include the following on select days: a bonus free friend ticket, exclusive ride time events for SUPERMAN Pass Holders, $5 off a SUPERMAN item of $25 or more, 20% off a SUPERGIRL cape, 15% off a caped SUPERMAN stove top hat and 15% off a SUPERMAN key chain. For dates and details, please log into the Pass Holder Portal to view your eCoupons.
anewman35

Postby Re-Check 9 on October 4th, 2016, 3:19 pm
batmanfan80 wrote:They could up the price a lot. There's already way more demand than the park can supply for the majority of the season. I'm not even sure what percentage of pass holders ever spend a dime beyond their initial pass purchases. Or how many buy and only go one time, if at all. There's probably a very large percentage who just take up space when they go to the park and aren't helping much with revenue. It'd be interesting to see what would happen if they took the prices up to a Busch Gardens level, about twice what they're charging now. They might as well try something while they have all this demand as they won't be able to keep adding big coasters to keep interest forever. Our park needs to strengthen itself as an overall experience.

They need to increase prices, but Six Flags should offer a tiered season pass pricing system. The cheapest season pass would be around $65 but have blackout dates for the busiest days and restrictions on what parks it's good for, kind of like a Thrill Pass. Six Flags America could offer a SFA-only season pass for the same low price but raise the prices on passes that include all Six Flags parks. The people who use more than 1 park will gladly pay it and the people that don't won't have to.
Re-Check 9

Postby whyyoudodis on November 28th, 2016, 7:52 pm
Season passes are 80 dollars for cyber monday and it says free upgrade to gold. What does that mean and is it a good price?
whyyoudodis

Postby anewman35 on November 28th, 2016, 8:39 pm
whyyoudodis wrote:Season passes are 80 dollars for cyber monday and it says free upgrade to gold. What does that mean and is it a good price?

Gold mostly means "free parking". It's not as good a price as the Labor day sale, but it's better than most other times.
anewman35

Postby Coaster Justin on November 28th, 2016, 11:57 pm
Re-Check 9 wrote:
batmanfan80 wrote:They could up the price a lot. There's already way more demand than the park can supply for the majority of the season. I'm not even sure what percentage of pass holders ever spend a dime beyond their initial pass purchases. Or how many buy and only go one time, if at all. There's probably a very large percentage who just take up space when they go to the park and aren't helping much with revenue. It'd be interesting to see what would happen if they took the prices up to a Busch Gardens level, about twice what they're charging now. They might as well try something while they have all this demand as they won't be able to keep adding big coasters to keep interest forever. Our park needs to strengthen itself as an overall experience.

They need to increase prices, but Six Flags should offer a tiered season pass pricing system. The cheapest season pass would be around $65 but have blackout dates for the busiest days and restrictions on what parks it's good for, kind of like a Thrill Pass. Six Flags America could offer a SFA-only season pass for the same low price but raise the prices on passes that include all Six Flags parks. The people who use more than 1 park will gladly pay it and the people that don't won't have to.

I wish would do that with Membership Passes where your blacked out on Weekends/Fright Fest. Sorry but at 3.30 a month, You shouldn't get the whole year (That is the cost of a Membership Renewal rate at SFOG)
926 Coasters around the World! Countdown to 1000!

http://sfgamworld.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=15272

Runner Up of the 2017 SFGAmWorld Elimination Thread
Coaster Justin

Previous

Return to Six Flags Great America Forum