Great America
Roller Coasters
Rides
Hurricane Harbor
Water Slides
Water Attractions
Advertisement

Minor Updates, Rumors, and Happenings

Talk about anything that has to do with Six Flags Great America and Hurricane Harbor here.
Postby benneluke on May 22nd, 2017, 11:54 am
Guy_With_A_Stick wrote:Lobster's entrance(and the rest of the structure) got a nice new coat of paintImage

Sent from my VS820 using Tapatalk

Very slick. Now they just need to trim back all of that foliage so we can see it in action!
What a day! What a place! What a smile on your face!
benneluke

Postby anewman35 on May 22nd, 2017, 1:05 pm
staticshadows wrote:Picture of JWR's former spot.

I meant to take a picture of that yesterday too. It seems obvious that SOMETHING is happening there, either the return of JWR or a drink stand or something. Something like that obviously wouldn't happen by this weekend, but you'd they'd at least want to block off the area in a way that looks a little nicer than a huge chain link fence...
anewman35

Postby gottastrata33 on May 23rd, 2017, 12:08 pm
To me it looked obvious that Jesters was returning but I'm told there are no plans to put it back. Which honestly stinks cause it's a perfect opening to put it back. It's as if it didn't even really need to leave haha
gottastrata33

Postby Guy_With_A_Stick on May 23rd, 2017, 12:18 pm
Yeah, to add to this, they planted grass over the old JWR location, so I doubt it's returning

Join the SFGAm Fan Discord! https://discord.gg/bNrTj9P

The Voyage | Goliath SFGAm | Skyrush | Maverick | Viper SFGAm | Outlaw Run | Thunderhead | TTD | Lightning Run | Thunderbird
Guy_With_A_Stick

Postby staticshadows on May 23rd, 2017, 12:55 pm
Edit: Removed from forum.
Last edited by staticshadows on July 8th, 2017, 12:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
staticshadows

Postby anewman35 on May 23rd, 2017, 6:22 pm
Guy_With_A_Stick wrote:Yeah, to add to this, they planted grass over the old JWR location, so I doubt it's returning

Hmm. I wonder if that's just a temporary thing to look good for the media for the weekend? If they always planned on just having grass, why was it left as dirt over last weekend? And of course the curb cut and that pipe (or whatever it is) that's sticking up. I'd be kind of shocked if they don't do something with that spot besides grass, but we shall see.
anewman35

Postby Viper 88 on May 23rd, 2017, 9:48 pm
Maybe if they got rid of that sf outfitters and did some creative landscaping they could put in a waltzer and call it Harley Quinns Spinsanity. Maybe move Jokers intonthe tent by Eagle? Replace Revy with a bigger version. Get rid of Chaos and add a Fireball?
Viper 88

Postby Guy_With_A_Stick on May 23rd, 2017, 10:12 pm
^But here's the thing, the park turned SF Outfitters into the new Ride Info Center, so I doubt it'll be going any time soon.

The thing about Jester's is that the ride was manufactured with the Jester Head on the car, so it'd probably be better to just get a new model instead of renovating a used one from 2004. I doubt it' ever returning to the park.

While I want a Giant Discovery, I don't think there's enough space where Revy is. It'd have to knock down the gift shop, and probably some other stuff around it.

As for the Super Loops, I'm 90% sure that SF's contract with Larson expired, so don't expect any more from them.

The Voyage | Goliath SFGAm | Skyrush | Maverick | Viper SFGAm | Outlaw Run | Thunderhead | TTD | Lightning Run | Thunderbird
Guy_With_A_Stick

Postby SFGAMNUT9302 on May 24th, 2017, 4:39 am
If V2 heads to Six Flags America, they might just ship Jesters Wild Ride out there so it can be in their Mardi Gras themed area. Six Flags America has pretty much become our official hand me down park, so it wouldn't shock me in the least, lol
SFGAMNUT9302

Postby onyxhotel08 on May 24th, 2017, 10:51 am
Guy_With_A_Stick wrote:Lobster's entrance(and the rest of the structure) got a nice new coat of paintImage

Very dark. Great for FF, not so much right now.They couldn't use some more lively colors for summer?
13 Years with SFGAm World!
onyxhotel08

Postby ilrider on May 24th, 2017, 2:50 pm
onyxhotel08 wrote:

Very dark. Great for FF, not so much right now.They couldn't use some more lively colors for summer?

It is the color scheme for the ride now, though I agree that is a lot of black. The cars have the black and gold scheme too. They look pretty good.
ilrider

Postby RollingCoasting on May 24th, 2017, 10:56 pm
Raging Bull's red train is on the tracks:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tmFgjygXdDw
RollingCoasting

Postby Tardis1972 on May 25th, 2017, 10:13 pm
^ It was testing most of today but never opened. Ride op said the train wasn't ready for operation yet. By the end of the day it was back on the transfer track.
Tardis1972

Postby RollingCoasting on May 27th, 2017, 12:40 pm
-There is a new entry spiel at the front gate. New narrator/instructions and it has the Sky Trek Tower/Scenic Railway music

-Raging Bull has 3 trains running

-Eagle Blue is open!
RollingCoasting

Postby stergmi on May 27th, 2017, 2:19 pm
RollingCoasting wrote:-There is a new entry spiel at the front gate. New narrator/instructions and it has the Sky Trek Tower/Scenic Railway music

-Raging Bull has 3 trains running

-Eagle Blue is open!

What are Joker lines looking like today?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
stergmi

Postby RollingCoasting on May 27th, 2017, 2:42 pm
Haven't been over there yet. However, just like when Goliath opened, most major attractions have very short waits. Saturday of Memorial Day Weekend, low 70's, and Raging Bull has a 10 minute wait. :)
RollingCoasting

Postby RollingCoasting on May 27th, 2017, 4:08 pm
Sorry for the double post but I walked by The Joker half an hour ago and it looks like they were only using the circus tent. Not as bad of a line as I would've expected, but I think I'll wait until tonight still.

Another update - All of the banners outside The Joker's queue are finally up. I'll get pics later if nobody else does

Edit 10:33 P.M. - One more thing. There is a KIA Sponsored event where you take a quick survey/test drive a KIA vehicle (No cost) and you actually get a free $10 voucher to use anywhere in the park! Really cool views of the backstage area, too

Also, Scenic Railway is open and Yankee Clipper opened later in the day
RollingCoasting

Postby batmanfan80 on May 28th, 2017, 1:28 am
Was there today around 3:30. They got preferred parking like Sea World now. Looks like it's the first few rows in the front nearest HH. The lines were all averaging about 20-30 minutes despite there being about a million people there and a ton of cars in the back lot. Demon had no line at all when we saw it from the train around 6. X-Flight's line was by the keyhole at that time, so figure 30-40 min or 90 with tons of flash passers. We didn't ride There was a good amount of flash passers at Viper. These people aren't rich. They look like 20 somethings who work retail jobs. Raging Trimbrake's line was running pretty efficiently. Much moreso than Viper. Their new orange and brown front/back stair color scheme doesn't appear to be working at all, but people are evenly splitting between front and back on their own. Batman line was about 3 rows deep. Joker's line was completely full but it moves really fast. They also let us skip ahead of 20 people because they needed 2 riders to fill space. I guess you can't bring a waist pack on the ride according to their sign. Lastly we went to Pretzelman around 8:30. Line was at least several hundred people long and moving at a snail's pace. Remembering that last year everyone went in the single rider line, we went there. That turned the ride into a walk up and we got on right away. This will be 6th year we bought season passes so we'll try to get a few more visits in before the hoardes show up in mid-July and the lines are all 60 min minimum. However, I don't know that anyone is as diehard as the blind guy with the walking stick. He seems to be there every time we go. They should give out awards to these people that go every week or more.
batmanfan80

Postby MrsTaxi on May 28th, 2017, 1:51 pm
batmanfan80 wrote: However, I don't know that anyone is as diehard as the blind guy with the walking stick. He seems to be there every time we go. They should give out awards to these people that go every week or more.
snipped for space

I think he's there basically everyday. Nice guy.
MrsTaxi

Postby batmanfan80 on May 28th, 2017, 11:11 pm
has anyone seen any of the new shows? I might watch one or two tomorrow.
batmanfan80

Postby Guy_With_A_Stick on May 28th, 2017, 11:39 pm
I saw EFX 360 a few weeks ago. It is really cool! Some really neat special effects, lights, and lasers. There's also a fair bit of audience interaction. My only complaint is that the flow wasn't that great because of the audience interaction. Other than that, really solid show.

Guy_With_A_Stick

Postby Goku1910 on May 29th, 2017, 12:55 pm
I didn't really care for EFX 360. The only good part was....and this is a potential spoiler so dare to read ahead....was the lasers/bubbles reflections.

Besides that, someone hit the EFX 360 ball so hard it hit the stage lamps so the point I thought it was going to fall off. :lol:
"I've been told that some part of every wish will be heard but lately I lost sight of the truth in those words."
Goku1910

Postby cliffhanger on May 29th, 2017, 5:46 pm
Goku1910 wrote:I didn't really care for EFX 360. The only good part was....and this is a potential spoiler so dare to read ahead....was the lasers/bubbles reflections.

Besides that, someone hit the EFX 360 ball so hard it hit the stage lamps so the point I thought it was going to fall off. :lol:

EFX360 was alright. It needed more dancers/performers. I was expecting singing and dancing. The effects were fun and yeah, the best part was "that part ^". The opening was really promising with the song choice, but it fell flat after that. Fun for kids, I bet!
cliffhanger

Postby Wisco Woody on May 29th, 2017, 5:53 pm
I will be going to the Park for the first time since opening day on Wednesday with a discounted ticket for my friend's birthday. From the looks of comments on here, it seems like the Park has really stepped up the effort level since opening weekend. I am not just mildly excited for Joker, but also to check out EFX 360 and this supposed extensive retracking of Eagle blue. I think because JL:BFM was so expensive and time intensive last year, probably a $14-15 million investment, the total Park experience and enthusiasm suffered through early June of 2016. Hopefully the higher projected attendance and more admission events translates to a better experience outside of just the coasters and new show.
Wisco Woody

Postby cliffhanger on May 29th, 2017, 6:12 pm
Wisco Woody wrote:... this supposed extensive retracking of Eagle blue. I think because JL:BFM was so expensive and time intensive last year, probably a $14-15 million investment, the total Park experience and enthusiasm suffered through early June of 2016. Hopefully the higher projected attendance and more admission events translates to a better experience outside of just the coasters and new show.

Where do these retracking rumours come from? Something like that would be a big deal. I didn't see any new track when I went Saturday. I feel like there is a distinct lack of entertainment this year. The show guide is bare and we don't really have any stage shows this year. But the landscaping is on point this year...
cliffhanger

PreviousNext

Return to Six Flags Great America Forum