Great America
Roller Coasters
Rides
Hurricane Harbor
Water Slides
Water Attractions
Advertisement

ALL NEW FOR 2024! Sky Striker

Talk about anything that has to do with Six Flags Great America and Hurricane Harbor here.
Postby CoasterRiderSC on May 12th, 2024, 12:31 pm
staticshadows wrote:
CoasterRiderSC wrote:How many seats on Sky Striker, 32 ?

Any idea what the RPH is for the ride??
Single Day Ride Count Record

50 rides 8/17/2018 (Without Flash Pass - Coasters After Dark)

---- "Here we go, kids!! Here we go!!"
CoasterRiderSC

Postby Coaster Justin on May 12th, 2024, 4:22 pm
The Zamperla site says 600
926 Coasters around the World! Countdown to 1000!

http://sfgamworld.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=15272

Runner Up of the 2017 SFGAmWorld Elimination Thread
Coaster Justin

Postby Dan The Coaster Man on May 12th, 2024, 8:31 pm
Can't make June 6th, which probably means I will miss opening weekend too? Gonna be in Texas for Roller Coaster Rodeo so not a bad alternative
Sucker for a launch, custom audio and Viper | Coaster Count: 511
Dan The Coaster Man

Postby CoasterRiderSC on May 12th, 2024, 10:07 pm
Coaster Justin wrote:The Zamperla site says 600

That's only 15 cycles/hour? Seems kind of low.

I was thinking they could do 20 cycles / hour = 800 RPH

CoasterRiderSC

Postby Blue_Toad_Coasters on May 13th, 2024, 12:34 am
gottastrata33 wrote:Thank you.

I think they may actually open the ride for pass holder previews shortly but holding off on media day until the area fully is ready. Cause from the looks of it the ride could open in two weeks but with so much ground work to be done, I'm sure they're wanting to "beautify" the area for filming. Have the entire ride area much more presentable. I'll be shocked if they wait to open it after media day.

Does anybody know if the park ever removed what was left of the Barney Oldfield Raceway?
Blue_Toad_Coasters

Postby coasterfanatic on May 13th, 2024, 1:10 am
Blue_Toad_Coasters wrote:
gottastrata33 wrote:Thank you.

I think they may actually open the ride for pass holder previews shortly but holding off on media day until the area fully is ready. Cause from the looks of it the ride could open in two weeks but with so much ground work to be done, I'm sure they're wanting to "beautify" the area for filming. Have the entire ride area much more presentable. I'll be shocked if they wait to open it after media day.

Does anybody know if the park ever removed what was left of the Barney Oldfield Raceway?
Yes. It was all removed for Sky Striker

As for the RPH. Keep in mind, that the manufactures RPH is typically higher than actual RPH

15 is probably on a good day. It’s going to take at least a minute if not more of loading time. (Bull can’t keep even dispatch a train in a minute and there’s no seatbelts.

Zamperlas website listed the load/unload time as 2 minutes and ride time as 2 minutes. That’s where they get the 4 minutes total and theoretical capacity of 600 RPH. So it will be less than that. Likely averaging 12 cycles per hour.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
coasterfanatic

Postby CoasterRiderSC on May 13th, 2024, 6:40 am
coasterfanatic - thanks for clarifying that. Yeah I wasn't considering the length of the loading/unloading time!

CoasterRiderSC

Postby gottastrata33 on May 22nd, 2024, 10:36 am
Apply for the commercial shoot! They're looking for people now! Applications close Friday, May 24th at 5pm!
gottastrata33

Postby HCF on May 22nd, 2024, 12:06 pm
gottastrata33 wrote:Apply for the commercial shoot! They're looking for people now! Applications close Friday, May 24th at 5pm!

Where can we apply?
Some time, on way to successful, first of steps of all of the steps to being successful steps are hardest of all of the steps to successing.
HCF

Postby Dan The Coaster Man on May 22nd, 2024, 12:52 pm
Their Instagram has a link in their bio.

The commercial shoot is less than 2 weeks away. I was at the park yesterday and I do not see them being ready by then. No controls, no queue. Still need to do testing/training too.
Dan The Coaster Man

Postby CoasterRiderSC on May 22nd, 2024, 10:27 pm
Dan The Coaster Man wrote:Their Instagram has a link in their bio.

The commercial shoot is less than 2 weeks away. I was at the park yesterday and I do not see them being ready by then. No controls, no queue. Still need to do testing/training too.

Dan - Congrats on surpassing 500 coasters!!

CoasterRiderSC

Postby gottastrata33 on May 22nd, 2024, 10:32 pm
CoasterRiderSC wrote:

Oops sorry, link in bio on their insta as mentioned. As for Dan - Well now we gotta know what the 500th coaster was ;) my 500 was Dr. Diabolical
gottastrata33

Postby CoasterRiderSC on May 22nd, 2024, 11:23 pm
Strata - Congrats on your 500th!

CoasterRiderSC

Postby Coaster Justin on May 23rd, 2024, 11:53 am
gottastrata33 wrote:
CoasterRiderSC wrote:

Oops sorry, link in bio on their insta as mentioned. As for Dan - Well now we gotta know what the 500th coaster was ;) my 500 was Dr. Diabolical

Awesome on 500, My 500th was Gringott's in 2015, I tried to ride it with Drew the Intern but it didn't happen
926 Coasters around the World! Countdown to 1000!

http://sfgamworld.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=15272

Runner Up of the 2017 SFGAmWorld Elimination Thread
Coaster Justin

Postby Blue_Toad_Coasters on May 23rd, 2024, 7:32 pm
Congrats to everybody for reaching 500 coasters! I've only been a coaster enthusiast for about a year so I've only got 28, but I am curious to know how long it took everybody to reach such a massive milestone!

(I am planning a 2-day trip to Cedar Point though, so I'm hoping I can reach 40 at least.)
Blue_Toad_Coasters

Postby CoasterRiderSC on May 23rd, 2024, 9:54 pm
Blue_Toad_Coasters wrote:Congrats to everybody for reaching 500 coasters! I've only been a coaster enthusiast for about a year so I've only got 28, but I am curious to know how long it took everybody to reach such a massive milestone!

(I am planning a 2-day trip to Cedar Point though, so I'm hoping I can reach 40 at least.)

Blue Toad - I'm only at 176 coasters and I'm over 50 yo! I've always liked coaster and parks, but I didn't really become a huge enthusiast until 2014 when I had my first ever season pass to our park! My 100th coaster was New Texas Giant!
Last edited by CoasterRiderSC on May 24th, 2024, 11:21 am, edited 2 times in total.

CoasterRiderSC

Postby HCF on May 24th, 2024, 10:38 am

Not to be a broken record but where exactly? When I click the link in their bio it takes me to a page that just lists their hours and tickets
Some time, on way to successful, first of steps of all of the steps to being successful steps are hardest of all of the steps to successing.
HCF

Postby gottastrata33 on May 24th, 2024, 10:09 pm
HCF wrote:

Not to be a broken record but where exactly? When I click the link in their bio it takes me to a page that just lists their hours and tickets

Applications ended at 5pm today. If they took it down early, they most likely got enough or too many applicants.
gottastrata33

Postby CoasterRiderSC on May 24th, 2024, 10:36 pm
Applications ended at 5pm today. If they took it down early, they most likely got enough or too many applicants.

I sent an email on 5/11 to the address you gave me. I haven't heard back from anyone :(

CoasterRiderSC

Postby gottastrata33 on May 25th, 2024, 8:16 am
CoasterRiderSC wrote:

I sent an email on 5/11 to the address you gave me. I haven't heard back from anyone :(

They may have everything filled for any/all events. I have no idea. Sorry peeps.
gottastrata33

Postby Blue_Toad_Coasters on May 26th, 2024, 11:01 pm
gottastrata33 wrote:
HCF wrote:

Wouldn't doubt it. With how populated the Chicago-metropolitan area is, I bet many, many people signed up. Way more than if they were asking for people for a park like Discovery Kingdom.
Blue_Toad_Coasters

Postby Blue_Toad_Coasters on May 28th, 2024, 11:49 pm
CoasterNick3157 posted a new Sky Striker Update and the rumored Media Day (June 6, I believe?) looks to be spot-on. The main take-away is that the bases for the entrances for both American Eagle and Sky Striker are in and the land is being smoothed out. All that's left for construction is to pour in concrete for the queue and exit, install railings, install the controls if that hasn't been done, and landscaping. After that, all that needs to be done is training, if I'm not mistaken.

Hopefully American Eagle will open within a week following Sky Striker, or at least the entrance and the destroyed queue will be built. I'm hoping that the park could finally run both sides, or at least on holidays or special occasions. It would be neat if the park ran it backwards either during normal operating hours this year, holidays, special occasions, or during Fright Fest.
Blue_Toad_Coasters

Postby coasterfanatic on May 28th, 2024, 11:55 pm
Blue_Toad_Coasters wrote:CoasterNick3157 posted a new Sky Striker Update and the rumored Media Day (June 6, I believe?) looks to be spot-on. The main take-away is that the bases for the entrances for both American Eagle and Sky Striker are in and the land is being smoothed out. All that's left for construction is to pour in concrete for the queue and exit, install railings, install the controls if that hasn't been done, and landscaping. After that, all that needs to be done is training, if I'm not mistaken.

Hopefully American Eagle will open within a week following Sky Striker, or at least the entrance and the destroyed queue will be built. I'm hoping that the park could finally run both sides, or at least on holidays or special occasions. It would be neat if the park ran it backwards either during normal operating hours this year, holidays, special occasions, or during Fright Fest.
They are not running both sides of Eagle this year. Blue will run this year and the red trains are not even on the track.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
coasterfanatic

Postby CoasterRiderSC on May 29th, 2024, 8:03 am
I think Eagle's days are numbered.

CoasterRiderSC

Postby Dan The Coaster Man on May 29th, 2024, 12:25 pm
gottastrata33 wrote:
CoasterRiderSC wrote: Dan - Congrats on surpassing 500 coasters!!

As for Dan - Well now we gotta know what the 500th coaster was ;) my 500 was Dr. Diabolical

Thank you all haha. My 500 was the thrilling, massive, legendary... Super Grovers Box Car Derby at Sesame Place San Diego :lol: I have not had a good milestone coaster since 300.
Dan The Coaster Man

PreviousNext

Return to Six Flags Great America Forum