Great America
Roller Coasters
Rides
Hurricane Harbor
Water Slides
Water Attractions
Advertisement

SFMM August 3rd 2003 - 1 of 6

Let us know how your day at the park was.
Postby CoasterDave316 on August 25th, 2003, 10:37 am
California Trip 2003Part 1 of 6.Since my trip was a week and I got 6 days of TR's to write I decided to use Coasterbuzz member Coastaplayas format of TR's for my week long trip. So here it goes.My flight at around 9:40...20 minutes ahead of schedule but with a bit of a rough landing. All the ear poping on the landing gave me a headache so I arrived to LAX with a really bad headache and just wanted to go lay down. But unfortunally I couldn't. I had to get a rent a car, drive to SFMM and see if we could check into the hotel yet. But we couldn't until 3. Went to a McDonalds down the street from Magic Mountain in a Walmart and started feeling a little better. Then headed to Six Flags Magic Mountain.PARK: Six Flags Magic MountainDATE: August 3rd 2003ARRIVED: Around noonLEFT: About 10p.m.PARK APPEARANCE/ATMOSPHERE: Better than I thought it would be, first thing I noticed was a bunch of line jumping and people just wandering everywhere. I saw a kid playing in the Water by Revolution...very odd how they just wander around in these parts.RIDE QUEUE TIMES: LONG! Rides not running at full capacity and slow ride ops made lines very long and slow moving. Viper and Scream were the only rides running at Full capacity today.BEST EXPERIENCE: X this is without a doubt the best thrill on a coaster I have ever had. It is such a unique experience that it is unlike any ride I have ever rode.WORST EXPERIENCE: X's line, it was slow moving and took about 3 hours. It was only running one train.MOST PLEASANT SURPRISE: X's line was worth every minute of it. :)BIGGEST DISAPPOINTMENT: Deja Vu being down although I suspected it would be and Flashback being down although I knew it would be.COASTER RANKINGSWITHOUT FLAW:XRiddlers RevengeSCREAM!ViperREALLY QUITE GOOD:Superman: The EscapeGoliathCOLD FRIES BAD:RevolutionJUST PLAIN AWFUL:None today.MAJOR NON-COASTER ACTIVITIES: None todayBEST NON-COASTER RIDE: None todayOTHER COMMENTS: It was pretty crowded but I had a pretty good first day at the park even though I only got in 7 rides. I only rode rides from 12 - 7 since I got in X's line between 6:30 and 7. Weather was great but very HOT.Too be continued.....SFMM (Day 2)SFMM (Day 3)Universal Studios HollywoodKnotts (Day 1)Knotts (Day 2)
Go Bulls!
Dave - SFGAmWorld Webmaster
CoasterDave316
Webmaster/Site Admin

Return to Trip Reports